User Tag List

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadlag View Post
    The only ss title that LD has not won yet is Malaysia Open, is this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    I don't think he has won Indonesian Open either. But LD did win one of his WC at Malaysia.
    ..LD also hasn't won the S'pore Open SS, basically the trio of SEA SS...oh, and the Japan Open SS, although he won it a couple of times before it was technically labeled a SS..

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnchang View Post
    I think it's difficult to compare eras with different circumstances, technology, knowledge, fitness regimes etc. Each era has it's own peculiar situations with it's own attending superstars and different styles of play. I don't think you can judge who is better than whom when comparing eras. For example Rudy Hartono won 8 All England titles, 7 of which was won consecutively - a record which is pretty hard to emulate let alone beat. He aslo won the WC title in 1980 - after coming out of retirement! Plus the OG title in 1972 - although badminton was only a demonstration sport then. Rudy Hartono was the most dominant player of his era. Do all these pale in comparison to LD's achievements? You'd have a hard time convincing me.

Likewise in golf there is the unending debate about who is the best - Tiger Woods or Jack Nicklaus?
    agree with comparing players from different eras. all the factors you listed are all valid and none of them can be quantified.

i like to compare era with the number of number of worthy opponents. if someone dominates an era but there are no worth opponent, it only makes it less valuable.

we have two very good era to talk about. one is the mid-80s. when the first 4 "heavenly-kings" emerged, namely, Yang Yang, Zhao Jinhua, Morten Frost, and Icuk Sugiarto. each of them have their own strengths and style. the next is from around 2004 to now. where we have 4 new heavenly kings, namely, Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Taufik Hidayat and Peter Gade. each have their own wins and losses, but Lin Dan has emerged to be the best out of the 4 in terms of head-to-head and major wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you all, Lin Dan is one of the greatest or some would say the greatest.
    I think Lin Dan should try to compete in all of the super series tournaments and win everything to leave a mark.
    To me Lin Dan is in a league of his own among the heavenly kings of this era.. A couple of years back Taufik could take him down.. however we should not forget the great player Taufik was and what he has achieved
    Chong Wei however has only won the All England this year.. He has not won any other Major titles. His performance in the finals against Lin Dan in the Asia Games just shows us the different level of play between the two players. Lin Dan was playing like a world No. 1 and Chong Wei a world no. 3 or 4.. Just take a look again at the video to see the two different levels.

Overall for this era, I believe that Lin Dan tops all even Taufik.. But to compare with the past players, it will be difficult..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed this point in my earlier post..
    Here's another reason why Lin Dan is the best.. Can the other greats do this?
    Just a fun thing to share with ya'll... keke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my opinion, LD : "most complete title MS (compared from other MS player) in the world "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He beat everybody from 1963-1975 in international games. Can Lin Dan do that?
    Name:  tangxianhu.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  5.9 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe come close only.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynet View Post
    He beat everybody from 1963-1975 in international games. Can Lin Dan do that?Name:  tangxianhu.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  5.9 KB
    Well the sifu always kept a few secret of his own, without TSH there will be no LD today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Well the sifu always kept a few secret of his own, without TSH there will be no LD today
    I am very agree with you... TSH not only teached LD about technic etc in badminton but also about life.
    And sadly, I had know TSH is one of the coach team INA before...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvina View Post
    I am very agree with you... TSH not only teached LD about technic etc in badminton but also about life.
    And sadly, I had know TSH is one of the coach team INA before...
    Its like a bitter pill INA badminton have to swallow and learn no such similar mistake in the future

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The recent performances of LD did not inspire.

LCW appears to be more dominant and their next meeting, if ever, will be a very interesting one. My bet is on LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    ........learn no such similar mistake in the future
    Hopefully for that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In my opinion...

...LCW is now better than LD. Faster footwork, better form/technique, and stronger mental stability. His footwork and athleticism lets him to cover back court faster and allows him to jump more creating better angle than LD. From this position, he creates steeper drops and threatens his opponents with a broader spectrum of shots. He's also faster in the front allowing him to control the net with straight and cross net drops. LD can rally his players into error or win with smashes, but LCW can also win with back and front court drops. LCW's defense speaks for itself. Also, he is able to maintain mental composure during matches--he shows little to no emotion and remains focused at all times...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Lin Dan is the best MS baddy player in human history

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    The recent performances of LD did not inspire.

LCW appears to be more dominant and their next meeting, if ever, will be a very interesting one. My bet is on LCW.
    Some say that Lin Dan is the best MS baddy player in human history, and is still going strong.

So, perhaps Lin Dan can still defeat Lee Chong Wei in their next meeting (hopefully, at the 2011 World Championships).

Shall we have a bet of 100 satay sticks?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and I will bring the peanut sauce to the party

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu0n View Post
    ...LCW is now better than LD. Faster footwork, better form/technique, and stronger mental stability. His footwork and athleticism lets him to cover back court faster and allows him to jump more creating better angle than LD. From this position, he creates steeper drops and threatens his opponents with a broader spectrum of shots. He's also faster in the front allowing him to control the net with straight and cross net drops. LD can rally his players into error or win with smashes, but LCW can also win with back and front court drops. LCW's defense speaks for itself. Also, he is able to maintain mental composure during matches--he shows little to no emotion and remains focused at all times...
    It certainly looks that way . But in this 21-points scoring system,anything fast can happen especially if its a tense match between Lcw and Ld

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Some say that Lin Dan is the best MS baddy player in human history, and is still going strong.

So, perhaps Lin Dan can still defeat Lee Chong Wei in their next meeting (hopefully, at the 2011 World Championships).

Shall we have a bet of 100 satay sticks?
    Why didn't I bet .... =(

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast