User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow When playing Doubles, partners are encouraged to talk and communicate

Quote Originally Posted by Nanox View Post

Few weeks ago, i was playing double with these two kids. When we are playing game, they start talking stuffs like don't hit over there and some stupid stuffs. During the entire game, they never shut up, they were like laughing and not playing seriously during the game. Is it allow to talk during the game? I mean they are not whispering, they are like chatting so loud that i can hear from the other side. In the end, me and my partner killed them, but our scores are very close because of their distraction and stuffs. I really want to slap them after our game finish. If you faced the same opponent what would you do? I already try to ignore them, but its just hard.

When playing Doubles, partners are actually encouraged to talk and communicate.

It is to help partners, like:
    * telling how to position themselves during a rally,
    * telling who is to take a particular shot,
    * informing if the shuttle is going to be out
    * suggesting what selection of shot is best to be executed,
    * encouraging partner to play harder,
    * etc ......

If it is related to the rallies, it shouldn't be distracting. It sometimes even helps opponents; telling opponents what they are intending to do.

If finding the talking distracting, perhaps you would find playing Singles more enjoyable. But don't be surprised if you find some Singles players talk to themselves too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

communication is a massive part of doubles. dont hold back.

But dont be an idiot and be disrespective using talking as a tactic......thats not even slightly inteligent.
    As iv said before.

"If you need to find some sort of cheap tactic in order to gain an advantage over your opponent such as, yelling, making noises, arguing for the sake of slowing the point/play down, rather than relying on your skill and knowledge of the game, then my friends you are nowhere near a tru sportsmen."

And if this was a social game where they were talking having fun mucking around...then what the hell does it matter lol.

Social = nonserious fun for most people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanox View Post
    Alright guys.
    Few weeks ago, i was playing double with these two kids. When we are playing game, they start talking stuffs like don't hit over there and some stupid stuffs. During the entire game, they never shut up, they were like laughing and not playing seriously during the game. Is it allow to talk during the game? I mean they are not whispering, they are like chatting so loud that i can hear from the other side. In the end, me and my partner killed them, but our scores are very close because of their distraction and stuffs. I really want to slap them after our game finish. If you faced the same opponent what would you do? I already try to ignore them, but its just hard.
    Since the game was for fun, you can always stop it or say something, when your opponent acts kind of weird. If the game is however more serious, just ask kindly and firmly to stop kidding.

I actually never get disturbed by trash talking, for me it's quite contrary part of badminton fun . I join in, if somebody starts kidding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what you can do is just serve right away (like as soon as you get the birdie), and then they'll call for "let", do that for a while, im pretty sure they'll get the point after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One cannot really object to communications between partners and there are some limitations to this. If they are talking when the shuutle is live and on your side, you can claim to be distracted and it is a fault against your opponent. If they are talking in between rallies so that you cannot get on with the game, not only may the distraction fault also apply, but there can also be a fault of deliberately delaying play (see rule 16.6.1) I usually just ask them whether they are here to play or talk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2