New threads

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by dubber, Mar 6, 2009.

1. dubber

dubber Regular Member

Electrician
    Well Ive been looking through these forums alot recently and in the rackets and equipment forums I see alot of "use the search function".

Isnt this a forum? If there arent any new questions that maybe have been answered before these forums would probably die pretty fast since there would only one new topic when a new model comes out. If you dont want to answer the topics questions with an answer that helps him but answer him with a "use the search function we are tired of old topics" why even answer at all? It just seems like a waste of time for both you and the thread starter, instead of taking the time to write the above you could use that time to help him instead. People just seem way to irritated here and pretty unfriendly and if you dont want to help dont even enter the thread or dont write anything it just seems like wasting your time or "posthunting". Well im pretty sure people will have alot of comments about this and Ill reply if i feel like it i guess but Ive kind of written the things I want to get out.

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    A lot of times people just want to repremand people for not even bothering to look for stuff or spend time on their problems instead of just posting a new thread with a 6 word question.

IMO, if a person spends a lot of time and thought on their question, being told to search isn't gonna happen. If you pull examples from your search and ask for extra advice, that's always ok.

I find that the "do a search" things are mostly for people who ask questions about topics that are readily availble everywhere (balance, stiffness, etc) or distribution codes, XUGX codes, etc.

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I agree. Although it's not nice to just say "Use the search function" to a new member, they need to use the search function and look at the stickies. I tend to answer the question and then recommend that next time they use the search function first.

5. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    I agree with you, if you did just search for the answer is may aswell be a website with a list of FAQ's.

the one that does seem to waste space is ppl posting saying 'i agree with ......' now thats pointless

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Well there are some things to discuss...like new racquets, what racquet might suit me, etc.

There are other things which are not to be discussed, but instead just general knowledge floating everywhere....like yonex distribution codes, grip and weight sizes, etc.