User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 32 of 32
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    france
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly, no need to buy an high-end racquet, I've got a mid-end racquet and also an AT 700 and I always play with my mid-end racquet, for it is much more tolerant. I bought an AT 700 just for my pleasure, I know that I don't have the skill to play with yet, so I stick with my booster force, which is a very good racquet for its price range.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I think the biggest problem for him is that theres not many SOTX or Apac rackets in the US. Most rackets there are Yonex, Head and HiQua

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have been using the AT 700 for 3 months now (my very first Yonex) and it took me almost that time to get used to the racket.

    AT 700 is really hard to use, people always try to find the racket that suit them but I am doing the other way round : trying to fit myself into the AT 700 and I think it is paying off.

    I've noticed that the AT 700 is very vulnerable to damages, I hardly clashes my racket with others but after 3 months, I see a lot of scratches on the frame (I think as a result of colliding with the shuttles). I never had those problem with my other cheaper racket (Victor), after 3 years my Victor racket looks almost new !

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    La Jolla/San Lorenzo
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would recommend getting a Victor or SOTX racket. They both have fairly good quality rackets that are comparable to Yonex.

    Or if you do insist on a Yonex racket, a CAB 30MS is a good racket that is not too expensive.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nano 900 power white will be lighter than sotx w8.

    all apacs nano 900 powers are around 4U really light. w8 is always a good choice as it is very balanced and very maneuverable.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I myself as an established badminton coach personally suggest you should not buy armortec 700. The racquet is extra stiff and is normally recommended only for advanced or professional players. This is because the racquet is crafted meant for impact smashes. Unless you are confidently assured that you have what it takes to use this high end racquet, do not go for it.

  7. #24
    Regular Member ryim_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, China
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1and1giv2 View Post
    I myself as an established badminton coach personally suggest you should not buy armortec 700. The racquet is extra stiff and is normally recommended only for advanced or professional players. This is because the racquet is crafted meant for impact smashes. Unless you are confidently assured that you have what it takes to use this high end racquet, do not go for it.
    a lot of high end rackets are noted as "extra stiff" so does that mean that 99.99% non professional players shouldn't be using them?

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    a lot of high end rackets are noted as "extra stiff" so does that mean that 99.99% non professional players shouldn't be using them?
    I would say not entirely all of the high end racquets are extra stiff. But the utmost truth is that AT700 is extremely heavy headed, and would require more reaction time as compared to many other racquets. And yes, perhaps i would say it this way, non professional players unless categorised under the advanced player should not go for racquets of like to AT700. If they really do wish to, then happy geting adapted to that racquet (probably takes few months which varies according to player's capability) Hope this helps.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find it quite true about what you've said and I'm actually trying to adapt myself to the racket. But I dont know whether it is good or not : trying to adapt yourself to the professional way. The racket is so stiff that after every smash I can barely hold the racket tight, and I am feeling my lower arm hurt , of course it's getting better with time and I hope I can eventually master the racket

    I've tried the new yonex arcsaber 10 for a little while and I think it is much more suitable for beginner (if you really want a high end yonex racket).

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nltung View Post
    I find it quite true about what you've said and I'm actually trying to adapt myself to the racket. But I dont know whether it is good or not : trying to adapt yourself to the professional way. The racket is so stiff that after every smash I can barely hold the racket tight, and I am feeling my lower arm hurt , of course it's getting better with time and I hope I can eventually master the racket

    I've tried the new yonex arcsaber 10 for a little while and I think it is much more suitable for beginner (if you really want a high end yonex racket).
    Arc saber 10 is an all-rounded racquet, even for doubles it is suitable! Money for worth racquet eh? Haha.

  11. #28
    Regular Member issarakaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Polluted City no 3
    Posts
    497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^
    money for worth racket is absolutely not YY Only Ti-10 is best for price/performance ratio, others is only good and some of them is superb for play but too pricey

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    ^
    money for worth racket is absolutely not YY Only Ti-10 is best for price/performance ratio, others is only good and some of them is superb for play but too pricey
    Yes, well said......!!
    Agree with the statement entirely.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much would the Ti-10, W8 be if i did some shopping?

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey apac rackets like me =]

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i recommend the Muscle power 99
    try to find a real challaneg
    if you keep playing with weak people then you will never get any progress

    since you are a beginner i wouldent go up for armourtec just yet since ur a high beginner
    Muscle power is like for smashing kind of balanced players
    like me :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. a break.......
    By lora-china in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 04-05-2012, 06:51 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    : 11-28-2010, 01:41 AM
  3. FS, GTA: AT700(LTD), AT700(1STGEN), MP100, Mysterious Black Racket
    By blindfury in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 13
    : 10-15-2009, 07:35 AM
  4. Withdrawing paypal money to bank(US)
    By mistahpho in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 11
    : 07-19-2007, 11:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •