Why my attacking clears land always out of limits?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by ALERIN, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ALERIN

ALERIN Regular Member

This is something lately is getting me crazy and even i'm afraid to play this kind of shot. I do not know what is happening but a hughe percentage of my attacking clears are deflected to the right or left but alway out of the court when playing singles :crying::crying::crying:

I'm a weak player so i need to put a lot of effort to try to get the baseline maybe this aim to gain distance is reducing my accuracy?, is my grip wrong? what can i do to improve?

There is no way to win a match if i miss 10 or 12 shots :(:(

2. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    My guess would be you're swinging your arm across your body and either hitting it too early or too late. Try using more of a wrist action..

3. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    The wrong grip definitely would cause you to slice your shots
    I'm not sure, but I'd have thought if it was a problem with your grip then you'd only be hitting wide to one side though, not both.

If you are not hitting the shuttle directly in front of you, then maybe your timing is just off?

Since you say you have trouble clearing deep anyway, I'd guess there's something fundamentally wrong with your hitting action. I think you should get advice from someone who's actually seen you play, and preferably a coach.

Until you sort it out, you just have to play a bit safe - don't try and place your shots right in the corners. I think with clears (vs average opponent), a shot that lands a foot inside the sidelines is about 90% as effective as a shot on the line anyway, and like you say - you can't afford to make that number of unforced errors.