User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i haven't watched the game yet, but i think there is more than meets the eye.
    they are a relatively new pair, i believe they've done pretty well since their partnership, regularly reaching the SF's and finals. i mean, they beat lee yong dae and his partner twice this week so for you people who said that he should be dropped from the national team is just retarded.
    if he indeed was throwing "temper tantrums", i'm sure there is some reason for it. maybe he must of woken up on the wrong side of the bed? we all have bad days, relax guys. i'm sure li yong bo and crew have already talked with zheng bo about his on court behavior and i don't expect it to happen again. i guess we'll have to see how he and ma jin play at the swiss open

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    oh, shocked me little just now..
    do u mean zainal abidin rawop?? or hasbullah awang?
    Sorry, no idea. I even heard some football scores during the commentary

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's quite a provocative fact that Ma Jin played a terrible game.
    But I wouldn't agree that Zheng Bo did the right thing by turning on her.

In the Mixed Doubles final at the 2000 Olympic Games, Indonesia's Tri Kusharyanto & Minarti Timur won the first game 15-1 against China's Zhang Jun & Gao Ling before going down 13-15, 11-15 to them.

So poor was Timur's play throughout the Games that Tri-Kush's performance probably ranks as one of the greatest ever in Mixed Doubles.

In the final, he played almost single-handedly against ZJ & GL - and note that this young Chinese pair was then good enough to make short work of the legendary Korean pair of Kim Dong-moon & Ra Kyung-min (15-11, 15-1) in just the second round.

Sadly for Indonesia and Tri-Kush, almost every easy kill that he set up for his partner was flubbed by Minarti Timur. It was the same with net opportunities - they were spectacularly botched.

It came to a point where Tri-Kush began playing alone - but, by then, the divide was too great to catch up with the well-coordinated Chinese pair.

The incredible thing here is that NOT ONCE did Tri Kusharyanto blame, scowl at or upbraid Minarti Timur. He just played on as if nothing had happened to upset the balance!

What a contrast with Zheng Bo

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    The CHN coach is intense. Check out the look on his face
    To be fair, the coach's expressions may have put unnecessary pressure on ZB/MJ. There were many shots of him with a "black", exasperated face. I swear he was going to self combust at any moment

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To be fair, the coach's expressions may have put unnecessary pressure on ZB/MJ. There were many shots of him with a "black", exasperated face. I swear he was going to self combust at any moment
    Just curious:
    Why must 'black' be equated with 'angry' and other such unpleasantness?
    Why not 'white', exapserated face?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Since..

..Ma Jin is a junior, he was probably targeting Zheng Bo as the black sheep..Talk about everything going wrong for Zheng Bo..Noticed at the end of the match, the coach was comforting/patting Ma Jin..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a moment at 6-5 in the rubber when MJ pushes the bird long. The camera shows ZB swinging his racket in frustration and spouting something angrily. He wasn't afraid to hide it either. This must have been so discouraging to MJ. Some impatient gestures follow as they prepare to receive serve.

ZB's grumpiness commences at this point. CHN begins to unravel and KOR picks up a pile of points on errors. ZB then gets a scolding from the equally frustrated coach at the interval. I think at this point the red mist has taken hold of ZB and he is unable to focus or execute properly. From here on the deterioration of the CHN duo is spectacular. You can see the coach comforting the crying girl as ZB exits stage left.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Just curious:
    Why must 'black' be equated with 'angry' and other such unpleasantness?
    Why not 'white', exapserated face?
    I don't know. It's a Chinese expression.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the only AE match that I watched. Quite a coincidence.

I thought ZB was doing quite well and their team could have won in straights but they were unlucky during the last few points of the second game, if I could recall correctly.

It was in the decider that ZB lost focus and was dragging his feet. He must have been very frustrated with himself and no thanks to perhaps some harsh words from his coach that he blew his top and completely gave up. with some rather uncharacteristic returns.

On the other hand, the young Korean pair which I have never seen before except the girl probably playing WD, saw the disarray in the CHN team and took advantage and applied more pressure to end the match quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zheng bo was mumbling and giving attitude to his partner like, 'wth cant you make use of those opportunities'.. his smashes didnt do much harm either to the koreans side.

at least he should give advice or smth to his partner rather than blaming her.
    from the way i look at it, they had no chemistry playing together as mixed doubles.

no wonder she cried after losing the match when zhengbo just disappeared away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAS commentator. Yap, yap, yap, yap...
    Oh haha, I thought you meant the the English ones. I found it quite interesting in most of the matches I saw. I like how Gillian often teams up with former professional players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the video, have to say that Ma Jin is quite weak for a Chinese women player. And she tends to stand a bit too far away from the net most of the time causing her net play too defensive. But ZB doesn't earn the right to throw such a hard tantrum at her. Poor girl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were MJ, I would request for a change in partnership

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all due respect, Ma Jin's skills is quite appalling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    If I were MJ, I would request for a change in partnership
    ..as it relates to dating or relationship, it's better to separate early than later, eh??..

Btw, i wonder if this must be the shortest partnership stint for Zheng Bo? Oh, how he still longs for those playing days with Gao Ling, i can imagine..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 03-08-2009 at 03:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also noticed at times Ma Jin would look to ZB for assurance or guidance but ZB showed no interest in offering any
    i just finished watching the whole match, and yeah, MJ was the one going "Jia you, jia you" while ZB was... just ZB. there wasn't even any eye contact between them (as pointed out by one of the commentator), much less communication.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast