Difference between Arcsaber 10 and AT900t

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tommie20, Mar 5, 2009.

1. tommie20

tommie20 Regular Member

school
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a new racquet. I liked both the Arcsaber 10 and the AT900t. I wondered what the difference is between those two. I'm a normal to attacking player and i heard that the Arcsaber packs a little more punch when smashing.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

* sorry if my english is not correct

2. Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool Regular Member

badminton
    Arc10 for you...

3. tommie20

tommie20 Regular Member

school
    is there a reason behind it, i read here that it is pretty difficult to step up to an arc 10. I play with a pretty light Oliver racquet right now. If you could explain a bit more about your choice

Tom

4. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    I used to play with an AT900T(4U/G4) - Original Yonex Version- for a year after i hit it on the ground an the frame is broken. i had a long run of thinking whether to take another AT900T or completely change to another serie. My choice was first on ARC7, but after the ARC10 was introduce in march i was on to it. And i never regret this decision. But my biggest inspiration was Taufik Hidayat who had also played an AT900T and now play an ARC10. I am not a powerful player and have big problem with my condition. So i am more a double player. :) To come B@ck to the AT900T. IMO the AT900T ist a wrist playing racket. It is light an very fast. A racket for perfect net playing and fast drive. But it lack of powerplay. The smashes are very numb.
    In comparision the ARC10 is very powerful. I can generate easy powersmashes with less strength. Drives are also OK and net play ist also accurate. The Racket is bit far heavier than the AT900T. But it is a matter of time when you get stick to it as i do.

5. tommie20

tommie20 Regular Member

school
    thanks for the good comparison between the two Stein_r.
    I think i will go for the arc 10 and make it my own :cool:

Greetz

Tom

6. iimonkey

iimonkey Regular Member

I am currently using an arc10 right now...I can tell you that it is taking me some time to get use to the racquet (esp. the sweet spot) last sunday i finally got my smash out and man it sounded beautiful...still getting acquaintance to it but lovin it :)

7. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

arc 10 rox^^:):)

8. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    For me i will choose at900T :D Arc 10 is very fast and you'll not have problem when make a continous smash but the power is not as good as armortec series. Placing and control saber 10 is very good and defense is superb but that also same condition with At900T. I can generate much power when using At900T than Arc 10. So for me AT900T better power but Arc 10 better speed and both is worthed to buy depends on your style of play.
    FYI i have almost all YY high end (except NS9900, not available yet :D) and still At900T is on my top list from YY line but thats for me...racket is personal preference, i suggest you to try by yourself before buy.

9. redskins009

redskins009 Regular Member

Biochemist
    The Arcsaber 10 is a very well-balanced racket in term of the head and shaft...therefore, I find it very easy to smash with and to get used to. I find it a lot like the Ti10 in many ways, but it just pack a heavier punch than the AT900T. But if you have really powerful arms you might find the AT900T to hit harder. Oh ya, these days I find myself getting older and slower so I use my wrist more to smash and place shots....the lighter head of the Arcsaber 10 compared to the AT900T does help a lot. But all of this depends on how the racket feels in your hand and how you wield it. Best advice is to just go to the shop and just hold both racket and maybe take some test swing and see which one feels better for you. But IMHO, I think the Arcsaber 10 is a miracle racket :)

10. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

Beware, the Arcsaber 10 is a very hard racket to use. Once you get used to it, you will notice it is a 'miracle' racket.

11. redskins009

redskins009 Regular Member

Biochemist
    Its true that Arcsaber 10 can be a hard racket to get used to. I got used to it really fast, but then I did notice a lot of differences with the racket. Like for example the shaft is a lot smaller hence the swing can be a bit faster than what you are used to. When you strike the birdie, you can feel a little bit of vibration or a ringing in the racket at first...but that vibration tends to go away when you are used to the racket. The shaft feels long and the head seems a bit smaller. But other that I dont really feel/see anymore more major differences between the Arc10 and many other YY rackets in the same line.

To me the Arcsaber is a very easy racket to play, thats probably because I play on the Prince line and too many carbonex rackets. Therefore going to isometric and Arcsaber 10 is a very easy adjustment.

12. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    I feel the opposite of you :D Arc 10 is a weird racket :D With same string and tension (26 lbs NBG98) i find Arc 10 is the weakest power compare to others (NS9000S, AT900T,P, Ti-10 all gen, even to other brands such SOTX or Victor, Mizuno etc) but after re strung 1 lbs higher the power amazingly up and currently take 2 lbs higher than my ussual tension and feel better. Not as great like others but not far away like the first tension. Its strange since i feel Arc 10 absorb my smash power at normal tension and release more punch in higher tension...after this one break maybe i must try 29lbs to find out :D No vibra at all, very nice to play if i ignore the smash power :D
    I also like oval head feel :D My Mizuno is oval and feel great :D

13. tommie20

tommie20 Regular Member

school
    ok guys, i bought the arcsaber 10 and played with it yesterday.
    It is a very nice racket i have more power in my strikes, it feels very stable too. My only question is on what tension is my racket strung?
    because if i have to let it restrung i want to know what the original tension is ( kg / lbs ) :)

Thanks for all the great reply's

Greets Tom

14. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    whoa......how could we know? If you get your racket with factory tension probably between 22-24 lbs as they recomended that tension in their warranty....sorry i cant help much cause in my area, all new racket came unstrung :rolleyes: Maybe some member in your country can help :D Btw, congrats to you and enjoy the game :cool:

15. tommie20

tommie20 Regular Member

school
    thanks issarakaya,

its a bit weird question indeed. I will just test some tensions out when they snap.
    My racket came with the Nanogy 95, i guess this is a high end string.
    Could you tell me which of the Yonex strings is the most durable?

Greets Tom

16. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    any string with 0,7 mm thickness is durable, and NBG 95 is at the top on durability list :D