Results 222 to 238 of 481
05-17-2010, 01:23 AM #222
that shows how much he(lin dan) put in his effort in his training. I would love to watch his training. Sure no word to describe his training if u know what i meant Dead tired is not enough.
05-17-2010, 01:26 AM #223
which event do u guys mean? MS, WS or all five events?
The all england is the oldest badminton tournament and has good history so i will use this as benchmark. If u go all the way back to 1900, england is still the most dominant in history. Do u see englishmen bragging here??
end of story.
05-17-2010, 01:28 AM #224
05-17-2010, 01:49 AM #225
People should stop finding faults with Lin Dan through his attitude. That's sounding like being a sore loser.
Why do I think it sounds sore? Because I used to do that too.
05-17-2010, 02:11 AM #226
Why we lost and what we loss
Many have asked me how come my prediction came true ?
There are major flaws in his game that any player can see aceept Misbun. And he did the same mistakes over and over again, I pity him and if I couldn't write to him personally otherwise I would offer my suggestions , sorry la so BC is the only place I hope someone could highlight to him follwoing points :
I put it simply as :
1. STRATEGY . What LD adopts "smash and tap" approach and LD did that in Olympics and we didn't learn from mistake and suffer the same rpedicatment although to a lesser extend. Hence that why I my prediction came true, its not rocket science, just that I think the coaches either didn't realised or have no clue as to how to counter someone with good anticipation. LCW should not have use his secret weapon for PG match , CHN has video it and watch it 10 times over. Misbun also leak out in the press that he has secret weapon agaisnt LD, and if you are LD's coach you'd like to find out what's the secret is ; so why tell the press in the first place. Pride??
2. ATTACKING GAME . LCW has a very kind/calm personality and not freocious like LD . In modern day play "attacking is the best defence ", stroke play used to be an art during Han Jian/ZHao/Morten/Lim Siew King; times time but modern badminton is about power , techniques, stamina and mind power. Hence when you have a coach like Misbun who plays stroke and defense and never evolves in mindset - its not rocket science why I was right in predicting that LCW's defeat. Basically he is not smashing which is greatest asset. and Misbun is not out there to tell him during that match. I feel sorry for LCW , he has the right element but not a suitable coach for modern day attacking game scenario.
3. SURPRISE ELEMENT . I was waiting for his "special" weapon to be demonstrated and it turned out to be just a cross court net that he use for PG. LD must have video LCW vs PG game and must have analysed it 10-20 times , and its no surprise that the counter attack works.
4. OVERCOME LD . To over come this guy is not easy as he is good in all faculties but LCW is as good as LD in allthese aspect , except ANTICIPATION.
Antidode for ANTICIPATION is SURPRISES , but cross court net is high school stuff and dangerous if opponent reads your game well. Instead LCW should do mix sideline /baseline/ Cross Court half smashes which he is good at (misbun invented it in 90s) and target LD back hand to anticipate poor return or defendesive returns and allowas LCW to attack and mix it with your cross court net , should do the job.
We lost because of the above , what we lost is time becasue LCW is 29 nxt year and to transform him to a power player is agaisnt time unless some drastic measure to chance coaching scheme/technique.
05-17-2010, 03:20 AM #227
In fact i have tons of facts to show that even during recent CHN domination there are many things CHN did not win. Let me know if you want to hear them.
05-17-2010, 03:29 AM #228
05-17-2010, 03:30 AM #229
Look, if there is any fan who think that INA is not the most dominant in the badminton history, please proof me wrong just like did on the fact that in AE English women still hold the record.
Sorry for the off topic (As i mentioned; YES LD is the greatest ever)
05-17-2010, 03:58 AM #230
There is no question that as a player LD has no peers amongst the current crop of players. At best, LCW can beat him every once in a while but LD reigns supreme in terms of being the complete player. He is in the same mold as Yang Yang, the other player who is my favourite. Only Rudy Hartono ranks the same with them.
05-17-2010, 04:10 AM #231
05-17-2010, 04:21 AM #232
While watching the one-sided match I was thinking along the same lines.
If LCW is to beat LD, he has to do several things.
1. Avoid using faked motion (ie. double action) shots all the time. Save it for when he has a time advantage, ie. when the bird is still high enough. By using so-called "deception" shots all the time, all his opponents know how to counter it by waiting and not moving until he hits the shot. By then, the bird would have fallen some height and LCW loses time and angle advantage.
2. Learn to smash more effectively with just the forearm and wrist, just as LD does. It's amazing to see how LD can just do that so well, with the inherent advantage of a shorter wind-up and sharper angle.
3. Be more aggressive. He really has to stop playing so "nice and civil" and play meaner and hungrier for the win. Too often he is just comfortable keeping the rally just going, instead of going for the jugular.
Last edited by visor; 05-17-2010 at 04:28 AM.
05-17-2010, 04:35 AM #233
05-17-2010, 04:39 AM #234
05-17-2010, 04:41 AM #235
05-17-2010, 04:41 AM #236
05-17-2010, 04:42 AM #237
05-17-2010, 11:25 PM #238
most dominance ?
the fight only between CHN n INA to be mentioned..he he he..no malaysian player.sad but its the fact..just waiting for the next harimau hero so that i can fight here too.
By wilfredlgf in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 2: 02-06-2010, 01:48 AM
By taneepak in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 4: 05-12-2008, 05:29 PM
By ants in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 3: 09-07-2007, 04:41 AM
By 2cents in forum Japan Open / China Open 2006Replies: 18: 10-14-2006, 12:30 PM
By seawell in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 24: 11-24-2005, 09:44 PM