How to deal with ppl on this forum in a secure way?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by beef1218, Mar 14, 2009.

1. beef1218

beef1218 Regular Member

student
    Hi,
    I am new here. And I'm trying to buy a used racket from another kinda new member on this forum. He offered a price including shipping.

What is a secure way to deal? I have no experience on dealing with people online. Now, the only way I can think of is using paypal. (I send money from my paypal account to his paypal account. Then he shipped the racket with a tracking number) But I don't know how good the Paypal Dispute Resolution system is if anything thing goes wrong. Is that secure enough?

Please give me some suggestions. Thank you!

To my friend who I am dealing with: If you happen to see this thread, please don't feel offended. This is nothing personal. I am just trying to find a secure way to purchase.

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Paypal should be OK. I'm sure the member you're buying from won't try and rip you off.

Bare in mind with Paypal, there may be charges involved for the seller and he/she may ask you to cover this cost because you opted to use Paypal.

3. beef1218

beef1218 Regular Member

student
    Thank you Danstevens. It looks that she suggested using paypal too. Now I'm just waiting for her final confirm before I send the money.