User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 133
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    during the interval of the third game, i heard the coach told off zheng bo and asked him to get out of the court if he is not interested in playing and he (coach) will replace him.
    Wow, the coach's volume must have been very loud for it to be heard on tv
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-08-2009 at 04:08 AM.

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    GL is a very patient person, thats why lyb paired both of them together... But i can seet that sometimes, GL is very frustrated with hime also... but lets not take credit away from ZB... He can really do well at times as he can really do his part at the back of the court... He just needs a leader to guide n lead him throughout the match, thats all... he doesn't have the quality of a leader yet
    If I'm not mistaken, GL scolded ZB bf, but with her smiling face. And of course, GL was senior, so ZB had to follow her lead. She did mention before in interviews that she shouldnt be telling ZB what to do all the time.
    Looks like Zb having a hard adjusting his role with his new inexperienced partner.

    In any case, it's a tall order for any gal replacing GL to fill GL's shoes.

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was there yesterday, ZB couldn't control himself at all, complete loser. I guess he will be kicked out from Chinese national team soon, they have lots of talents no need to rely on ZB.

    also he got few titles because of GL of course. people sitting around me (from all over the world) know that.

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    also MJ was crying after the game, all the other Chinese teammates came to support MJ. No one wants to partner ZB any more.

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zheng Bo has been a partner for Gao Ling for quite some time, didn't he?He was a good partner, once.
    When it comes about chemistry, Zheng Bo might had some problem with Ma jin.
    Don't pick on him.

    And i'd like to hear Zheng Bo speak out, too.Make it fair, folks.

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    hongkong
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i was there and saw the match in person. A few points:

    1) Zheng Bo is known to lose his temper anyway, so I doubt anyone really wants to partner with him.
    2) Ma Jin must have been either very nervous or was just not thinking straight (i'd go for the former). I lost count the number of times she could have killed the birdie at the net, but instead, chose to tentatively tap it back over.
    3) Given the number of times MJ failed to seize the aforementioned opportunities, you can see why ZB got frustrated. In fact, I was getting frustrated. The guy was setting up opportunities for MJ time and time again, and MJ was too scared to take them. MJ was more concerned with getting it back over the net cos she was too scared she would net her shots.
    4) Even so, ZB should not have behaved the way he did as his partner is new and inexperienced
    5) Hard to say how good MJ is, because it may be that nerves simply got the better of her in the SF. Her smashes were relatively weak, and during the match I was inclined to think she is physically a rather weak player overall - compared to the likes of the CHN WD players. That's just in terms of her attack. However, I didn't watch her QF, but to beat the Olympic Champs is no mean feat and I hear MJ's defence is what led CHN to the victory.
    6) The Korean pair were solid, particularly the female member. ZB's smashes did not pose too many problems simply because that girl's defence was an absolute brickwall - I'm very impressed by her.

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe ZB partner with Z TingTing too, and that didn't work either. Before that, his MD with Sang Yang also had some problem. His day is numbered.

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I believe ZB partner with Z TingTing too, and that didn't work either. Before that, his MD with Sang Yang also had some problem. His day is numbered.
    No No No. His day is not numbered yet. One more to try. My dream XD pair. ZB + Du Jing !!!!!! They will be the ultimate XD with ZB playing front and DJ back. No one can touch them. At worst, I get to see DJ jump ZB when he yell at hi.......err.....her. I wish CHN will bring out my dream pair.

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadFever View Post
    No No No. His day is not numbered yet. One more to try. My dream XD pair. ZB + Du Jing !!!!!! They will be the ultimate XD with ZB playing front and DJ back. No one can touch them. At worst, I get to see DJ jump ZB when he yell at hi.......err.....her. I wish CHN will bring out my dream pair.
    ZB + DJ .... then will become Men's Double arrrrrr

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zheng Bo is so dumb... Ma Jin is so hot, and if I were in ZB's position, I would prefer to work with her to help her improve and continue to work as a pair... just imagine how much better it is to work with a beautiful girl instead of one that is not. If anyone has any doubt about it, just ask Flandy Limpele... he will tell you all about it.

    Technically, Ma Jin is not YET as good as the likes of Gao Ling, and etc... but that takes time and experience. The point of having Zheng Bo as her partner is so Zheng Bo can help her along the way... not like Ma Jin will help Zheng Bo to become world champion when she is still "fresh" in the international circuit.
    Last edited by bananakid; 03-08-2009 at 10:51 PM.

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, GL scolded ZB bf, but with her smiling face. And of course, GL was senior, so ZB had to follow her lead. She did mention before in interviews that she shouldnt be telling ZB what to do all the time.
    Looks like Zb having a hard adjusting his role with his new inexperienced partner.

    In any case, it's a tall order for any gal replacing GL to fill GL's shoes.
    haha... I think MJ has pressure to replace GL in this partnership and ZB expects MJ to do what GL does n he get frustrated when MJ didnt meet his expectation... Things will be a little easier for ZB if GL is there... lets give this parnership some time to readjust themselves. afterall, they did showed some good result in the last few tourney, beating some top pairs...
    and yea, i would like to see the combination of ZB and DJ... Must be funny..

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, ZB did the wrong thing, but ZB is not god, and I think we need to give him a break.

    Just put any one of us into ZB's shoes, in the AE semi, against relatively no-name players, almost got the ticket to final, but your inexperienced partner makes mistakes one after another... True, if using god standard, we should smile, tap partner on the shoulder, carry her to the victory. However, with maybe once in a life time chance going pass by like this, I wonder how many of us can really be "cool".

    I am not here defend ZB, and encourage him to screaming at his partner. All I am trying to say, is ZB himself, is part of the victim. He lost the match, lost his cool, and lost the heart from the fans and coach. There's no need for us to further peel off the scare, and kick him to the hell. I agree ZB should be given some lecture from the coach, but saying he should be booted out of the team just for that, I do not really agree. In 1 week, ZB with a junior player, got 1 silver medal and 1 SF appearance in AE should be quite impressive. Overall, I think he's done with his job, never to mention they did manage to beat LYD twice.

    ZB has temper, and he did the very wrong thing at the very wrong time. However, I seriously believe a good percentage of us will do the same, or even worse, when we face the same situation...

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Zheng Bo is so dumb... Ma Jin is so hot, and if I were in ZB's position, I would prefer to work with her to help her improve and continue to work as a pair... just imagine how much better it is to work with a beautiful girl instead of one that is not. If anyone has any doubt about it, just ask Flandy Limpele... he will tell you all about it.

    Technically, Ma Jin is not YET as good as the likes of Gao Ling, and etc... but that takes time and experience. The point of having Zheng Bo as her partner is so Zheng Bo can help her along the way... not like Ma Jin will help Zheng Bo to become world champion when she is still "fresh" in the international circuit.
    question to ask first is ZB married already?

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Ok, ZB did the wrong thing, but ZB is not god, and I think we need to give him a break.

    Just put any one of us into ZB's shoes, in the AE semi, against relatively no-name players, almost got the ticket to final, but your inexperienced partner makes mistakes one after another... True, if using god standard, we should smile, tap partner on the shoulder, carry her to the victory. However, with maybe once in a life time chance going pass by like this, I wonder how many of us can really be "cool".

    I am not here defend ZB, and encourage him to screaming at his partner. All I am trying to say, is ZB himself, is part of the victim. He lost the match, lost his cool, and lost the heart from the fans and coach. There's no need for us to further peel off the scare, and kick him to the hell. I agree ZB should be given some lecture from the coach, but saying he should be booted out of the team just for that, I do not really agree. In 1 week, ZB with a junior player, got 1 silver medal and 1 SF appearance in AE should be quite impressive. Overall, I think he's done with his job, never to mention they did manage to beat LYD twice.

    ZB has temper, and he did the very wrong thing at the very wrong time. However, I seriously believe a good percentage of us will do the same, or even worse, when we face the same situation...
    Given the situation he was in, don't you think he would have embraced it by being a little more attentive to his behaviour? Instead, he fell apart and started acting like an inexperienced schoolboy. He is a senior member of the CHN team and was given the leadership role in this partnership with Ma Jin. Yes I expect him to at least make it comfortable for his partner so that she can play without having to worry about making mistakes (which was further compounded due to ZJ's surliness). A little "let's go" or an encouraging tap here there could have gone a long way to changing the complexion of the match. Unfortunately he was found wanting this time round.

    It may be a little early to throw him under the bus but his history with numerous partners raises a red flag. Perhaps he needs to assume the junior role in a partnership to be most effective.

  15. #83
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    true, he was like a kid from primary school, zero EQ basically.

    also a pic of MJ


  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's "God" standard? Com'on! That's "normal" standard for every mature man (definition: man who concentrates on his goals, not his ego). Did PJB do anything like this in 1996 OG Final when RKM kept making mistakes? Their opponent, KDM, was a "relatively no-name player" at that time; Did Trikush do anything like this in 2000 OG Final when Minarty was almost a burden instead of a helper? Their opponent ZJ/GL were "relatively no-name" at that time... Such a list of "gods" can go longer and longer. These are OG gold medal matches, much much more important than AE semifinal.

    Don't forget the "relatively no-name" Korean pair beat the Thai No. 1 and European No.1 very convincingly before meeting ZB/MJ. Furthermore, as MJ is also "relatively no-name", why should ZB assume that they should win easily in the first place?

    Finally, ZB didn't do that well either. If he was clearly superior to the Korean boy then his frustration may have some ground, but that's not the case. ZB's "as long as your shots are not perfect, it's always your fault" attitude is not only irresponsible, but also unwise (The Korean pair didn't do well after the mid-game break in the 3rd game, if ZB concentrated on the match instead of his temper, there was big chance that they could catch up or even won).

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Ok, ZB did the wrong thing, but ZB is not god, and I think we need to give him a break.

    Just put any one of us into ZB's shoes, in the AE semi, against relatively no-name players, almost got the ticket to final, but your inexperienced partner makes mistakes one after another... True, if using god standard, we should smile, tap partner on the shoulder, carry her to the victory. However, with maybe once in a life time chance going pass by like this, I wonder how many of us can really be "cool".

    I am not here defend ZB, and encourage him to screaming at his partner. All I am trying to say, is ZB himself, is part of the victim. He lost the match, lost his cool, and lost the heart from the fans and coach. There's no need for us to further peel off the scare, and kick him to the hell. I agree ZB should be given some lecture from the coach, but saying he should be booted out of the team just for that, I do not really agree. In 1 week, ZB with a junior player, got 1 silver medal and 1 SF appearance in AE should be quite impressive. Overall, I think he's done with his job, never to mention they did manage to beat LYD twice.

    ZB has temper, and he did the very wrong thing at the very wrong time. However, I seriously believe a good percentage of us will do the same, or even worse, when we face the same situation...
    Last edited by ye333; 03-09-2009 at 12:34 PM.

  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, OK, my name is LB, not LYB or ZB...

    People please remember that even though ZB is a veteran, but he's only 20's, and with CHN team's structure (kids got into sports school at age of 3 to 5), it's very understandable why some of them can be childish in a way or two, even after they become famous.

    Of course, i am not here to say ZB's action is right, just as I stated in my 1st post. And please, ZB is no where near PJB or KDM, and I am sure he will never be a hall of fame as the one we listed above. Therefore, compare to the legend (god), ZB is a very immature kid.

    It's very easy for us to say here and there, when all we need to do is to drink beer, jump up and down in front of TV, and do not have to worry about our career. ZB is fighting for his life, his job, his career, and I am sure a final appearance in AE (regardless he won that before or not) does not come very often for anyone. He was clearly upset.

    Again, I am not saying ZB did everything right. All I am saying is, after all the flames, we should give ZB a break. Yes, he hurts MJ's feeling. However, put any of us (not a list of all time greats) into ZB's shoes at the moment, any of us can do a much better job??? I have to admit I might not be any better, either.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 03-09-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can we have sub-badminton brand forums?
    By johnnxiv in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
  2. Chinese badminton team celebrate Chinese new Year
    By ThePlayer in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 37
    : 02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
  3. Zheng Hua CC 20 Oct 07
    By hooch in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 10-18-2007, 11:32 PM
  4. Chinese badminton forums
    By other in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 08-21-2005, 01:14 PM
  5. 2005sudirman in BeiYu's badminton Forums
    By BeiYu in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 4
    : 08-07-2005, 04:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •