User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 133
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You make some valid points. My comments are in your post.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Ok, OK, my name is LB, not LYB or ZB...

    People please remember that even though ZB is a veteran, but he's only 20's, and with CHN team's structure (kids got into sports school at age of 3 to 5), it's very understandable why some of them can be childish in a way or two, even after they become famous.

    Very similar scenario with the NHL. The majority of them do not have post secondary education and are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

    Of course, i am not here to say ZB's action is right, just as I stated in my 1st post. And please, ZB is no where near PJB or KDM, and I am sure he will never be a hall of fame as the one we listed above. Therefore, compare to the legend (god), ZB is a very immature kid.

    It's very easy for us to say here and there, when all we need to do is to drink beer, jump up and down in front of TV, and do not have to worry about our career. ZB is fighting for his life, his job, his career, and I am sure a final appearance in AE (regardless he won that before or not) does not come very often for anyone. He was clearly upset.

    You over-dramatize this. ZB has been trained to deal with these situations. He's played and won in these conditions before. He should be able to use this experience to overcome the uphills that faces every player during a match. Sorry, being upset clearly does not excuse him.

    Again, I am not saying ZB did everything right. All I am saying is, after all the flames, we should give ZB a break. Yes, he hurts MJ's feeling. However, put any of us (not a list of all time greats) into ZB's shoes at the moment, any of us can do a much better job??? I have to admit I might not be any better, either.

    What's more important is what type of break CHN management gives him. When all the dust has settled, I bet we'll see him trundle out to the court again with MJ. This time though, the leash will be much shorter.

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    What's more important is what type of break CHN management gives him. When all the dust has settled, I bet we'll see him trundle out to the court again with MJ. This time though, the leash will be much shorter.
    i didn't know u r into those things

  3. #88
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,029
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This week SO, MJ still has to pair with ZB. I don't think so this pair could go so far in SO MJ started to fear of ZB

  4. #89
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    This week SO, MJ still has to pair with ZB. I don't think so this pair could go so far in SO MJ started to fear of ZB
    MJ will scare ZB like he's going to eat her up like a hungry tiger

  5. #90
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i wonder why DU JING doesnt play xd?

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    This week SO, MJ still has to pair with ZB. I don't think so this pair could go so far in SO MJ started to fear of ZB
    I hope you are wrong. There is still LYB that can assure her that the little kitten named ZB is now tamed. MJ style require a strong smasher to back her. FHF is a good choice.

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    In all due respect, Ma Jin's skills is quite appalling.
    I agree!!

    Her net shots weren't tight enough, she wasn't pouncing at those loose net returns but instead putting a lot of shots into the net. There was at least 2 occasions she moved away from her position prematurely leaving a gaping hole that the Koreans converted. .

    Essentially, she wasn't doing her job well from the very beginning. I do not think the Koreans feel threatened at the net at all. How did she make CHN national?

    On-topic: ZB should still be reprimanded for his behaviour but MJ is not totally blame-free.

  8. #93
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    ..........

    Again, I am not saying ZB did everything right. All I am saying is, after all the flames, we should give ZB a break. Yes, he hurts MJ's feeling. However, put any of us (not a list of all time greats) into ZB's shoes at the moment, any of us can do a much better job??? I have to admit I might not be any better, either.
    Well........there was another player, MD dept, who was reprimanded in public by his coach & in this forum cos he scolded his MD partner/showed angry looks. Worse things were said abt this player.

    Therefore, dont expect the members let ZB off the hook. You have said put ourselves in ZB's shoes, there are those who would not do such a thing in public, even provoked. So, for them such behaviour is unacceptable cos they themselves would not do it.

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Therefore, dont expect the members let ZB off the hook. You have said put ourselves in ZB's shoes, there are those who would not do such a thing in public, even provoked. So, for them such behaviour is unacceptable cos they themselves would not do it.
    Since 99.9999% of us may never be in his situation (AE SF stage), I won't call it's fair to say "none of us will do it", just because we can never even qualified to be in the situation.

    Let me put this way. If losing $10, most of us can be real calm, joke a bit, and that's just another day. If losing $10 billion in stock market, we might wonder why the mult. billionaires wants to jump out of the building. Many of us might say, "man, not worth it, I won't do it..." Simply because we will never get a chance to be in the situation to begin with.

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    You over-dramatize this. ZB has been trained to deal with these situations. He's played and won in these conditions before. He should be able to use this experience to overcome the uphills that faces every player during a match. Sorry, being upset clearly does not excuse him.

    I won't use "was trained" as an excuses to say we can do whatever to punished a player.

    Great athletes like MJ or Kobe can be ejected due to harsh foul or even shoving mataches. Gentleman like Wayne Gretzkey can drop his gloves and get into a fight in hockey ring. Future baseball hall of fames can jump into a pile, and start a bloody brawl during an intensive match. "Golden boy" M. Phleps can dope...

    You tell me the above greats and hall of fames never got educated about "not to fight, not to dope, not to hurt others"??? Compare to them, ZB at least did not smash the racket on MJ's head (sorry, bad joke). So, if we still select the greats into hall of fame, even though they been ejected from a game, been suspended, been fined, or even trialed in courts, then why ZB can not get a break, simply because he was "trained"...

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    I agree!!

    Her net shots weren't tight enough, she wasn't pouncing at those loose net returns but instead putting a lot of shots into the net. There was at least 2 occasions she moved away from her position prematurely leaving a gaping hole that the Koreans converted. .

    Essentially, she wasn't doing her job well from the very beginning. I do not think the Koreans feel threatened at the net at all. How did she make CHN national?

    On-topic: ZB should still be reprimanded for his behaviour but MJ is not totally blame-free.
    noted. I think MJ knows that and weeped after the match, not because of ZB scolding. However, as a jr and first time in a big event like the AE, it is understandable. It revealed the 'tender' side of the china team, and china team willingness to field or risk younger players to the battelfield as well.

  12. #97
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    noted. I think MJ knows that and weeped after the match, not because of ZB scolding. However, as a jr and first time in a big event like the AE, it is understandable. It revealed the 'tender' side of the china team, and china team willingness to field or risk younger players to the battelfield as well.
    You must be joking!
    China never takes risks - neither in sport nor in anything else.

    If a player were assessed to have even a slightly better winning probability, China would necessarily field that player.

    Those who take risks and end up losing get severely punished.
    And, mark this, such bullishness is not restricted to sport

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    You must be joking!
    China never takes risks - neither in sport nor in anything else.

    If a player were assessed to have even a slightly better winning probability, China would necessarily field that player.

    Those who take risks and end up losing get severely punished.
    And, mark this, such bullishness is not restricted to sport
    well, we have to see about this later on. MJ definitely not at par with Yawen or Ting Ting when they were rookies. Yes, my comment did infer china almost never takes risk but after watching MJ's performance, it makes me wonder if the china's double coach took risk this time or made a blunder of fielding a somewhat green MJ to the battlefield. I think china knows 2012 is coming, and there's no better time to screen out young talents than now, right after 08 Olympic. You also have to open to the idea that LYB's is also fielding out new coaches too and would let them have more freedom on team preparation since this is a low risk period, a whole 3.5 years before 2012 OG.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-10-2009 at 11:40 AM.

  14. #99
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    What beats me is why Du Jing wasn't roped in to partner Zheng Bo.
    In every aspect, she would surely run circles around Ma Jin

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    What beats me is why Du Jing wasn't roped in to partner Zheng Bo.
    In every aspect, she would surely run circles around Ma Jin
    my thots are, china has the luxury and time to experiment

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DJ + ZB will be the XD killer. they can probably match TBH/KKK joking. but DJ has got OG gold, no pressure any more, she should be selected to partner someone (ZB or FHF)

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    I won't use "was trained" as an excuses to say we can do whatever to punished a player.

    Great athletes like MJ or Kobe can be ejected due to harsh foul or even shoving mataches. Gentleman like Wayne Gretzkey can drop his gloves and get into a fight in hockey ring. Future baseball hall of fames can jump into a pile, and start a bloody brawl during an intensive match. "Golden boy" M. Phleps can dope...

    You tell me the above greats and hall of fames never got educated about "not to fight, not to dope, not to hurt others"??? Compare to them, ZB at least did not smash the racket on MJ's head (sorry, bad joke). So, if we still select the greats into hall of fame, even though they been ejected from a game, been suspended, been fined, or even trialed in courts, then why ZB can not get a break, simply because he was "trained"...
    The punishment for each example is determined by their respective governing bodies. Each have a structure set up to deal with them. The so called crime in each case that you have cited is one that brings the sport into disrepute. Also each example (except the Phelps one because it's an individual sport) has your hall of fame big shot fighting against an opponent. ZB took out his frustration on his own partner. Nothing beats that!

    The ZB case is not one that brings the sport into disrepute. It is an internal team matter. In his case he was given the responsibility as a senior to guide his team (albeit only a team of 2) to a win. Firstly, note that if ZB/MJ had lost but had done so fair and square, the CHN coaching staff would have had one less problem to correct. But because ZB had his infantile meltdown, more problems are created. CHN management has given him many chances to right this petulant behaviour so they have every right to reprimand him for his actions. They would be remiss not to do so.

    You can keep poor, little, innocent ZB and his attitude. Given the opportunities that have been afforded to him, I'd never have someone like him like that on my team. When you sell out the team in the way he did, he deserves to be taken to task.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can we have sub-badminton brand forums?
    By johnnxiv in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
  2. Chinese badminton team celebrate Chinese new Year
    By ThePlayer in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 37
    : 02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
  3. Zheng Hua CC 20 Oct 07
    By hooch in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 10-18-2007, 11:32 PM
  4. Chinese badminton forums
    By other in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 08-21-2005, 01:14 PM
  5. 2005sudirman in BeiYu's badminton Forums
    By BeiYu in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 4
    : 08-07-2005, 04:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •