does high end strings go well with intermediate level racquets??

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by anandalphonse, Mar 7, 2009.

1. anandalphonse

anandalphonse Regular Member

Engineer
    I'm a bit confused over here requesting ur openion in this....

My bro has a yonex cab 8000Lt racket ....after a month of play he decided to get rid of factory strings....When we took it local stringer to get it stringed with BG 68Ti/ BG 70 pro, he said that since it is low end rcquet, above said strings wiil not suit d rackquet ... the frame cannot take those strings at no more than 23-24 lbs....is that true...?actually we wanted to get it stringed at 22x24 lbs.... According to him it was better to go with BG65..!!!

Now my self has a Cab 20 sp....i am now using BG65...I personally dont like it at all!!...I want to go for string with hard feeling and good replusion....I play 3 hrs daily ....till now my BG 65 is durible (its a month old now)...I need at least i month of duriblity..! Can my cab 20 take any of above said string at 24x26 lbs??(recomended string tension on racquet is 22lbs though..)One more problem is that my cab 20 was a bit more 'egg' shaped than normal other racquets(it used to be 671 mm long initally)(cab 8000Lt is more symmetric in its shape !)..but after stringing, its shape is more ovel than its old form(compairable to cab 8000Lt, which is 664 mm)...is this shape change normal?or should i stop string from that stringer...??

2. truasianfx

truasianfx Regular Member

none
    You can use any string you want on any racket. I use bg80 and it feels great. Whats important is how high of a tension ur racket can hold. 26lb should be fine because thats what i stringed my racket at. Some people get it at 30lb. Stringers typically don't want to string at high tensions because they're afraid they'll break ur racket and don't want to take responsiblity. Hope this helps.

3. anandalphonse

anandalphonse Regular Member

Engineer
    @ truasianfx

thanks 4 the reply ...I'm assuming that u r also using A cab 20 sp...rite?
    if so , is it normal for cab 20 to change its shape when strung at 24x24 lbs(thats what the stringer told me !!)....now its shape is perfectly oval...not the initial 'egg' shape !!!I kinda liked its 'egg' shape....!!:D

4. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    you're supposed to go 10% higher on the cross tomaintain shape~ 24x26.4 would be a better choice

5. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    i have a CAB 21 SP & now it's on BG85 at 23lbs. the stock BG66 loosen up really fast.