User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of interest to know if there is any THICK over-grip in the market? When i say THICK means i expect it to be THICKER than the thickness of the normal over-grip currently in the market. Feel free to comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i combine both thin and thick grip...thick at the base,thin on the middle and thick again at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro trapatoni,

For your case, your grip is VERY THICK. xD

The reason i ask because i recently found that my SW37 feels a lot stiffer if i put on just a thin layer of over-grip as compare with a layer of replacement grip on top of the original grip.

Personally, i prefer to use over-grip because my original grip will still be in good shape no matter how many times i change the over-grip.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately the original grip on my SW37 was the worst grip I've ever had on a racket. It really slipped up and down on the wood. Putting an overgrip made it worse, because the overgrip slided WITH the original grip. That was pretty annoying.

No I have a Karakal replacement grip on the racket -> Much better. Superb hold and feel. Actually without an overgrip. But honestly, it's too small (G2). On the other hand the thin grip makes the racket head heavier - a welcome side effect, especially if you've got a 4U racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For your case, your grip is VERY THICK. xD
    well..i already getting use on that grip..but now, i using thin grip..(all around)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like using a thick grip, cause my hands are big.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like thick grip, absorb impact, flexible feeling cause it feels sooo comfortable . I must say too many grips out there... cant really try all of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use quite a thick grip usually and the changes it makes was highlighted recently. I had put one Karakel Supergrip on top of the stock grip and I could tell there was something amiss with my racquet and I was getting bad tennis elbow. Long story short I added one Yonex Supergrap and my game advanced on every level, smashes were harder, drop shots easier and clears more powerful.

Again it depends on size of your hand and your technique, I generally see controlled players play with a thinner grip as opposed to heavy hitters like myself who prefer a larger grip

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thick grips absorb shock better, but if you want a lot of feel from the racket you might not like this.

IME, the more wrist action people use, the thinner the grip they end up with (allows more wrist articulation).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to use a thin grip, ie, karakal nano, on my sw35 but found that it didn't have an adhesive backing so slipped and got crumpled. I had to revert to a karakal super grip which has adhesive backing. But i find it way to thick now. Any ideas on a thin grip that has adhesive grip?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    I wanted to use a thin grip, ie, karakal nano, on my sw35 but found that it didn't have an adhesive backing so slipped and got crumpled. I had to revert to a karakal super grip which has adhesive backing. But i find it way to thick now. Any ideas on a thin grip that has adhesive grip?
    you means you are using overgrip as replacement grip?

you can try this way to grip it (so it will not gonna crumble)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Avenger.I basically did this but the grip just moved about on the handle so got crumpled and exposed the wood. Any other ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thinner the better... i open my ori grip, put a good cellotape around it and cover it with a li ning overgrip (abit thicker than the yonex overgrap).. i used to have thick covers but i feel the thinner the better i can 'feel' the racquet.... but u need strong holding capabilities to make sure your racquet does not fly to the other court! haha...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like double sided sticky tape?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serveral weeks ago, I was used to play with 3 Layers of Yonex Super Grap AC102. On a Yonex G3! (In Germany, you can only order G3 oder G4 (sometimes G5 for women rackets).
    That was really thick. The main disadvantage was the agility of the racket handle. Fast switches were really difficult. And after a long match, my hand was even out of power from holding the racket.
    Then I recognized that I have to improve my technique that I can play with a thinner grap.
    Now, I'm playing with only 1 Layer of overgrip and I'm very happy with this. The first time, it was very hard - but now I would never go back to a thicker grap.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, higher standard player have thinner grips.

Personally, I play with one 1.7 mm rep. grip on G5 bare wood - any thicker and I can't get enough wrist articulation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought a grip was purely a matter of personal taste - didn't realise that some people think it can have a dramatic effect on your level of play.
    I always opt for a thick, cushioned grip - purely because it's more comfortable. I have tried both though, and never really noticed a difference in my game, but when using thinner grip I have to admit the whole time during the game I couldn't help thinking "whoa this is really uncomfortable, i need a thicker grip" lol

Perhaps that indirectly affected my game in some way...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast