User Tag List

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan might be the best player 2006-2009... Taufik was argueably better than him before that [2004-2005]... but he is surely not the most famous! The most famous is: ...PRAKASH PADUKONE! Because he is the father of Deepika Padukone! Just google her if you don't trust me... She has 1 billion fans!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    ...PRAKASH PADUKONE! Because he is the father of Deepika Padukone! Just google her if you don't trust me... She has 1 billion fans!
    I wouldn't argue on this one with you!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan might be the best player 2006-2009... Taufik was argueably better than him before that [2004-2005]... but he is surely not the most famous! The most famous is: ...PRAKASH PADUKONE! Because he is the father of Deepika Padukone! Just google her if you don't trust me... She has 1 billion fans!
    Looks like she has 1 billion plus 2 latest recruits - you and me...!!! So are you gonna include her in your wish list looks mightily high maintenance, you need deep pocket though...then, when you keep wishing, you may sleep better

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, let me ask you guys a question here.

example here, what will it be if Lin Dan current condition right now vs the likes of Zhao Jian HUA, morten frost, rudy hartono, Sun Jun, Eddy Choong, Han Jian, Yang Yang,hendrawan and many badminton legends out there who are on from during their career?
    who do you think will win the match?

for example only

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    ok, let me ask you guys a question here.

example here, what will it be if Lin Dan current condition right now vs the likes of Zhao Jian HUA, morten frost, rudy hartono, Sun Jun, Eddy Choong, Han Jian, Yang Yang,hendrawan and many badminton legends out there who are on from during their career?
    who do you think will win the match?

for example only
    Not just LD, I am confident to say any of the top 10 today would beat them relatively easy. Badminton has evolved in every aspect since 20 years ago, it is no secret and can easily be seen in every match that is played today.

I don't see how ZJH, Yang Yang, Morten Frost can storm into the net from the back of the court like the way LD does. I don't see them can retrieve and recover as quickly as LCW. And they hardly moving as quick as Peter Gade does, even he his at the age of 30+ today.

Player like ZJH has set the standard in their era for the next generation to build upon, and players today are setting a higher standard, and this standard will contiune to rise in the future...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    just pick on your last point.

ZJH was up against Morten Frost, Yang Yang, Ardy Wiranta, Heryanto Arbi...
    and
    the only real challenger for LD was Chen Hong.

For me ZJH is still the best.
    completely disagree. your making it sound like LD had it easy.
    LD NEVER had it easy. It is never easy being WR#1, in any sport. Everybodies goal is to try and beat you. lee hyun il, gade, taufik, chong wei, BCL, CJ, jonassen are no good? LD thrash them easily everysingle time they played? i don't think so man.

I don't remember EVER in badminton where the WR1 was soo much better than everybody else. Yah, the players you listed are legends right now, and deservingly so, but i think when LD retires and the dust settles, he will be looked at as the most successful and dominant player of any era. As much as i hate to say this, but, i don't think there will be another player like LD for at least another 20 years.
    When this current generation of players retire (LD, LCW, Gade, Taufik, LHI, BCL and Jonassen), and we're looking back at them in 10 years, they will be the new legends and greats.

and remember, LD isn't even finished yet. He is 26 this year. In the upcoming world champs he is surely going to be favorite and judging by his health and how well he takes care of himself, he could realistically make a push for olympic gold in 2012.

With all this being said, it's still a little early to make any assumptions about how he will place in history. BUT the fact that we're even discussing this means he'll probably be pretty high

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    Not just LD, I am confident to say any of the top 10 today would beat them relatively easy. Badminton has evolved in every aspect since 20 years ago, it is no secret and can easily be seen in every match that is played today.
    hahaha man, no disrespect to them, but i don't think the oldies would be able to retrieve the back-hand smashes of taufik, nevermind the forehands of LD or LCW.

i can just imagine in 15 years, 350km smashes are "normal" and the world record hovering around 400km

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourbestfriend View Post
    hahaha man, no disrespect to them, but i don't think the oldies would be able to retrieve the back-hand smashes of taufik, nevermind the forehands of LD or LCW.

i can just imagine in 15 years, 350km smashes are "normal" and the world record hovering around 400km
    i mean what if those oldies right now, their past on form in their badminton career vs lin dan now.

quite complicated huh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And for everyone's convenience.

ZJH @ 1985 (ZJH's prime time according to viver)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDmd...eature=related

Today's badminton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWJdwrbtkY
    We don't even need LD or LCW to proof
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc3un...e=channel_page

Even my Mom knows who is better
    Last edited by Wong8Egg; 03-14-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ZJH vs Frost is a much faster game; Second as I said LD and LCW should be too fast for 1985's ZJH to deal with.

But to say players like today's TH, PG or even Persson can beat ZJH, I just have to disagree.

To make things simple let's state the following facts.

1. Today's PG is at least half level down from his 1998-99 level.
    2. In 1997, a 32 year old ZJH easily beat Sun Jun in a 7-pt game (so that the difference in stamina would not matter much).
    3. Sun Jun and PG are around the same level.

Now, the conclusion of ZJH in his prime vs PG today should be obvious, isn't it?

And for everyone's convenience.

ZJH @ 1985 (ZJH's prime time according to viver)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDmd...eature=related

Today's badminton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWJdwrbtkY

Even my Mom knows who is better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yourbestfriend, wong8egg, i'm on the same wavelength as u fellas
    ZJH was my favorite MS player of all time (i havent see tang fu played before so i can't judge him), but LD has improved so much continuously and after the OG win, i can't deny the fact LD has reached the height of badminton supremcy that even ZHJ can't match.

Yes, zhj is a legend in his own time but people keep comparing him to LD now which isnt a fair comparison. LD is way better. First, ZJH has a nagging lung problem, so no way he can match LD even if a peak form ZJH enter a time machine and meet LD now. LD is just way more fitter. Second, LD is taught under LYB and tang fu, LD got the benefit of learning all the past greats through these legendary coaches. No way ZJH knows more than LD now. Third, LD has better training and nutrient than a ZJH. All in all, there is no way ZJH or tang fu is better than LD now as some like viver claims even tho i repeat, this isn't a fair comparison. ZJH and tang fu (and many other greats) are greats in their time, they are worthy of remembering because without them, there is no LD or LD wouldn't be as great as he is now.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-14-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she has her own thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...epika+Padukone

too bad, a truly badminton great shouldn't need a hot daughter to make him famous. Fame by association isn't in my standard book. Same as sidekick Nicole Richie, she wouldn't be famous without Paris Hilton. Same as sideshow bob, he wouldn't be famous without crusty the clown.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-14-2009 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    too bad, a truly badminton great shouldn't need a hot daughter to make him famous. Fame by association isn't in my standard book. Same as sidekick Nicole Richie, she wouldn't be famous without Paris Hilton. Same as sideshow bob, he wouldn't be famous without crusty the clown.
    Too bad Lin Dan needed Taufik to be famous... indeed, LD had benefited many times from Taufik's lack of form... Too bad...

LD is not the greatest player of all time [Taufik is! ]...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad Lin Dan needed Taufik to be famous... indeed, LD had benefited many times from Taufik's lack of form... Too bad...

LD is not the greatest player of all time [Taufik is! ]...
    Krisna..wrong thread.
    Get ready.But i'll be there for taufik.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Player like ZJH has set the standard in their era for the next generation to build upon, and players today are setting a higher standard, and this standard will contiune to rise in the future...
    ..so, is this your final conclusion to the thread title??..
    Quote Originally Posted by yourbestfriend View Post
    ...but i think when LD retires and the dust settles, he will be looked at as the most successful and dominant player of any era.
    With all this being said, it's still a little early to make any assumptions about how he will place in history. BUT the fact that we're even discussing this means he'll probably be pretty high
    ..so, of the two, which one will it be??..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that Lin dan is the best player china ever produce, who can up the air smash like Lin dan , not even Yang Yang ,Sun Jun amd Zhao jian hua. The only player that is able to do a similar style to Lin Dan is former indonesia player Hariyanto Arbi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is the 2nd point true? TXF is just one "past great".

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    Yes, zhj is a legend in his own time but people keep comparing him to LD now which isnt a fair comparison. LD is way better. First, ZJH has a nagging lung problem, so no way he can match LD even if a peak form ZJH enter a time machine and meet LD now. LD is just way more fitter. Second, LD is taught under LYB and tang fu, LD got the benefit of learning all the past greats through these legendary coaches. No way ZJH knows more than LD now. Third, LD has better training and nutrient than a ZJH. All in all, there is no way ZJH or tang fu is better than LD now as some like viver claims even tho i repeat, this isn't a fair comparison. ZJH and tang fu (and many other greats) are greats in their time, they are worthy of remembering because without them, there is no LD or LD wouldn't be as great as he is now.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast