What is still lacking in LCW?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Mar 8, 2009.

1. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Beside disappointed.. I really want to know what is lagging inside LCW? He is good.. yes he is. But then.. y he still can't win? Or perhaps someone can tell me what is inside in LD that causes him unbeatable ?

2. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    maybe a lack of good sparring partners?

too many defensive drills may cause him to play too defensively.

3. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    there is a rule in sports that just called - "uncomfortable rival", don't know what this is in native language. I think it's a problem of LCW

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm....not acurate when executing the final shoot...just too wanted to win tat rally...and end up with an error...and...lcw is not as clever as lindan...on court...in term of changing tactic....cant analysis what should he do and what he shouldnt do after rally...:)

5. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Fully agreed...Should not only depend on Misbun's tactic. Must adopt to changes fast enough..

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW is not lagging and LD is not unbeatable.
    LD has the advantage because he has a dream draw which means he is much,much fresher than LCW.He has a qualifier for R1,training match with teammate in R2,non-opponent for QF(who only got 9 points from LCW in SPO08;LD's more generous to JP,giving him 10+ points) another training match with teammate in SF.In SF,CHN thought so highly of LCW they dared not take the risk of playing another 10 mins to properly finish the match.CHN obviously believed even LD needed that benefit of being 10 mins fresher to defeat LCW.Maybe not but they were not taking chances.
    EXpect the same scenario in Swiss Open where LD has another dream draw and LCW may have it even tougher to reach the final.Be reasonable in your expectations but hope for the best and you will be less disappointed.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he should sit down...infront of dvd player....replay all the matches tat he have play with lindan...and try to analysis as a 3rd party....:)...hopefully....we will see another lcw vs ld in final...next week....

8. Koi^^

Koi^^ Regular Member

Chef
    Lol @ the dream draw ( wonder if LYB arranged the draw as such behind the scenes) and Fresher theory.

Face it - Lin Dan is better than LCW today. End of story. Lets not get into those silly conspiracy theories again that focuses on hatred on the whole Chinese armada.

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I believe there is a computer software to analyze the badminton game to find out where on court is the weakest spots. and also analyze where to attack is the most efficient to destroy your opponent. I hope all the pros like LCW has benefited from that software.

#9 2cents, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  10. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Many coaches commented that this years is still belong to these 2 man(LD & LCW).. I really hope that LCW can become a real no1.. Perhaps Misbun & him can really find out the root cause..

11. youngman

youngman Regular Member

Product Manager (Core Networks)
    LCW played well. He needs to be more aggresive and avoid giving lifts for the opponents to attack (even though he has to be the world's best when it comes to defensive play). This becomes more important when playing against attacking players (Lin Dan has to be the world's best when it comes to attacking play). Eventually attacking players win the rally (unless caused by unforced errors).

LCW played a marvellous 1st game yesterday against Hidayat. On the attack, and the results were shown. Nevertheless, I'm proud of LCW and wish him all the best for his future tournaments!

12. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Good point.. If we can feed it all into the system.. Then at least my question is answered..

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    kindly point out...where????hatred????where????:eek:

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yes..after LD beat LCW badly at Olympic...LCW lose his confidence while playing against LD.So,before he did something with that (emotional)..it'll be impossible to win against LD

15. volcom

volcom Regular Member

pjswift is definitely filled with extreme hatred of the chinese dominance

16. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

既生瑜,何生亮。

Absolutely agree...

Can any tennis player be better than Nadel just by simply finding out the difference between themself and him? No.

Can any golf player watchs Tiger's DVD and find out the root of his success and become another Tiger Woods or better than him? No.

LCW is LCW, LD is LD, LD is better than LCW, end of story.

LCW could only sign that why on earth there is a LD at this time... like Chinese old proverb, 既生瑜,何生亮。

Even LCW could beat LD once or twice some time this year in ten of their meetings, I think LD could still beat him the rest, just like last year, and demonstrate who is the technically real world no.1 instead of the paper ranking No.1.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    is it????aiya...why i didnt saw fear in lcw eyes????shaky leg???maybe i watch the wrong final...:rolleyes:...

oh ya...tat proverb is created by the writer himself....for ur infomation...;)...

18. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    LCW wasn't aggressive enough these days.....especially when he was fighting against LD.

I dont really understand why LCW wont go for the kill when he clearly had the chance to do it. Instead of playing like modern days single player, LCW played like Misbun, the difference is just that LCW is much fitter than his coach was.

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hey.alfa-2
    It's a return?

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

At least for some strange reason, LD could not play like in OG08.
    But LD's defense was good so what's the point of offense at the expense of energy?
    And LCW's defense was uncharacteristically poor.
    G1 finishing could have been riskier
    On the whole,a creditable performance by LCW. Could be better but he can be proud of it.