Clear up my mind please

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ivan, Aug 19, 2002.

1. ivan

ivan Regular Member

Student
    Jesus!
    I just got an email from a retailer in Taiwan, since it is the only sports shop that carries mp 90, so I ask him is there any possibilities for him to whip me a MP90-JP/CP/CN version. And guess what? He told me..."JP version racquets only distributed in the area of Japan, in order to get it, you might have to import it, and the most important thing is that they Japanese least likely will help you, because they like to keep their goods in their home country", I admire that answer, as manner of facts, it is like that. The second answer really hit the jackpot:...."You know that the CP version are distributed in the area of Singapore and CN are distributed in China, hence, the mp 90 we sell in the sports shop are SP version" Well... that statement really gets the ball rolling, I mean, for my understanding for so many years, CN and CP are mainly for Chinese national team players instead of so called Singapore or China where you can purchase these two types of version in any sports shop in the described area. Therefore, is there anyone has any real solid info on these things? And what¡¦s the relation between CN and CP version? Thanks

Ivan.

2. Yong

Yong Regular Member

ICT consultant
    My guess is that the retailer doensn't know where he is talking about.
    I asked a racket supplier (where i am a regular customer), and he says he hasn't heard of CP/CN at all. Maybe just the equipment fanatics like us and some people involved with those type of rackets know of this CP/CN stuff.
    I remember reading once on this forum that CN became a distributiuon code for China, and therefore the former CN national team racket coding has changed to CP code for the newer range of rackets.
    Maybe he also thought you confused CP with SP, as the retailer mentioned that those rackets are distributed in Singapore.
    BTW, this retailer is situated in Taiwan ? why do they sell SP and not TW versions ?

#2 Yong, Aug 19, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2002
  3. ivan

ivan Regular Member

Student
  4. Yong

Yong Regular Member

ICT consultant
    Hi Ivan,

I think you 'r right concerning the neweness of this MP90 racket and all.
    Nice website, but all those strange signs .. ow well, i refused to install traditional chinese characterset :D .. not that it would have made any difference understanding the text :)

Nice day to you too