Ti-10 Taiwanese made and Japan made?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Nick, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    I was at a shopping complex in KL today and there was a badminton shop that said in Pertama they sold Ti-10 that were made in Taiwan which prices were around 320 -350 hence the large bargaining points from 539 to the low 300's and the Ti-10's that are made in Japan were 540 rm range. Is there any validity to this? Thanks in Advance.

Nick

2. ivan

ivan Regular Member

Student
    Hi Nick:
    I can't really answer your question but there is a good reference which might be able to help you a little bit about TW racquets. Mainly, the problem for Taiwan (TW) is that they can't import high quality materials such as graphite, carbon, H.M graphite and titanium. Although they are capable of making high quality racquets technical-wise, the material comes in and play as a big boss. Thus, price will be cheaper then normal. The large bargaining points might be reasonable if the shop got a lot of stock of them TW racquets and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Remember, I am not saying TW racquets are bad, they just cheaper in the way of material and I personally have 3 of TW made racquets which are excellent performance-wise.