should i get a at700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MicroLobster, Mar 14, 2009.

1. MicroLobster

MicroLobster Regular Member

I am currently using at900t and I was wondering if I should get a at700.i am mostly a smasher type and can defend. I am looking for a racket that will help improve my smashes.ty:D

#1 MicroLobster, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    You'd probably find the AT900P an easier transition cause the stiffness is similar. AT700 has a different kick point cause of the longer shaft, and has a shorter handle... if you're willing to sacrifice a bit of speed for a bit of power, the AT900P will be great.

That being said I use myself the AT900T and the AT700, but there's a big different and there is a major adjusting period between using each racquet.

3. MicroLobster

thx athlete. I wouldn't mind about the adjusting time but I was wondering how much of a difference it is compared to the AT900P. How much power is the at700 compared to the AT900P and also defense

#3 MicroLobster, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  4. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Dear MicroLobster:),

If your game play is more into offensive (smasher type), and then Yonex Armortec 900t is already a good choice since it can already deliver the punch that you need. So why should you downgrade to AT700?. AT900T is still a good bet for a smasher since it's among the high end product from the Armortec series (Head heavy rackets) that is built for offensive players. Unless after you're using it frequently and you don't feel that the racket can't deliver, you should focus to other area first to improve your smashes i.e improving wristwork, smashing technique and adaptation for a suitable stringing load and type of string used as if this area is not well improve, regardless what racket you used, you will still feel unsatisfied:(.

But then if you want to used an AT700, it is also a good racket of choice for a smasher like you (see chart below).

[​IMG]

5. jensen9173

jensen9173 Regular Member

The most head heavy is AT700 compare to AT900P. If you like to smash then AT700 will be good! I bought a brand new AT700 this week and I like it.:D

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I dont think its the type of racket u use make u a better smasher, its practise makes perfect.

7. MicroLobster

thx if any of u ppl have tried the AT900P and the AT700 could u give me some ratings about them compared to each other and the AT900T. TY:D

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    900P is stiffer n head lighter compared to AT700(if u mean the new colour).Using AT700 will exhaust u faster than using 900P.If u like ur 900T,then u should get 900P.700 new colour IMO is preety different than the rest of the ATs.If u really wanna have 700,then u should buy the 4Us.Or u can get the pricey old colour.

9. MicroLobster

thx smichz if i would buy the power or 700 i would of bought the 4U. what is the difference of the AT700 new colour compared to the old and limited

10. painkilla86

painkilla86 Regular Member

student
    i just love my at700 ltd with nbg98 @ 24.

Recently i just had a smash where everything whas perfect and hell the speed was just amazing. Though you'l need some agility to make it effective in defence.

11. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    So ... can tell the difference about at900p and at700le?

From what i heard .. at900p is easy to defend but hard to smash .. youll feel like you on gear 3-4 .
    But at700(i dont know le)youll feel like you on gear 1 ...

If im wrong correct me .... Have anymore?

12. MicroLobster

So if you use tha at900p and can smash with it but feels like gear 3-4 compared to at700 when you smash it feels like gear 1 which one will be able to smash harder by the same person excluding the feel.TY:D

13. Amin Khalili

Student
    No such thing as perfect .... practise make better

14. Amin Khalili

Student
    What the different between old and new at700?

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have a 900t and a coulple of days ago I swapped racquets with my freinds 900p and I tell you I hit the most powerful smash in my life Ill tell you the word power Is an understatment it was immensece

16. invisbear

invisbear Regular Member

student
    well, my 3U AT700 is a hammer...smashes are very powerful but its just too heavy...

I'm using my 4U AT900P and I'm really in love with it, smashes are very powerful too and I find it better to get better angles, and almost everything else is better, and very good for doubles :) However it did took me a few days to get used to the AT900P.