User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    One slight correction, TCS is the most senior among the 4, supposed to be 23 this year. CWF & Liew Daren = 22, Arif youngest = 20.

And yes, CWF looks like the best one so far, Misbun has said that bf. Most probably CWF will be the 3rd MS for TC 2010, since Hafiz's & KBH performance are below par.
    i tot tcs 24???...but the post starter age is misleading reader...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    These 4 muskeeters are currently Msia's elit back-up MS, not considered as MJ anymore.
    The others, up & coming are Iskandar Zulkarnain =18 this yr, just won 2 small tourneys, along the way also playing XD, MD.
    KLRC's Zulfaldi = 16(?), he's getting more International exposure than BJSS players, though the young Zulfaldi havent been able to get far in SS or GP Gold, more to see from him in future.
    he is 16....zulfadli....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, Zulfadli will be the next big thing in badminton
    The upgraded Taufik Hidayat... He's got the skills, the mental toughness... currently no one at his age can take him... only thing left for him to build is his physical strength but this will gradually build up once he's grown slightly older.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    This,however ,ain't the best solution to cope with the stated problem. I am more into improving these players.
    They are in the team.Means they have capabilities. Well, Malaysia is blessed with good talents, and i am talking about those juniors they've beaten before entering the national team squad.
    They are not good enough for now, and we're running out of time,
    LCW is alone to beat a batch of China dragons -LD, CJ BCL, - These are all real.
    They should be provided with intensive help, then,perhaps another short-listed should be done.
    But, before all that, use all what we have.
    HH and KBH are still in the team as well, are you saying they have capabilities as well. We need to accept reality, we got a bunch of dead woods and free loaders in the team. You can provide them with whatever intensive help, coaching, dish out a few Datuk titles ... they will still be a bunch of dead woods. You can train a dongkey, at the end of the day it will still be a dongkey. It wont turn into a stallion no matter how hard you cheer, shout or beat em' Boleh gongs.

We should discard them, save the money and use it on the 12 - 15 years olds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we say the 4 are in some elite squad, thats even worse. It is embarrassing. We need to do justice to the word; elite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    the next lee chong wei isnt made out yet.... LEE CHONG WEI junior is yet to be made... we need to wait another 20years or so for him to grow up
    Who wants another LCW?? We dont want another village champion who is mentally weak. We want a true champion/s , not another village shuttler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMichael View Post
    In my opinion, Zulfadli will be the next big thing in badminton
    The upgraded Taufik Hidayat... He's got the skills, the mental toughness... currently no one at his age can take him... only thing left for him to build is his physical strength but this will gradually build up once he's grown slightly older.

Jason
    yes...but he lost to wong wing ki....in dutch junior....one of the contender of wjc this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yes...but he lost to wong wing ki....in dutch junior....one of the contender of wjc this year
    I gotta ask what happened at that match... maybe I'll get to see him monday night at sba as his mum asked me to go spar with him there ... maybe that match he got food poisoning ....haha.... that's usually their reason for losing in europe....

and oh yeah... how old is wong wing ki???? is he 16 yrs old ? same age with zulfadli?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

possibly, but when LCW made his breakthrough, there were still some pretty good players out there, like PG, TH, BCL, CH and of course LD. out of those mentioned, i don't dispute LD is the most dominant, but LCW is sitting pretty amongst the rest.

If MAS were to produce another player to even challenge PG, TH, BCL or CJ, i'd be mighty impressed, not to mention relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    another theory.
    is it lcw gotten better recently or is it MS's below him are degenerating faster? Just like MAS, countries like INA, DEN, SG, Thailand, vietnam, etc don't have great new rookies waiting in the wing. It's all relative. SDK, boonsak, WCH, have slipped a lot. PG and TH, just hanging in there between lcw and the other rest. LD of course, sitting on the crown chair with no equal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMichael View Post
    I gotta ask what happened at that match... maybe I'll get to see him monday night at sba as his mum asked me to go spar with him there ... maybe that match he got food poisoning ....haha.... that's usually their reason for losing in europe....

and oh yeah... how old is wong wing ki???? is he 16 yrs old ? same age with zulfadli?
    hehe...pm me after u ask...hehe...

i think wwk is now 18 already....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like u r so good in talking bad about them..do u really think u can find a new lin dan in china?i can assured u it wont happen same as the situation it is in mas..it is very rare to find such a complete player..even in china they have so many talents but some of them did lost to our mjs..remember in german open?du peng yu lost to cwf,lu yi lost to tcs in last year mas open..if ur saying this group is useless then i think the same can be say to those china juniors as well..wat is so embarrassing bout that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    If we say the 4 are in some elite squad, thats even worse. It is embarrassing. We need to do justice to the word; elite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waja11 View Post
    It seems like u r so good in talking bad about them..do u really think u can find a new lin dan in china?i can assured u it wont happen same as the situation it is in mas..it is very rare to find such a complete player..even in china they have so many talents but some of them did lost to our mjs..remember in german open?du peng yu lost to cwf,lu yi lost to tcs in last year mas open..if ur saying this group is useless then i think the same can be say to those china juniors as well..wat is so embarrassing bout that?
    Look at the big picture. Big picture, please. Dont kid yourself with 'remember German Open where DPY lost to CWF, in Mas Open where Lu Yi lost to TCS etc'. Those are syiok sendiri syndrome. If you want to compare, compare the big picture. Do you know how many major titles China have won in badminton?? We cant even compare to Denmark, let alone China.

Worry about us first before you want to worry about China not being able to find another LD. China know what they are doing, the major titles in their cabinet is testimony that they can produce results. We just need to look at ourselves first and please dont be deluded with our CWF beat DPY and TCS beat Lu Yi etc etc. Do note our juniors or so called 'elite' shuttlers are now in their early 20s already, do you see any breakthroughs from these bunch of 'elite' shuttlers??? Or you are still in happy land over them beating some chinese shuttlers here and there.

Again, big picture ... please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see...now they are in elite squad eh????why i dunno????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i see...now they are in elite squad eh????why i dunno????
    Ya lah, since when those 4 promoted from elite back-up to elite ?? They just got into elite back-up in 2009. Elite supposed to be LCW & WMC only.
    Hafiz is somewhere in between, if he lasts that long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    I amazed there are some who are still hoping for CWF, Liew Daren, Arif or that TCS to make the grade. All of them are already in their 20s and if they have not made their breakthroughs by now, they aint gonna cut it. Our current batch of juniors are just below average shuttlers. Waste of money and effort to keep them.

And for those who are adopting a 'lets wait and see' or 'anything can happen between now and 2012', I guess I have this to say, keep on hoping and maybe throw in a prayer or two or sacrifice a goat.

Who can replace LCW?? No one at the moment. We should discard the current batch of juniors as they are going to be a bunch of underachievers. Our next LCW (hopefully a better version than the curent 'village' one) are now between 12 - 15 years old. Yes, our next champions are now in school either in Form 1 to Form 3. If we dont have a scouting network then our coaches (some new ones rather than some substandard ones) ought to search and visit every school in the country to discover our next champion/s.
    This one has an element of truth, yet you cannot use this to generalise.

OK look back to the past junior WC. remember LCW, BCL, LD, sony all reached the s/final stage of the same tournament. Yet LCW was the last to breakthrough to the senior ranks.

Is it a development problem? Are present MAS juniors being restricted in opportunities that t'fore restricts their senior development?
    is it really true a 'generation gap' has occurred in talent?
    Last edited by Cheung; 03-14-2009 at 05:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post

Is it a development problem? Are present MAS juniors being restricted in opportunities that t'fore restricts their senior development?
    is it really true a 'generation gap' has occurred in talent?
    well...there is some problem for years...and this year....bam have change some negative problem toward a positive way.......but not yet POSITIVE....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about wong choong hann

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kooixh View Post