User Tag List

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 256 to 272 of 481
  1. #256
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    As limsy said, it's a matter of inborn personality and there is nothing he nor his coaches can do to change it. This can be gleaned from press interviews and off court behaviour. He is just too cordial, meek, nice. Compare to LD, who is aggressive, even arrogant. The one who believes in himself, even to the point of conceit and arrogance, will dominate... all else being equal.And don't think that LCW is the only one tempted to enjoy the good life with his fame and fortune, I'm sure LD does the same too.
    hmm, who said 'I never lost in malaysia'? Is that meek?

    well, all those 'qualities' u had listed were endorsed by LN. More sour grape?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cooler; 05-19-2010 at 03:10 PM.

  2. #257
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well
    even i didnt lost in malaysia
    haha
    i born here
    live here more than 19 years
    how to get lost?
    haha
    just joking

  3. #258
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    .And don't think that LCW is the only one tempted to enjoy the good life with his fame and fortune, I'm sure LD does the same too.
    disagree wt this naive statement.
    sum ppl are more driven than most.
    winners have highest pride, sense of pride, never say die attitude and always seek for higher level of skill and enlightenment in a specific discipline.

    sum ppl are less driven, with low pride, easily die attitude and just content to be the best in the small pond.

    of course, it depends on many factors. most of it is in-born; some is influenced by others, e.g. endless praises, blind idol worshipping by low-demanding fans, etc.

  4. #259
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,614
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    hmm, who said 'I never lost in malaysia'? Is that meek?

    well, all those 'qualities' u had listed were endorsed by LN. More sour grape?
    I'm not sure I understand you... can you clarify?

  5. #260
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,614
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pralinescream View Post
    disagree wt this naive statement.
    sum ppl are more driven than most.
    winners have highest pride, sense of pride, never say die attitude and always seek for higher level of skill and enlightenment in a specific discipline.

    sum ppl are less driven, with low pride, easily die attitude and just content to be the best in the small pond.

    of course, it depends on many factors. most of it is in-born; some is influenced by others, e.g. endless praises, blind idol worshipping by low-demanding fans, etc.
    True, true.

    I'm sure both LD and LCW are quite driven to succeed... just one more than the other.

  6. #261
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just look at his style of play during his younger days.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXDYErqfFq4

  7. #262
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aussie
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The greatest player of his generation: Yes definitely, based on his results from the past five years.

    The greatest player of human history: You must be joking, the answer is certainly 'No' until he could match or break other players' amazing records. And I believe every 10-20 years to come we will see some greater players than LD.

  8. #263
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pralinescream View Post
    disagree wt this naive statement.
    sum ppl are more driven than most.
    winners have highest pride, sense of pride, never say die attitude and always seek for higher level of skill and enlightenment in a specific discipline.

    sum ppl are less driven, with low pride, easily die attitude and just content to be the best in the small pond.

    of course, it depends on many factors. most of it is in-born; some is influenced by others, e.g. endless praises, blind idol worshipping by low-demanding fans, etc.
    i certainly hope you are not reffering to lin dan and lee chong wei!

  9. #264
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol.................... Tgif

  10. #265
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Just look at his style of play during his younger days.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXDYErqfFq4
    good find george, i haven't seen this match before

  11. #266
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flikflak View Post
    The greatest player of his generation: Yes definitely, based on his results from the past five years.

    The greatest player of human history: You must be joking, the answer is certainly 'No' until he could match or break other players' amazing records. And I believe every 10-20 years to come we will see some greater players than LD.
    what other player's amazing records would that be?

  12. #267
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    good find george, i haven't seen this match before
    ...because he beats you to a thousand odd post

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    what other player's amazing records would that be?
    i think he refers to the old records something like for example, rudy hartono 8x all england...........?

  13. #268
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    lol.................... Tgif
    What is tgif?..

  14. #269
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    What is tgif?..
    Thanks God it is Friday that is the weekend is coming up.

  15. #270
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    ... think he refers to the old records something like for example, rudy hartono 8x all england...........?
    ya, kinda, i thot so too, that one off record but can't be compare to today's LD. It's like comparing apples and oranges. You see, back then

    1. china can't compete and there were many chinese great ones who can upset Rudy H. back then
    2. not many competent opponents except, Svend Pri, Christian Hadinata, Punch Gunalan. When Liem Swie King came along later, rudy H. was toast.

  16. #271
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aussie
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Same thing like LD. Who can challenge him 'closely' beside LCW nowadays? No competition. Not many competent opponents. The rest just feels like cheerleaders.

    Can't blame him though.

    -
    Last edited by flikflak; 05-21-2010 at 02:04 AM.

  17. #272
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flikflak View Post
    Same thing like LD. Who can challenge him 'closely' beside LCW nowadays? No competition. Not many competent opponents. The rest just feels like cheerleaders.

    Can't blame him though.

    -
    todays game is different than yesteryears very much a lot its very competitive and smart training/participation is the key for most winners

    even lin dan, supposedly to be the best today is still very much beatable.
    in 2010 alone how many times was he beaten? his last win in the tc 2010 is, of course spectacular - all won in straight sets but can he continue such dominance? i don't think so

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    : 02-06-2010, 12:48 AM
  2. Shocking discovery:we are human bacteria hybrid
    By taneepak in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 4
    : 05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
  3. Human Tail?
    By ants in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 3
    : 09-07-2007, 03:41 AM
  4. Human factor in making the draw
    By 2cents in forum Japan Open / China Open 2006
    Replies: 18
    : 10-14-2006, 11:30 AM
  5. Who is the best Ws player in history?
    By seawell in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 24
    : 11-24-2005, 08:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •