Comparable to old Aerotus 110

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Woz2000, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Woz2000

Woz2000 Regular Member

So I've been living under a rock the past 8 years and is finally getting back into Badminton. I need a racket recommendation since everything is so different now.

I used to play with an Aerotus 110 and a Carlton Powerflo GR (which for a mid range racket was very similar to the Aerotus 110 IMO).

I'm an intermediate player, average power, but more of a placement and strategic (doubles) player.

I need a racket. Any old timers remember these rackets and something current that is similar???

2. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I had/still have an aerotus 110 2UG3~ it was a decent racquet for those times. Now there are so many different racquets out there! Unfortunately I've swayed away from the aerotus line and found that I could play much better with either Muscle Power or the Armortec series. If your racquet was as overall heavy as mine, get something head heavy like At700 or At900P. Very different, but other head light racquets have never played well for me after leaving the Aerotus series.

I went: Aerotus 110, Carbonex 23, Carbonex 20 Muscle, Muscle Power 100, NS9000 Type X (HATED THIS ONE), At900P, Carlton Powerblade Superlites. I'm mainly using Mp100's, superlites, and at900p's nowadays.

#2 Optiblue, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Maybe an Arc7 2U or NS9000S 2U?

4. mwong

mwong New Member

yes, I have Aerutus 110 as well and havent played for 6-7 years. Want to get back in the game and looking for newer technology as well.

Is the nanospeed 8000 a similar racket ?? My play profile is similar to the op.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

the issue with those old timer how went on vacation too long is that they remember how good they use to play, not how the racquet really feel. if you have not play for the last 5 or 6 years, just pick up your old racquet, get it restung. get your game back. then decide if you need a new racquet. if you do not have your old racquet, just go to shop and demo a few racquets in your budget range before you buy one.
    best wish.