Ti-10, at-900 t or arc 10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xJustForHer, Mar 6, 2009.

1. xJustForHer

xJustForHer Regular Member

hi guys:)

I have been using the mp 66 for quite a while now, but it broke around the frame area.....

I was thinking of getting a new racquet, can you guys give me some good recommendation?

i mostly play singles but occasionaly play doubles. When playing singles, i usually resort to the routine of clearing and dropping. I would say that i usually drop and crosscourt drop and then clear it back to the corners or play a net shot. i do smash, but occasionaly when i get a clear cut chance. I actually tried using the at 900p but then i dont like the head heaviness of the racquet.

what do you guys think of the control of the ti-10 compared to the at-900t? there are so many gens of ti-10 heard that gen 2 and 3 are the same? but some say that they do have some difference in terms of stiffness

So what do you think i should get?
    Thx for the help!:)

2. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    Arc10 looks suit you better :D Consider NS series also since you dont like head heavy feel. Ti-10 gen1,2,3 is same playibility only slighty different in stiffness....for control, drop,clear,net, Arc10 is really nice to play with...try them first of course cause its pricey. My opinion could be different from others

#2 issarakaya, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  3. xJustForHer

haha thx for your opinion:)

by the way, anyone knows how the ti-10 compares to the arc 10 in terms of control? i was having a look at it in a shop and it is extremely light and easy to move around. Also, which is the stiffest gen of the ti-10?

thx for your help!:)

4. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    arc 10 has better control :D Ti-10 has more power. The stiffest T-10 for me is gen 3 :D

5. redskins009

redskins009 Regular Member

Biochemist
    I currently play with the Arcsaber 10 right now. I love the racket so much that I bought 3 of them just to keep around incase I break the string and have to switch it out. Therefore, I can be a bit bias toward the Arcsaber 10.

Anyways, I play with all three rackets: Arcsaber 10, AT900T, and Ti10.

In term of a all-around racket the Ti10 is extremely good, but just not as good of an all-around racket as the Arcsaber 10. Some think that the Ti10 have more power but I totally think that the Arcsaber pack a heavier punch. Oh by the way I only use micropower string at 27lbs...but I still feel that Arcsaber is a much more powerful racket.

In term of easy to play with, the AT900 to me is easier to hit than the Arcsaber 10 or the Ti10 for some reasons. The racket also pack a very heavy punch due to the head...

But if you ask me to rate these three rackets in term of overall effectiveness...I would say...
    1) Arcsaber 10
    2) AT900T
    3) Ti10

This doesnt mean the Ti10 is crap, its just that Yonex really did improve on their rackets over time. I think the Ti10 is still a very good racket and I still have one hanging around in my bag. Just like how I still have a few carbonex rackets around still because I think they are amazing rackets even if they are old.

6. xJustForHer

Haha thx red for your comments!

Erm actually i was looking at this 3 models because i dont really like playing with a heavy head racquet, and these 3 racquets are extremely easy to move around which suites me better i think.

There was once, my coach told me that the at 900 t is much more for doubles, but i am not too sure about that. i have tried out my friend's arc10 at ilbs 26 and the control on the net is superb.

Maybe need to try out the at 900 t first before really making a decision...

thx for the help!:crying: