Looking to buy new Carlton racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by andyv, Mar 16, 2009.

1. andyv

andyv New Member

Hi everyone, I am new here. I have started playing some badminton again after what is quite a few years... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I fancy a new racket and wish to "decommission" my Carlton Aerogear 700FX since I consider it more of a collector's item.

It was the best racket I have ever played with and suited my style of play (that's relying on movement and technical ability rather than just smashing as hard as you can!). I don't want to play with it forever and I probably need to move on...

It was a very accurate racket and you could smash and almost place the shuttle at times. Lethal in the right hands!

From the research I have done online I am eyeing up two rackets: Carlton Fireblade S-Lite and Fireblade Tour. You notice I like Carlton rackets!

I am edging towards the S-Lite but I cannot remember what the specs were on the 700FX. I want something similar if possible. To me the head feels quite light, the shaft feels medium to stiff-ish and the balance feels medium.

Tour would likely be too stiff for my liking. Any thoughts? :)

Just one other thing - yes ideally I would test them out but I have no idea where to try them. No places I am aware of sell these rackets near me.

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

If you can Still find them in the UK, think about the Powerblade Superlite, From 2005-ish. Excellent rackets, and not too head heavy. Stiffish, and mid feel, just like you said.