Results 18 to 27 of 27
04-09-2009, 07:09 AM #18
An underarm forehand crosscourt when caught out deep in the backhand corner, this takes hours of practice for something which only gets used seldomly but gets huge applause. When you're really stretching into the backhand rearcourt this is the last resort!!!!
04-09-2009, 07:27 AM #19
I'm fairly new, so I'm not sure of my trademark shot.
Maybe the fake jump smash drop.
Some of the club members pointed out that I am extremely lucky and hit shots into the net tape only to have it tumble to the other side.
I didn't realize that before they pointed it out, but it does happen quite a number of times whenever I play.
Maybe that's the trademark shot.
04-09-2009, 11:21 AM #20
Any net poach shot. Typically in doubles, one of us will drive their smashes, and then we pause for a moment, and right before they pull off their shot, if it looks like they're trying to drop so that they can make us clear and get the attack back, one of us will rush the net and poach. BOOM. XD
It backfires when they wait longer and then drive down the line though.
04-10-2009, 01:01 AM #21
MY favorite shot? The Taufik Hidayat Backhand Smash.
I, like Drifit, just attempt to get it over the net.
04-10-2009, 02:07 AM #22
04-10-2009, 06:30 AM #23
my trademark-shot is when i play mixed-doubles. i recieve a hard, flat shot i the middle left side of the court (i'm right-handed) - then i slice the bird perfectly to cross it and put it just before the opposite line, and about 30 cm from the net
04-10-2009, 08:04 AM #24
my trade mark shot is a strong forehand overhead stroke as a deception. eventially its a forehand drop straight, in the middle or cross. i like this shot a lot. very sneaky though but works for me sofar. move, open up and execute! dont give your opponent a sneakpeak in what shot going to take until you hit the shuttlecock. that my definition of my deception forehand overhead.
(i have NO CLUE at what level this shot is )
04-15-2009, 10:04 PM #25
my favorite shot is cutting off an attacking clear with a wrist only flick smash. It wins rallies 70% of the time, and of the remaining 30% - 90% of those returns will be a straight netshot which i anticipate knowing that they cant do anything else unless they are really good.
edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QA2WUhrP90, see the winning shot for the rally at 4:31.
my friend however, has a trademark shot that trumps ALL of yours. Actually he has 2. One is called the shank winner. And the other is called the overhead netroll.
Last edited by t3tsubo; 04-15-2009 at 10:13 PM.
04-16-2009, 10:15 PM #26
Mine would be cross court drop but I use it way too much.
Either that or the hold and flick. But not so much of a flick, more of a push, so a hold and push I guess.
04-17-2009, 03:39 AM #27
i have 2
my jump cross court reverse slice drop from the back hand rear corner
no2 is my falling birdie cross court net shot for a wide short serve. i hold and let the bird fall till it nearly touches the ground,then i flick it cross court. only mange to pull it off against beginners with 0 pressure as i usually hit it out against a player better than me
By konohapeace in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 3: 10-27-2011, 09:30 PM
By lalalala in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 4: 10-11-2010, 04:01 AM
By Athelete1234 in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 34: 01-30-2010, 10:56 AM
By Deathsticks in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 20: 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM
By Shadowdrgn20 in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 21: 01-09-2008, 04:50 PM