User Tag List

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 384
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How to beat Lin Dan? Advice to Lee CW

    Everyone wants to beat Lindan, but only 2 of them have been successed.

    Bao CL has been trying that for 10+ years, actually Bao did pretty good, he did upset Lin Dan to steal the the world youth championship although Bao had never been better than Lin dan. But all people think now Bao was better than Lin Dan when they were teenagers, because people just live in that one snapshot. People don't care Lin dan actually beat Bao CL all the other time when they were juniors.

    Taufik was another succesfful example, his performance was never comparable to Lin Dan. But he managed to steal the OG and WC. Then he became the player who can win whenever he wants to.

    Therefore for Lee CW, the best strategy is not to fight seriously with Lin Dan at each tournament, he should learn from Bao CL and Taufik, not even want to win those matches. Just try to steal a title at OG or WC, (those smaller scaled tournaments are much easier to steal a victory), then make a snapshot, let the whole history frozen at that point, then he will become another player of winning as long as he wants to.

    For Chen Jin, it's clear that his strategy is to wait Lindan's retirement. That's practical for him, but not fit for Lee CW.
    Last edited by 2cents; 03-09-2009 at 08:53 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Although i am lin dan fan, but i know there is a way to beat lin dan. That is play like Lee Hyun-il, the game Lee play lin dan in the korea open last year. It is to play a very patience game, and to slow down Lin dan's game. i think that's the only way !

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW could join Chinese winter camp for 3 months

    Well right now, LD only has himself to beat, meaning only a poor outing from LD could jeopardize his game. I did see LCW's attack on LD's right court works once a while but that doesn't last very long.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,129
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Although i am lin dan fan, but i know there is a way to beat lin dan. That is play like Lee Hyun-il, the game Lee play lin dan in the korea open last year. It is to play a very patience game, and to slow down Lin dan's game. i think that's the only way !
    you are probably right. Lee HI was good at that, he played so slow that made Lin Dan fell sleep, then he stole the match from Lindan's dream.

    Even Lindan lost once or two to Lee HI, but Lindan was always the gay controling the match.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ask Li mao to return as Malaysia head coach teach lee chong wei to fustrate Lin dan like what happened at last year korea's open !

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only weakness I can see with Lin Dan is when he is forced to use his backhand, as he much prefers overhead. The reason he can get away with overhead forehands is because he move so quickly, so some serious trickery would be necessary to pull Lin Dan completely out of position.

  7. #7
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,531
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    you are probably right. Lee HI was good at that, he played so slow that made Lin Dan fell sleep, then he stole the match from Lindan's dream.

    Even Lindan lost once or two to Lee HI, but Lindan was always the gay controling the match.
    hahahahaha.....

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "you are probably right. Lee HI was good at that, he played so slow that made Lin Dan fell sleep, then he stole the match from Lindan's dream."

    I think this is even funnier!

    ..maybe I can continue like this: "He did not only fell asleep and lost the game, but had nightmares. In them he fight with his racket by throwing it against big bear li mao! "

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i've not seen a player who could consistently beat LD.
    i don't think there are many, if any, players out there who have played more than 5 matches against him and have a better head-to-head record, at least not since 2004 when he really upped his game.
    there's no denying he's at a different level at the moment, who knows how many more titles he would have won had he not been asked to concede to his teammates for qualification points.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    i've not seen a player who could consistently beat LD.
    i don't think there are many, if any, players out there who have played more than 5 matches against him and have a better head-to-head record, at least not since 2004 when he really upped his game.
    there's no denying he's at a different level at the moment, who knows how many more titles he would have won had he not been asked to concede to his teammates for qualification points.
    agree, could have been 5 AE champions in a row.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    The only weakness I can see with Lin Dan is when he is forced to use his backhand, as he much prefers overhead. The reason he can get away with overhead forehands is because he move so quickly, so some serious trickery would be necessary to pull Lin Dan completely out of position.
    that tactic applies to all MS playing regardless who's playing. Easy said than done.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    hahahahaha.....
    don't laugh, i think it has merit. When LD become complacent, whether because he feel he know his opponent well enough and/or stretch the match to entertain the crowd, LD could fall into LHI's trap of doldrum playing style. Look at 2007 KO, LD practically owned LHI in the first set, then LD slow down or let himself play to LHI's pace, LD then got trapped and force to play the rubber. Then of course we all know what happened in the rubber There is one positive aspect no one know that came out of that tho...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    that tactic applies to all MS playing regardless who's playing. Easy said than done.
    Not true. Lin Dan relies on his forehand at the backcourt a lot more than most other players.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ? ?The Moon? ?
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it would be attack more.

    I think that is the only way , LCW was trying this but he did do a lot of unforced lifts.

    LD is an attacking machine , and can jumpsmash at the back of the court and then in 2 seconds be at the front for a net kill :O

    I think the way for LCW is to be less defensive , and beat LD at the net.

    Like Andrew Smith vs Taufik > I think AS new he wasn't going to do well , so he attacked much more than normal , and was beating Taufik at the net. But then Taufik started taking the match seriously and won :-(

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    Not true. Lin Dan relies on his forehand at the backcourt a lot more than most other players.
    it's ok, i understand u r still under training....

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Great rebuttal.
    Last edited by Destricto_Ense; 03-09-2009 at 11:47 AM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    hahahahaha.....
    You picked it up too, huh?

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to beat Lin Dan?
    By pBmMalaysia in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 241
    : 02-10-2011, 11:31 AM
  2. Why LYD/LHJ still can't beat ZB/MJ?
    By suetyan in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009
    Replies: 22
    : 03-22-2009, 04:24 AM
  3. who can beat lin dan ?
    By belfastnole in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 25
    : 04-16-2004, 03:53 PM
  4. GZC beat CM
    By marshall in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 01-04-2001, 09:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •