User Tag List

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    Anyone has a software to merge the faces of Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang together? It'll be cool kinda like the Late Night with Conan O'Brien Show.
    eg. http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Late_Night_wi...n/iftheymated/

I mean if Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang mated, their offspring will have super badminton genes, kinda like Steffi Graf/Andre Agassi pairing for tennis.

Imagined how many titles their son or daughter will win.
    If Lin and Xie have offsprings, they probably will direct them to play tennis instead of badminton... Lin Dan had been complaining a lot about the lack of progress in paydays in badminton. Even though badminton techniques have vastly improved, the pay hasn't... Tennis is way better than badminton in terms of creating well-paying careers for their children...
    Last edited by Krisna; 03-17-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    If Lin and Xie have offsprings, they probably will direct them to play tennis instead of badminton... Lin Dan had been complaining a lot about the lack of progress in paydays in badminton. Even though badminton techniques have vastly improved, the pay hasn't... Tennis is way better than badminton in terms of creating well-paying careers for their children...
    this is very shallow-minded thought. if everyone thinks like this, then forever high-profile sports will be limited to golf, tennis, basketball, etc. these are also the sports dat westerners dominate. now is rise of asians. sports that we excel in will be more high profile with better viewership = more sponsors = more monetary support. anyway, point is...support whichever sport u fell in love with. dun juz look at the money. if u r good, the rewards will come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pralinescream i agree with you! you make a good point

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 consecutive WC titles.

This thread deserve a bump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    3 consecutive WC titles.

This thread deserve a bump.
    nod.
    I was also surprised dat no one commented on LD 'improvement' in this 09 WC.
    Even if lcw had beaten SDK to advance to the next match with LD, the LD i saw last week make me to say that LD was fully prepared and have the answers to neurtralize lcw's weapons even if lcw didn't failed mentally for a comfortable 2 game match.

LD knows that if lcw played 100%, lcw is the man he has to work and train to beat for the WC title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    LD knows that if lcw played 100%, lcw is the man he has to work and train to beat for the WC title.
    i disagree with this, how do you know this is what lin dan thinks/knows?

imo, i think that a 100% LCW couldn't beat a 80% Lin Dan, they are of different class... just look at the championship comparisons... n also the win/lose encounters between them, especially in the major competitions.
    LCW has a very very long way to go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There really is no basis on who is ' the best ' at the respective eras and compared across generations. There are just too many variances between them to make a sound comparison.

People might say LD is faster, stronger etc compared to legends like Hartono and TXH, LSK etc. But equipment has changed so dramatically between these periods, court conditions, nutrition all make drastic differences to what kind of court play is possible. Ever tried doing a 'chop smash' using a 250g wooden racket and 16lb string tensions ? Or play on lacquered wood floors with canvas shoes that have all but 10mm worth of rubber sole and support?

What if top modern players like LD, LCW and say TH were transported back in time, to the time of Hartono, Wong Peng Soon, TXH ? And played against these players using equipment and court conditions of that time ? Wooden rackets, cotton apparel, canvas shoes, wooden lacqured floors and all. Would they be able to play at their current levels, much less styles which make them such excellent players ? I seriously do not believe so. They will be forced to adapt the style which best suits the equipment available of that era. And would they still be able to beat those legendary greats ? I would say there really is no certain answer to it, as it would be a hard fight.

That being said, the many people in this thread say LD 'is the best' simple because he's the best player they have witnessed to date and of the current era. But have they witnessed the various other legends at their prime ?

I had the rarefield opportunity to witness Zhao Jianhua on form and extremely motivated at the Singapore Open back in '92. Watched the Quarters, Semi's and Finals all courtside. It was a superlative performance which I have not witnessed in the years since. Based on that tournament alone, I would say LD would not have beaten ZJH at near his prime. He is one of the rare few players in history which his peers openly admit that his best, he was simply untouchable ( I quote Ardy Wiranata on this) . The other being TXH. I have not heard such superlative praise for LD from his peers.

So would I consider ZJH the best player in history then ? No, because there will always be someone who will come along to dominate his era of competition.

There really is no direct comparison, but each 'legend' was the best of his era, move beyond that, there is no basis for comparison, too many variables change between eras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me....ZJH and TH is the best player ever, entertainer....overall both is genius...
    but Lindan is a hard worker, he rely on phisical condition....he is not genius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pejantan View Post
    for me....ZJH and TH is the best player ever, entertainer....overall both is genius...
    Are u serious man...
    Lin Dan has taken badminton to a whole new level...
    you must be joking...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tony531 View Post
    Are u serious man...
    Lin Dan has taken badminton to a whole new level...
    you must be joking...
    bout lin dan, honestly i quote from our local newspaper....in press conference he told that his achievement prove that he wasnt a genius player but a hard worker, it sound like LD want everyone honored his achievement as a result of training not just a gift from god

personally i agree with his comment, before...i thinx he just an arogan player, but now he is more mature, maybe he realized that he is not talented as ZJH and TH ....trained hard, work hard is everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pejantan;
    [SIZE=1
    personally i agree with his comment, before...i thinx he just an arogan player, but now he is more mature, maybe he realized that he is not talented as ZJH and TH ....trained hard, work hard is everything
    [/SIZE]

If LD is arrogant, he would have claimed he is a genius. An ordinary stone no matter how you try to polish it will
    never be a diamond. An uncut, unpolished diamond when
    'polished/refined' through time will be a sparkling diamond. As his coach, Tang puts it - a rare gem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bout lin dan, honestly i quote from our local newspaper....in press conference he told that his achievement prove that he wasnt a genius player but a hard worker, it sound like LD want everyone honored his achievement as a result of training not just a gift from god

what does this have to do with anything?
    it doesn't matter if he is a natural talent or he works hard, the point is that he's still regarded as one of the greatest, if not the greatest players to ever pick up a racket.

edit: you say that he is not as talented as TH or ZJH, but he has almost accomplished more than both of them combined, so with that logic, wouldn't you say that LD is better than both of them?
    Last edited by yourbestfriend; 08-20-2009 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, the super physical ability of LD's is also a gift from God. TH and LD are both talented by in different aspect. But LD is the better with his achievements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, best player AND entertainer huh? big accolade i must. How is ZJH the best badminton entertainer. I know TH is. A few long time INA frens of mine even told me to my face, TH is a clown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    IMO, the super physical ability of LD's is also a gift from God. TH and LD are both talented by in different aspect. But LD is the better with his achievements.
    since TH winning record is pretty good but not great, pejantan need to invent new category to put TH in for his idol, an entertainer, lol. Same marketing tactic use by car manufacturers, 'best in its class'. Hmmm, what kind of entertainer who walks out on a match, no show on so many tournaments and charity functions, (while with pbsi), teasing the audience, bickering with pbsi, etc
    Last edited by cooler; 08-20-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. bout lin dan, honestly i quote from our local newspaper....in press conference he told that his achievement prove that he wasnt a genius player but a hard worker, it sound like LD want everyone honored his achievement as a result of training not just a gift from god

2. personally i agree with his comment, before...i thinx he just an arogan player, but now he is more mature, maybe he realized that he is not talented as ZJH and TH ....trained hard, work hard is everything
    1. hey young pejantan, this is what we human call humbleness and modesty.
    So only gift from god is call greatness? What happen to TH lately, he not winning, did god took back the gift lol Maybe coz he isn't a good boy anymore?

2. so LD is a cocky arrogant hard worker... Hmm, so rare, since i haven't met such person in my lift before. LOLOLOL Hey, this is still better than being a LAZY GIFTED genius like TH lol
    Last edited by cooler; 08-20-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just get a poll set up =) That should answer EVERYTHING

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast