User Tag List

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 290 to 306 of 481
  1. #290
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2010-05-...75005824.shtml

    在汤杯决赛第一场击败陶菲克之后,这位印尼昔日的奥运冠军感慨地说,“现在的时代是属于林丹的。”如果能够 在今年的亚运会上夺冠,林丹将实现奥运会、世锦赛、汤尤杯、苏迪曼杯、世界杯以及亚运会的“全满贯”,这样 的功绩可谓是羽毛球运动员的巅峰。不过,林丹并不认为自己是当今羽坛最强的球员,“每个人在职业生涯中都会 有起伏,陶菲克仍然是世界上成绩最好的球手,我还有很多东西需要向他学习。另外,李宗伟等人的实力也都很强 ,我还算不上最好。”
      谈到下一个目标,林丹毫不犹豫地对准了2012年的伦敦,“离伦敦奥运会开始还有不到两年半的时间,在 这段时期之内,我会全身心投入,充分做好备战,争取到时候能够有好的表现。”

    Summary in English:

    After defeat by LD in TC final, TH said, "This is LD's era." If LD will be able to win AG, he would be able to achieve the "Full Grand Slam" (OG, WC, TC, SC and AG), which would be the summit achivement as a badminton player. However, LD does not reckon himself as the best player as of today. He said, " Everyone would have up and downs in a professional career, TH is still the player with the best achievements, I still have a lot to learn from him. Besides, players like LCW are also very strong, I am not yet the best."

    Talking about the next target, LD clearly pointed to OG12 in London. He said, "There is less than 2.5 years to go, within this period, I would do my utmost best to prepare for it in order to achieve good result when it comes."

  2. #291
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    France (Paris)
    Posts
    2,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL if world ends in 2012 it's in december I believe... Then the OG would have been played

  3. #292
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    ...If LD will be able to win AG, he would be able to achieve the "Full Grand Slam" (OG, WC, TC, SC and AG), which would be the summit achivement as a badminton player.
    ...
    the "full grand slam" should include the All England...But then, TH never won it, so he probably thought the AE is no longer considered a "grand slam" event..IMO, the AG is not a "grand slam" event, maybe a "mini slam" event..Same thing also with the T&UC and SC as they are team events and team events rely on other players' performance..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-02-2010 at 08:20 AM.

  4. #293
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2010-05-...75005824.shtml

    在汤杯决赛第一场击败陶菲克之后,这位印尼昔日的奥运冠军感慨地说,“现在的时代是属于林丹的。”如果能够 在今年的亚运会上夺冠,林丹将实现奥运会、世锦赛、汤尤杯、苏迪曼杯、世界杯以及亚运会的“全满贯”,这样 的功绩可谓是羽毛球运动员的巅峰。不过,林丹并不认为自己是当今羽坛最强的球员,“每个人在职业生涯中都会 有起伏,陶菲克仍然是世界上成绩最好的球手,我还有很多东西需要向他学习。另外,李宗伟等人的实力也都很强 ,我还算不上最好。”
      谈到下一个目标,林丹毫不犹豫地对准了2012年的伦敦,“离伦敦奥运会开始还有不到两年半的时间,在 这段时期之内,我会全身心投入,充分做好备战,争取到时候能够有好的表现。”

    Summary in English:

    After defeat by LD in TC final, TH said, "This is LD's era." If LD will be able to win AG, he would be able to achieve the "Full Grand Slam" (OG, WC, TC, SC and AG), which would be the summit achivement as a badminton player. However, LD does not reckon himself as the best player as of today. He said, " Everyone would have up and downs in a professional career, TH is still the player with the best achievements, I still have a lot to learn from him. Besides, players like LCW are also very strong, I am not yet the best."

    Talking about the next target, LD clearly pointed to OG12 in London. He said, "There is less than 2.5 years to go, within this period, I would do my utmost best to prepare for it in order to achieve good result when it comes."
    lol
    u should not post this to hurt some bcer

  5. #294
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow... that is a very humble gesture....

  6. #295
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ..just saying the right things to say laaaahh..a bit diplomatic too..(of course, deep inside we don't know how he really feels)..

  7. #296
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..just saying the right things to say laaaahh..a bit diplomatic too..(of course, deep inside we don't know how he really feels)..
    Based on achievements and almost a decade now that LD has been consistently at the very top, they say when you are at the top, everyone would want to shoot you down and while it may be easy to reach the top but darn hard to keep it, I don't think anyone will dispute whether LD is the best baddy player in history...it is a matter of how high he set the bar when his career is over after OLY12.

  8. #297
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Based on achievements and almost a decade now that LD has been consistently at the very top, they say when you are at the top, everyone would want to shoot you down and while it may be easy to reach the top but darn hard to keep it, I don't think anyone will dispute whether LD is the best baddy player in history...it is a matter of how high he set the bar when his career is over after OLY12.
    otb, i have to dispute that but probably not if you change it to 'he is one of the best baddy player in history'

  9. #298
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    France (Paris)
    Posts
    2,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's include him in the top 5

  10. #299
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Based on achievements and almost a decade now that LD has been consistently at the very top, they say when you are at the top, everyone would want to shoot you down and while it may be easy to reach the top but darn hard to keep it, I don't think anyone will dispute whether LD is the best baddy player in history...it is a matter of how high he set the bar when his career is over after OLY12.
    ..as for LD being the best baddy player in history, i would say he is arguably the best baddy player in this current (his current) MS generation history (last 10 yrs or so)..In the overall baddy MS history, if he wins the AG this yr, i would put him arguably in the top 5; if he wins the 2012 OG, i would put him in the top 3...if other baddy phenoms come along in 20, 30 yrs, time, they might eclipse LD's rank in history; but, imo, it'll be very tough..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-02-2010 at 02:23 PM.

  11. #300
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    otb, i have to dispute that but probably not if you change it to 'he is one of the best baddy player in history'
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..as for LD being the best baddy player in history, i would say he is arguably the best baddy player in this current (his current) MS generation history (last 10 yrs or so)..In the overall baddy MS history, if he wins the AG this yr, i would put him arguably in the top 5; if he wins the 2012 OG, i would put him in the top 3...if other baddy phenoms come along in 20, 30 yrs, time, they might eclipse LD's rank in history; but, imo, it'll be very tough..
    Holly banana, you guys are fast Xtimes in the past I have said I rate LD the best in baddy history strictly based on achievements (Wcs, AEs, OLY gold) i.e. a benchmark for comparison and I type too fast aka blazing speed to forget that line. I never compare to past eras as there is no end to arguments. If I would to pick one game to rate the best player in history, then it would be ZJH in AE90 final, the single greatest display of baddy I have ever seen, LD's OLY08 and TC10 would be second and third to that one but that would be my personal opinion.

    AG10, IMHO, is because TH won it. Just that tennis have 4 Opens to make a Slam, so baddy needs 1 to add to AE, WC and OLY, and so AG become the oddity. There is no European participation as they have their own EG, so what is AG so important to be included in a Slam? I would say OLY12 is the mother of all biggies. Winning gold 2x would IMO be the single greatest achievement of them all in baddy history, OLY comes 1 in 4 years, that is a lifetime in the playing career of a baddy player. Even if LD win OLY12, that only makes it 2 try out of 3 (he lost OLY2000 when he WR1), that proves it is so difficult to repeat gold

  12. #301
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    ...There is no European participation as they have their own EG, so what is AG so important to be included in a Slam?...
    - True, i also won't put AG in the same level as the AE, OG and WC simply for the same reason. I, personally, won't put it as a "Slam" event..maybe a "mini Slam"..
    - My reason on why winning the AG is sort of important to secure his place as the top 5 MS in baddy history is because it shows that you are the best in the region or part of the world; and we know how badminton is essentially a highly respected game in the Asian community/that part of the world and most of the world's top players come from that region. Second, your hero ZJH also won it twice, so, if LD were to win, eventhough not twive, it shows that he belongs in that class as well.

  13. #302
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    court
    Posts
    642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd say AE is top of the crop and OG is second. It's the rarity of the OG that makes it special!

  14. #303
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    I'd say AE is top of the crop and OG is second. It's the rarity of the OG that makes it special!
    I respect your opinion AE was once upon a time the inaugural world championship of badminton as I know when I was a young and good looking lad in a galaxy long time ago AE is the oldest one too >100 years old. But AE comes once a year, therefore if a player played 10 years he has 10 tries. LD had won it 3X in the modern era and there are 2 more chances to screw around on AE for that fella. Of course, for obvious reason he gifted one AE to CJ (why not gift one to me, I want one too). OLY comes once in 4 years, a player not only played for himself but the weight of the entire nation is on his/her shoulder, the pressure far outweighs AE or any SS, including WC too. OLY IMHO is the mother of them all. IMO, someone can in future win more AE, more WC to pass the next fella, but OLY gold is difficult. If LD wins 2 OLY gold, someone could possibly tie that mark one day, but to get 3 to past LD, I am not sure it is even possible, ask go Tom Cruise If LD wins OLY12 gold, if I am him, I would look back and bang myself for missing the 2000 OLY gold when he was WR1, and that could make it 3 golds.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 06-02-2010 at 03:31 PM.

  15. #304
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    beautiful place
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyone wantst to compare that wr #1 leechongwei chap to lindan?any of leechongwei's fanboyz?

  16. #305
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    Let's include him in the top 5
    can't agree more

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..as for LD being the best baddy player in history, i would say he is arguably the best baddy player in this current (his current) MS generation history (last 10 yrs or so)..In the overall baddy MS history, if he wins the AG this yr, i would put him arguably in the top 5; if he wins the 2012 OG, i would put him in the top 3...if other baddy phenoms come along in 20, 30 yrs, time, they might eclipse LD's rank in history; but, imo, it'll be very tough..
    here you use 'if' when the event hasn't come true yet and this sound more like a neutralist

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Holly banana, you guys are fast Xtimes in the past I have said I rate LD the best in baddy history strictly based on achievements (Wcs, AEs, OLY gold) i.e. a benchmark for comparison and I type too fast aka blazing speed to forget that line. I never compare to past eras as there is no end to arguments. If I would to pick one game to rate the best player in history, then it would be ZJH in AE90 final, the single greatest display of baddy I have ever seen, LD's OLY08 and TC10 would be second and third to that one but that would be my personal opinion.

    AG10, IMHO, is because TH won it. Just that tennis have 4 Opens to make a Slam, so baddy needs 1 to add to AE, WC and OLY, and so AG become the oddity. There is no European participation as they have their own EG, so what is AG so important to be included in a Slam? I would say OLY12 is the mother of all biggies. Winning gold 2x would IMO be the single greatest achievement of them all in baddy history, OLY comes 1 in 4 years, that is a lifetime in the playing career of a baddy player. Even if LD win OLY12, that only makes it 2 try out of 3 (he lost OLY2000 when he WR1), that proves it is so difficult to repeat gold
    holly banana? lol
    i knew you forgot something and yes never compare to past eras as there is no end to arguments

  17. #306
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    I'd say AE is top of the crop and OG is second. It's the rarity of the OG that makes it special!
    yes og is special because of the rarity and it's not fair to say anybody winning this title once or twice is the best baddy in history because og only start late, 1996 or 2000 (am not sure)?

    its just not fair to the players from the past era

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    : 02-06-2010, 12:48 AM
  2. Shocking discovery:we are human bacteria hybrid
    By taneepak in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 4
    : 05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
  3. Human Tail?
    By ants in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 3
    : 09-07-2007, 03:41 AM
  4. Human factor in making the draw
    By 2cents in forum Japan Open / China Open 2006
    Replies: 18
    : 10-14-2006, 11:30 AM
  5. Who is the best Ws player in history?
    By seawell in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 24
    : 11-24-2005, 08:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •