User Tag List

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the problem is home crowd "disadvantage", maybe the solution for LCW and malaysia is to stop hosting big tournaments. Don't bid next time but in all seriousness, Lin Dan honestly is the best player in so far to make use of his surroundings and resources to his advantage. And that makes him the best ever. If the technology wasn't around, I believe Lin Dan would train twice as hard as he does now to make it up, and I'm sure he'd be a top player if he went back in time. But as for now, he utilizes his equipment, the technologies and training methods, his coaches, his work ethic and his style very well. Not to discredit any top player because everyone trains hard. But Lin Dan is better for a reason. Whether it's fitness or technique or power or speed, but Lin Dan seems to answer his critics every time he plays. Fan or not, the guy has achieved a lot and continues to be a top 1a 1b player in the world, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    also extracted from BadZine:

http://www.badzine.info/index.php/ne...o-serious.html

It looked like a painful moment of truth for Malaysia’s golden boy Lee Chong Wei: After two years, the distance between Lin Dan and himself hasn’t been bridged despite the fact that the Chinese has significantly cut back on competing in the international circuit while the Malaysian has been unbeatable in the Super Series this year and even scooped his first All England title.

The 21-17, 21-8 score-line bears resemblance to the 2008 Olympic Games final between the duo, which Lin Dan won in scores of 21-12, 21-8.

Revealing that it was a mental battle that he lost, Chong Wei said: "When I went onto the court, I wanted to win the first point for Malaysia so badly. In the first game, when nothing worked for me, I lost my confidence. Then, I made many mistakes and didn't play my usual game. The crowd pressure is not an excuse for my defeat, I just lost to myself.”

In terms of technique, Chong Wei does believe that he has caught up with the Olympic champion but of course winning a match of this stature requires more than just a high level of technique. As it was at the Thomas Cup finals, it boiled down to the hosts being mentally overwhelmed.

Chong Wei shared: “Each time a shot came at me, I thought too much and had no idea where I should place my shot. My strategy simply couldn't work today. The occasion plays a big part but I do think that the disparity between our individual skills and techniques has narrowed.”

It is a charge that Malaysia’s head coach Rashid Sidek can’t deny. Rashid said: "We lost to a better team. China deserved to win. We thought that our preparations were solid, but they beat us to it.”

The Chinese don't seem to show their true colours at the international tournaments: today's Lin Dan is not the same Lin Dan as was at All England. We are now pressed to develop and raise the quality of the young players in our squad,” concluded Rashid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXazn_romeoXx View Post
    if the problem is home crowd "disadvantage", maybe the solution for LCW and malaysia is to stop hosting big tournaments. Don't bid next time but in all seriousness, Lin Dan honestly is the best player in so far to make use of his surroundings and resources to his advantage. And that makes him the best ever. If the technology wasn't around, I believe Lin Dan would train twice as hard as he does now to make it up, and I'm sure he'd be a top player if he went back in time. But as for now, he utilizes his equipment, the technologies and training methods, his coaches, his work ethic and his style very well. Not to discredit any top player because everyone trains hard. But Lin Dan is better for a reason. Whether it's fitness or technique or power or speed, but Lin Dan seems to answer his critics every time he plays. Fan or not, the guy has achieved a lot and continues to be a top 1a 1b player in the world, bar none.
    LD absolutely is a great baddy player..todays no one can beat him,he just like a god of badminton even TH admitted no one can beat LD now
    but no one can conclude he is the best baddy player ever
    just like pele and maradona..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flikflak View Post
    Same thing like LD. Who can challenge him 'closely' beside LCW nowadays? No competition. Not many competent opponents. The rest just feels like cheerleaders.

Can't blame him though.

-
    i should clarify.
    I meant what few hartono's opponents have were near hartono's level.
    In LD's case, not many close to his level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    LD absolutely is a great baddy player..todays no one can beat him,he just like a god of badminton even TH admitted no one can beat LD now
    but no one can conclude he is the best baddy player ever
    just like pele and maradona..
    the world is ending 2012, surely, it's safe to conclude as best ever, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I world ends in 2012, we should fastly decide if Ld is or not the best player ever !! O_o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    if 2012 not the end of the world,what will u do??go to ur end urself??u talk like ur know everything in this world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the his match against LCW in the Thomas Cup, Lin Dan is back, but IMHO, he is a shadow of his former self, he is not the Super Dan that we saw in the 2008 Olympics. Its great that he can against LCW with more finess than his 08/09 aggressive style, but I personally feel that his 08/09 aggressive form suits him more. In this match, you can clearly see LD's net game is weaker and he isn't using his signature jump smashes to pressure LCW. His 08 Olympic final was so dominating, LCW could do almost nothing against his onslaught. Hopefully Super Dan will return in the next big tourney, its a shame to see a top level player on the decline.

Ayabrea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayabrea View Post
    I just watched the his match against LCW in the Thomas Cup, Lin Dan is back, but IMHO, he is a shadow of his former self, he is not the Super Dan that we saw in the 2008 Olympics. Its great that he can against LCW with more finess than his 08/09 aggressive style, but I personally feel that his 08/09 aggressive form suits him more. In this match, you can clearly see LD's net game is weaker and he isn't using his signature jump smashes to pressure LCW. His 08 Olympic final was so dominating, LCW could do almost nothing against his onslaught. Hopefully Super Dan will return in the next big tourney, its a shame to see a top level player on the decline.

Ayabrea
    LOL, not worth rebutting

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayabrea
    LOL, not worth rebutting
    second that.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    second that.....
    third that.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayabrea
    Fourth that..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Ayabrea

Ayabrea

Fourth that..........

Fifth that......
    Last edited by laivc; 06-01-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lin dan has come back from his 5 to 6 months of off-form performances

yes during the thomas cup he was the most outstanding player, great control in the court and beating every player in straight sets

but will he keep up the same form in the following ss tournaments after thomas cup?

no, he won't and in fact he only play in the china league starting may to august

then probably or most likely he will surface in the wc in august, less than 3 weeks after the china league ends

during this period he will not have enough quality time for his training and he will lost a lot of ranking points
    his seeding in wc will be affected and his performance is questionable in view of the above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    if 2012 not the end of the world,what will u do??go to ur end urself??u talk like ur know everything in this world
    lol... because he heard lcw retires is 2012? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    lin dan has come back from his 5 to 6 months of off-form performances

yes during the thomas cup he was the most outstanding player, great control in the court and beating every player in straight sets

but will he keep up the same form in the following ss tournaments after thomas cup?

no, he won't and in fact he only play in the china league starting may to august

then probably or most likely he will surface in the wc in august, less than 3 weeks after the china league ends

during this period he will not have enough quality time for his training and he will lost a lot of ranking points
    his seeding in wc will be affected and his performance is questionable in view of the above
    Second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth that!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    Lol I world ends in 2012, we should fastly decide if Ld is or not the best player ever !! O_o
    And the answer is NO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing to do with 2012, you just felt the world in very near the end for you at your age.
    Last edited by Aspire; 06-02-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast