what will be Indonesian Badminton Future??

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Yong_Hui, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Yong_Hui

Yong_Hui Regular Member

Accountant
    4 SS has done this year, with only 1 title grabbed by INA.
    I Think this year is worst year for INA badminton
    How to solve it???
    In my opinion the problem is in PBSI internal, the management gave big input for this result

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    The problem now with Indonesia team is young players are not coming up, sony form is inconsistence and also Taufik after he got marry, he dont seem to be winning any title!

3. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    This thread, i think, is a follow-up for the 'Indonesia Badminton' thread.
    So, what had been stated there, are all the problems and solutions to answer this thread question.

Good to refresh them, however.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I have a feeling Indonesian badminton is now on a slow decline. Maybe money or lack of it has something to do with it. This happened once more than a decade ago after the Asian financial crisis. It then came back slowly. But now the new global financial crisis has dealt another blow, which it may find harder to recover than the first crisis.
    There was a time Indonesia was unbeatable in many Thomas Cup finals; but today it will be lucky to be ranked 3rd. It is perhaps more correct to say that Indonesia is now behind China, Korea, Malaysia, and Denmark. How sad and what a fall from no. 1.

5. SAMUDERAINDIA

SAMUDERAINDIA Regular Member

Finance Manager
    what about corruption? Perhaps this is not the main factor of the decline but I m sure contributing, if not accelerating it.

I just bought SHB 100 from a good friend of mine, as no stock available he called his friend an after few hours, i got the shoes and just then I knew it was pelatnas shoes, (national training camp). My friend also bought Nanospeed 9000 from it. Those were new equipments, so either some players sold it for money or some corrupt officials sold the player's equipment

This just one example, if the corruption is extensive then I think Indonesian badminton future will be grim

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

A check on last 3-4 years results has shown that INA traditionally DON'T DO WELL in the first 3-4 mths of the year. Want some proof, here's the stats:

2006 -- a big fat 0 in the European tourneys, only Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir managed to win the ABC 2006, which normally is held in April.

2007 -- likewise, a big fat 0 in the 4 Super Series events, with Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa winning that solitary SS title in the Singapore SS 2007 in June, and before that Taufik Hidayat in the ABC 2007.

2008 -- a rare win in the Malaysia SS by Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan and then 0 in the next few events till...u guess it right, the Singapore SS 2008. Well, Flandy/Vita did win the BAC 2008.

2009 -- another win in the Malaysia SS by Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir, and then 0 in the Korea and European events. Same pattern as the previous year. No big surprises.

If the trend continues, we should expect to win a title in the Badminton Asia Championships 2009 in Suwon.

#6 badMania, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  7. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Let's be optimistic

It's still March. ;)

And I may be wrong, but in the past, there were times when our achievement was even worse than now.

Never lose hope.:)

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    relax...even mas player just have 3 titles....hehe....

9. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    no no...with all due respect, lets not make this an excuse or a tradition...we should be performing better than this...we should be eyeing for every title there is to grab (like the chinese army)...God forbids if this so called tradition keeps going, we'll never be able to improve...
    what i think Cipayung should do is to start sending off young players in order to make room for regeneration ASAP...we're running out of players....for example we've only got 2 MS players (excluding taufik) who are barely keeping constant performances, and they've been competing for as long as i can remember yet there is still no one to replace them...
    our MD players are ok...but their performances have been as low as they can get compared to the previous generations of MD players...
    frankly im quite worried abt this...and i believe cipayung should involve more talent scouts to expand our talent pool...

10. badadum

badadum Regular Member

That's all fine and dandy, but do you have several millions dollars to spare for the development expense for those young players? PBSI surely can use that moola. ;)

11. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    hahaha...that's always been the case hasnt it?...money...
    if im not mistaken...this problem only occurred a few years after Soeharto had fallen...moreover, when Soeharto was in charge, athletes got to fly to compete for free, due to the military plane service provided (pls correct me if im mistaken)...
    what made us the greatest and most dominant country in badminton years back when we had won thomas cup 5x in a row?when we had 7 MS players in the top 10 rank?
    im sure if PBSI traced back to those years and figure out what went wrong and actually make significant/drastic change to what PBSI is today, we'll be able to beat china any day of the week....lets face it, our talent pool is large, its jst a matter of finding players like taufik, sigit and tony...each of these ledgends has a distinct style of play, pure talent...we desperately need players like them...
    and as for our main source of pain, isnt the cipayung squad sponsored by amway now?how big of value is the contract?...we need more/bigger sponsors...china has fedex mas has proton, we definitely need something that is at least equavalent to our rivals' sponsors, if we were to beat them...the stronger dough flow, the more we can get out of it...

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err....have you read those Boleh threads where there's complaints about BAM wasting taxpayers money in sending mostly underachievers to international tourneys?

The key is not numbers of titles won, but also the quality of titles! Despite the difficulties we have in terms of funding, INA shuttlers have proven that they can deliver the goods when it matters (2 titles in WC 2005, 1 Asian Games Gold in 2006, another 2 WC titles in 2007, 1 Olympics Gold in 2008).

I am sure I am not the one fan here who see that the changes in the PBSI administration (and the little chaos from the contract handling thingy) should bring us to greater heights. But, it takes time....

13. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    yeah i get what you mean, and i agree...we havent been winning a lot...but the titles that we actually won, meant a lot more than jst a few SS titles...
    however, it doesnt hurt PBSI admin to come up with a little bit more effort (like BAM) in order to bring a little control over this chaotic period...we should be building an army to conquer once again!we shouldnt be satisfied with only one or two titles in WC or OG...we should be going for every gold there is!c'mon man...even sony was satisfied enough to bring lin dan to a three-setter...thats not the right mentality...'if you're not first, you're last' that kind of attitude is needed very much...
    to do that, it will take time, and as i had mentioned before, there wont be any titles for a while...but does that mean PBSI should concentrate more on regeneration?or should they divide their concern to win TC/WC/sudirman cup as well?at the end, they have to decide which one to choose...until then, im still utterly disappointed in the new PBSI admin (and players) although to be fair they've only been running the place for a few months...

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    New PBSI is ready to groom young players ...Pak Joko is willing to take risks..
    I heard so far Telkomsel is ready to sponsor PBSI and PBSI is waiting for others ( hopefully, Pertamina) then PBSI will know how much the fund they have..

Regarding AMWAY..it is only for several players only...at the beginning, AMWAY was willing to pay good amount for 6 players to put their names on their FRONT shirts then PBSI changed their mind and did not allow it...thats why those players ended up doing advertisement for AMWAY ......

15. otaclub

otaclub Regular Member

College Student
    i hope INA player can do better in the near future..

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, we should wait the result of major bdm tourney, two BWF events in this year Sudirman Cup and World Championships. Hopefully INA bdm glorious will be back, it's the matter of time...

17. Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool Regular Member

badminton
    All start with management, mgmt not so good - the future is dark and gloomy.
    This applies to all country.
    End.

18. sari_nov

sari_nov Regular Member

Doctor
    c'mon guy's...!!

we will be okay..
    i'm sure we can figure it out..

so..smangat..!!

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    So, should we in INA give up?!? :rolleyes: NO! :mad: Never~~!

We will fight on! :) ;) We will still do and give our very best regardless of lack of funds, lack of government support, inept officials, inept management, wasteful unproductive practices, blabla, but we will continue improving ourselves with whatever we have [regardless of how poisonous the situation currently is]! We will still compete with the rest of the planet and one day, ..one day ...bright glorious badminton days shall return to our country!

We shall return! China toyed with us for the most part of the 1980s... We lost big time in 1986, 1988, 1990 Thomas competition. In 1992, MAS also defeated INA in the Thomas Cup... But then... between 1994 to 2004, we kept the Thomas Cup for a good 10 years! Yes, right now Li Yongbo's troops are running away with numerous titles and everyone else seems like roadkill... but INA will keep holding on, keep being in the game, one day, we shall return to badminton world dominance! We are far from finished!

20. badadum

badadum Regular Member

You really need to reconsider "not running for PBSI head until <xxxx> years thingy"!! At the very least you'll win the BC vote for the next PBSI Head (not that it;ll count or anything though). :D