Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    goh/tan same age with ow/yew
    but overshadowed by nelson/teo
    so they didnt send to wjc this year
    Too bad, as we seem to have only one reliable pair next year in the form of Nelson/Teo. Hopefully another one will come up. Not often we see all-MAS finals!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course more is better
    but yap kim hock and poh chai boon had done their best in bd department

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malaysia has not done enough to train new people. We have world junior champion, why can't they shine in world big tournament? Are them given enough opportunity to participate? Are them trained enough ? At one point I thought Chong Wei Feng can replace Lee Chong Wei, but his performance in recent tournaments ........

http://badmintonclip.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronhor View Post
    Malaysia has not done enough to train new people. We have world junior champion, why can't they shine in world big tournament? Are them given enough opportunity to participate? Are them trained enough ? At one point I thought Chong Wei Feng can replace Lee Chong Wei, but his performance in recent tournaments ........

http://badmintonclip.blogspot.com/
    Similarly, i predict Arif was the one who can replace him as he is in the same boat with Chen Long and Tago......while Tago gave him a hard time in this year All England and Chen Long has already beaten Datuk LCW, either Arif and the other backup are still tooooo far away as far as recent international achievements are concern. To replace Datuk, they need to have a tough mentality and willingness to improve very hard like Datuk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious, is Arif under BAM, elite back-up or junior team?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Just curious, is Arif under BAM, elite back-up or junior team?
    He is one of the BAM elite back-up players together with Chong Wei Feng etc. The junior players are Iskandar, Misbun R, Syawal etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biarlah mereka pergi: Zolkples (Let Then go)

by Hussain Said
    hussain@bharian.com.my
    2011/01/05

‘BAM tidak akan terjejas kerana Misbun hanya latih Chong Wei seorang

"JIKA kedua-duanya (Datuk Misbun Sidek dan Lee Chong Wei) menerima tawaran lebih baik di luar, biarlah mereka pergi."

Zolkples yakin tindakan Misbun dan Chong Wei keluar dari BAM tidak akan menjejaskan misi memburu pingat emas di Sukan Olimpik London 2012 mahu pun badan induk itu sendiri.

“Sebaliknya, BAM boleh menggunakan kewangan yang ada untuk membimbing dan melahirkan lebih ramai Chong Wei baru.
    (produce more new Chong Wei)

[…]

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...lkples/Article

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most confident statement ever for 2011. If this is a script from a movie, i think he would already won an oscar for it. For all this years, does he realise that one of the biggest dilemma BAM is facing is to produce Datuk LCW replacement that can continue his footprint of success once he retired. I doubt maybe he knows the pools of players that we currrently have in the elite and junior back-up as well as their achievements history. Unless the above statement is meant usable for the next 10-15 years from now.

If all the back-up now are amoung the top 5 in the BWF rankings and already able to beat Datuk LCW and the other top players, then its another story, but judging by the current BAM pool of single players and their achievements, not to mention with the current on-going scenario, the above statements will only be possible while dreaming as far as for the next few years is concern.

****While just finishing writing this post, Datuk LCW just defeated Tian Ngun Yin 21-12/21-17. Congratulation***

Last edited by shooting stroke; 01-05-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay now that Zolkpes have " pijak kepala " of Ahmad Shabery .. boleh then .. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    Biarlah mereka pergi: Zolkples (Let Then go)

by Hussain Said
    hussain@bharian.com.my
    2011/01/05

‘BAM tidak akan terjejas kerana Misbun hanya latih Chong Wei seorang

"JIKA kedua-duanya (Datuk Misbun Sidek dan Lee Chong Wei) menerima tawaran lebih baik di luar, biarlah mereka pergi."

Zolkples yakin tindakan Misbun dan Chong Wei keluar dari BAM tidak akan menjejaskan misi memburu pingat emas di Sukan Olimpik London 2012 mahu pun badan induk itu sendiri.

“Sebaliknya, BAM boleh menggunakan kewangan yang ada untuk membimbing dan melahirkan lebih ramai Chong Wei baru.
    (produce more new Chong Wei)

[…]

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...lkples/Article

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most confident statement ever for 2011. If this is a script from a movie, i think he would already won an oscar for it. For all this years, does he realise that one of the biggest dilemma BAM is facing is to produce Datuk LCW replacement that can continue his footprint of success once he retired. I doubt maybe he knows the pools of players that we currrently have in the elite and junior back-up as well as their achievements history. Unless the above statement is meant usable for the next 10-15 years from now.

If all the back-up now are amoung the top 5 in the BWF rankings and already able to beat Datuk LCW and the other top players, then its another story, but judging by the current BAM pool of single players and their achievements, not to mention with the current on-going scenario, the above statements will only be possible while dreaming as far as for the next few years is concern.

****While just finishing writing this post, Datuk LCW just defeated Tian Ngun Yin 21-12/21-17. Congratulation***

To be honest, I don't think he knows anything about badminton, nor have a clue about the gravity of the situation. Either way, the ignorance is appalling and he is obviously not very good at thinking things out. Wonder what's keeping him as the sport director as I don't see him possessing knowledge that is vital for that role? Maybe Malaysia have a different criteria when it comes to selecting a candidate for the position. After all, he has a Dato title(equivalent to knighthood in UK?), *cough*!

I suspect he is one of the candidate, who LCW labelled as the one who lack appreciation when LCW won titles.
    Last edited by lcleing; 01-05-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    To be honest, I don't think he knows anything about badminton, nor have a clue about the gravity of the situation. Either way, the ignorance is appalling and he is obviously not very good at thinking things out. Wonder what's keeping him as the sport director as I don't see him possessing knowledge that is vital for that role? Maybe Malaysia have a different criteria when it comes to selecting a candidate for the position. After all, he has a Dato title(equivalent to knighthood in UK?), *cough*!

I suspect he is one of the candidate, who LCW labelled as the one who lack appreciation when LCW won titles.
    Errr, Datuk Z is NSC Director, in charge of all sports in Msia, not BAM. I think Datuk Z was from other sports. Then again, even BAM President (Dato N)is from Proton & not ex badminton player.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Errr, Datuk Z is NSC Director, in charge of all sports in Msia, not BAM. I think Datuk Z was from other sports. Then again, even BAM President (Dato N)is from Proton & not ex badminton player.
    I know he is in charge of alot of sport but don't you think that he should really refrain from commenting on BAM's business when he really has no idea on what he is talking about? If I am not mistaken, he is the one and only one who 'talked alot' (in an extremely annoying way) during the Thomas cup and World Championship event(not forgetting commonwealth and asian game) while others remain pretty much silent.

And yes I know what you were trying to say eagle, that 'DaTO' N was likely to be the main culprit behind the lack of appreciation case but I also think the 'DaTO' Z is also one of them. They are all talks but no...
    Last edited by lcleing; 01-05-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm not trying to say BAM President is main culprit cos I think it's someone else. As for Datuk Z, he's always that way, this time say should let them go cos that's the Sports Minister's tune. Thank goodness current Sports Minister is a cool guy, better than the one in 2008 case.

ANyway, we digress. Who can replace LCW? Maybe have to wait for LCW to train up one after he retires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post

Very well said! Second! He always only like to expect more from badminton, and if badminton fail to deliver the goods, he will always commenting this and that..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need no much attention on his craps talks ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worry, Misbun's son Ramadan will take over LCW soon... boleh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the current on going scenario...its just better for us to be positive......Misbun Ramdhan boleh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please get the name correct, its ramdan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast