Lose weight? Help

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by kvndai, Mar 8, 2009.

1. kvndai

kvndai New Member

I've been playing badminton for 4 years now and seem to improve slightly each year. However, I believe what is really holding back my potential is my weight.

I am 6'1 230lbs.

I can move swiftly on the court but my stamina is a big problem. At school we are currently doing conditioning and that is helping alot, but I was wondering if there is anything extra (like a routine) that i can do extra to lose weight faster.

THanks

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro, u run 3 times a week , it will improve your fitness!

3. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    if u want to lose weight fast and effectively. google.com search for calorie counting.

work out your daily intake of calories to maintain your current weight.
    reduce your calorie intake by 200-300 calories perday and start excersising!!!!
    run 2 k's 4 times a week and youl drop the weight like there is no tomorow.

dieting is the most effective way to gain weightloss.

4. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    Well you can:

#1: Start with 1 mile and gradually increase the load to around 2.5 miles twice per week (this isn't actually a very big load, but it's good for starters). You'll gradually develop a large reserve of stamina and also some mental endurance as well. Running with someone (who usually runs) will help your motivation to run. (and also helps you set a good pace)

#2: If you want something that is more restricted to a court, do footwork. Before you do this though, have someone show you the proper footwork first before you start if you don't know already. Anyways, move to each corner and side (6 points on the court). Continuously move around the court in a counterclockwise or clockwise fashion for about 1 min (at a decent pace, don't go too fast or slow; you want to have a good rhythm) then take a 15 second break in between. Each min. of exercise is 1 set and do 5 sets of those at the beginning. Gradually increase it as you get used to them.

Either of those will probably help with your exercise portion of losing weight. Eating right also will help this process as well. It's not eating less but eating right. Calorie counting will also work, but it's more work cut out for you, but more effective if you are up to it.

5. GoldenRacket

GoldenRacket New Member

Student
    Oh god! Im 5'9 and weighted 98.4 kgs (2 months ago;around 220 lbs) lol so youre nothing compared to me :D I agree with all that they said above, no im 89 kgs in 2 months. Dont overexercise or else you'll start binge eating the next day, happened to me once

:D Golden :D