Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by janemba001, Mar 5, 2009.

1. janemba001

janemba001 Regular Member

Hi there, I'm a new player who's just started thinking about techniques and footwork for badminton and I'd like for a couple of recommendations on rackets. I'm looking for a lightweight racket (maybe an all round type of racket) since I'm not good with smashes. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I assume "light" means 3u or below, then that's quite a bit choices. For Yonex range, safe choice include AT900T, NS9000S, MP99 (if you still can find), At800D (if you can still find). On the head light side, we have NS7k and 8k. However, most of such rackets are on the stiff side, which might be hard for you to adopt, if your technique still need some work.

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    With all due respect, Grandmaster LB, the OP says he has just started to think about technique and things and you're recommending high end Yonex. As much as I love high end Yonex rackets, I'm not so sure they're the right option for this particular person.

janemba001, if you want Yonex, I'd recommend the Armortec 250 in 4U or look for a Muscle Power 66 or 88 (again in 4U).

Karakal make some light rackets, look at the MTec 80 and MTec 75.

The Apacs Nano 900 power white would be a good choice also.

4. janemba001

janemba001 Regular Member

Thanks for the replies. Lazybuddy I'll take a look at some of those rackets and Danstevens I'll take a look at some of the ones you've mentioned as well. I hope in the end I can walk away with one or two rackets that'll help me out as I want to get better. If there are any other opinions from other people I'd love to hear them out as well.

5. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    My recommendation is the Yonex CAB 30MS. It has a somewhat smaller sweet-spot, but when you get used to it, it's one of the most affordable all-around rackets you can buy. (You can find one around $90-115 USD)

6. what07

what07 Regular Member

If your just playing recreational and live in toronto I saw some Isometrics 75MF for about 45 bucks in Eaton Center sportcheks. Those lasted me threw middle school to grade 9. Big sweet spot and light. Or AT250 which is about 100 bucks.