User Tag List

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss.boon View Post
    i have seen them play, in fact since aik huang days.and even though those were very good players and you simply cannot compare players from different eras based on skills/playing style etc...those are subjective and depends also on the equipment technology.however one thing that can be compared is the number of titles and level of dominance.we shldn't also start so early as many nations like China did not participate in world badminton much.a good point to start wld be in the 80s when most nations are already represented.nobody since then had racked up so many titles and dominated their opponents like Super Dan.first he disposed of taufik and now holds off LCW.no singles player in the world can touch LCW now, and LD [BOLD]pawns[/BOLD] LCW.
    While reading your post I thought to myself you must be sober today,

writing stuff like this so true so nice to read..

Until your second last word spoils everything.

Anyway welcome back pralinescream 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe yy and zjh will tell lindan, hey, you played in non air conditioned halls in your life like io and mo? lol.

Also, tell PG to ask MF.

ccc, you should give SO some respect man... lol. The other old dude will smack ya mate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=miss.boon;1739337]i have seen them play, in fact since aik huang days.
    and even though those were very good players and you simply cannot compare players from different eras based on skills/playing style etc...
    those are subjective and depends also on the equipment technology.

Miss Boon...wait a minute here...I followed Tan Aik Huang since those were the days when I was a young and good looking lad roaming aimlessly in MAS. You said you seen Aik Huang play and that was in the 60's and 70's...you are still a 'Miss'.....errr.....why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    "Better" is all relative...

Both LD and LCW are first-rate players; both are among my favorite players.

Panda's conclusion: while LCW is currently the #1 Men's Singles Player in the world, LD is the # 1 Men's Singles Player in history.

Here's why:

To date, LCW has never beaten LD back-to-back (or in consecutive matches head-to-head) while LD has done it 5 different times (even winning 3 consecutive head-to-head matches at two different times)!

Major Accomplishments:

LD:
    World Championships: 4 Gold, 1 Silver
    Olympics: 1 Gold, 1 Silver
    All England: 4 Gold, 3 Silver

LCW:
    World Championships: 2 Silver, 1 Bronze
    Olympics: 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
    All England: 2 Gold, 1 Silver

Head-to-Head Results: 16-8 in favor of LD

Detailed head-to-head results:
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/headtohe...906&t2p1=50152

Attachment 105528

LCW get 2 AE, LD get 4 AE
    LCW get 0 olympic, LD get 1 olympic
    LCW get 0 world championship, LD get 4 world championship
    LCW get 0 SC, LD get 4 SC
    LCW get 0 TC, LD get 4 SC
    LCW get 0 asian games induvidual, LD get 1 asian games induvidual

head to head = 17 : 8 for lin dan,
    because there is one match is not written in bwf website, asian games 2010, LD vs lcw :
    21-13, 15-21, 21-10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    If we go back to read from Post #1 to this post, you would find that we could not conclude that Lin Dan 'is the best player in human history'. Why? I would say that it's because he hasn't captured ALL the BIGGEST National Opens yet.

Lin Dan still needs to collect the Indonesian and Malaysian Opens. So many times he had tried but failed.

Hope that he could perhaps do it next year (2012); And Badminton fans from these 2 countries would then say "WOW, Lin Dan has also collected our National title; He is our National Champion too".
    Obviously, LD doesn't covet all tourney titles, hence his disposition and overall achievements. It would perhaps be fair to say (in his position) that if he expends too much energy on all competitions he entered he'd be left half empty in the tank coming into tourneys he covets most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quoted from Peter Gade's facebook:

Peter Gade

But still, I’m very proud of the match and the way that I played. Todays final between Lin Dan and Chong Wei was a wonderful match and even tough there’s a lot of feelings in watching this for me, I simply enjoyed the match and the fact that I was on the podium today. Lin Dan is the true winner of this tournament and his mental attitude today in the final was simply second to none. In my point of view he is the best player in the history of the mens singles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, Lin vs Lee head to head is 18:8, as a matter of fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Gade

But still, Iím very proud of the match and the way that I played. Todays final between Lin Dan and Chong Wei was a wonderful match and even tough thereís a lot of feelings in watching this for me, I simply enjoyed the match and the fact that I was on the podium today. Lin Dan is the true winner of this tournament and his mental attitude today in the final was simply second to none. In my point of view he is the best player in the history of the mens singles.

There you go as told by an evergreen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MilGauss View Post
    Obviously, LD doesn't covet all tourney titles, hence his disposition and overall achievements. It would perhaps be fair to say (in his position) that if he expends too much energy on all competitions he entered he'd be left half empty in the tank coming into tourneys he covets most.
    Surely when LD enters a tournament, he would like to win it.

Some could say that if he doesn't covet the title of a tournament, then why enter it.

Here is a good example;

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    There is absolutely no point in entering a tournament if you feel that you don't have a chance of winning a match/event. If you don't have the inner belief then you are basically happy to lose. What would be the point in turning up at a tournament if you don't feel you can win, you might as well stay at home and watch tv. Or train harder so you can compete at the same level.

Who actually enters a tournament just to take part. To gain experience yes, but no one enters just to make up the numbers...

Don't think you can win ? Don't enter, IMO it's simple.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-16-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by braids View Post
    Btw, Lin vs Lee head to head is 18:8, as a matter of fact.
    Are you sure? I thought it s worse than that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely when LD enters a tournament, he would like to win it.

Some could say that if he doesn't covet the title of a tournament, then why enter it.

Here is a good example;

Ask LYB the question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's only what you thought. The WBF doesn't take all matches into account. The precise H2H is 18:8.

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Are you sure? I thought it s worse than that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.Surely when LD enters a tournament, he would like to win it. Some could say that if he doesn't covet the title of a tournament, then why enter it. ;.
    Not for the year heading to Olympics. His primary goal is to help a third CHN MS qualify for Olympics. Because two CHN MS assists will increase his chances of winning OG12 more than just one CHN MS. So if LD and CJ are in the same half, then LD will make way for CJ, like in the recent Spore Open.By the way, LD practise energy rationing during matchplay and you know why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Wong8Egg;1112068]Lin Dan has dominated the MS field since 2004 and counting. He won OG, he won 2 times WC, 4 times AE, and countless numbers of SS.

And by best I mean he is better than all badminton great from the past too. He would beat anyone today or from the past even at their prime time.

AGREE the GREATEST if you don't include ZhaoJH who is an enigma??? He was the magician on his day, don't you think?
    LCW, one of the best for sure! LCW will win WC in 2013 cos LD won't be playing & China withdraw from championship hahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Not for the year heading to Olympics. His primary goal is to help a third CHN MS qualify for Olympics. Because two CHN MS assists will increase his chances of winning OG12 more than just one CHN MS. So if LD and CJ are in the same half, then LD will make way for CJ, like in the recent Spore Open.By the way, LD practise energy rationing during matchplay and you know why.
    Don't forget, the rules require players to participate in certain amount of events, that's why LD take part, The magic word here is take part, WIN is not in the rules.
    Basically he is compelled to take part. Cut story short, SS/PSS/OPEN events, LCW take lah, MAjors like AG/OLMPICS/WC...ask the MAN 1st...WHO??? LIN DAN lah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by braids View Post
    That's only what you thought. The WBF doesn't take all matches into account. The precise H2H is 18:8.
    are u sure? i count that H2H is 17:8, (16:8 from bwf website and 1 match again is not written in website : asian games 2010)

CMIIW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MilGauss View Post

Peter Gade

But still, I’m very proud of the match and the way that I played. Todays final between Lin Dan and Chong Wei was a wonderful match and even tough there’s a lot of feelings in watching this for me, I simply enjoyed the match and the fact that I was on the podium today. Lin Dan is the true winner of this tournament and his mental attitude today in the final was simply second to none. In my point of view he is the best player in the history of the mens singles.

There you go as told by an evergreen.
    PG said "history", which refers to the past, not the future!

Anyway his history may not included those past great players whom he has not seen nor played against.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast