KLIPPERMATE Stringing Machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Unknown, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Unknown

Unknown Regular Member

2. HKFreak

HKFreak Regular Member

Student
    not a good choice, because it's drop weight. One thing not accurate and not very efficient., take very long time. Doesn't have enough support because only 2 points. If you string high tension very likely to break your expensive racquet. It should worth around 135 US dollars for brand new.
    Good luck. Hope this will help.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ok though for low tensioned aluminium and steel frame racquets

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    cheap and built to stay that way

if you can keep the bid below 75 you probably got yourself a good deal.

if you are looking to string an occasional racquet or two, and time is not an important factor, this would be an okay choice, although not my choice. a two point stringer is adequate for most tensions however you need to take a close look at the actual mountings on these posts. if it is a simple bolt and wing-nut assembly, the racquet head could shift during pulls. also most of these lower end models will not have a very strong frame, and the frame itself will move and shift during a high tension pull.

the drop weight system is usually very reliable, but you need to develop the technique to use it properly or else your tension can vary by quite a bit. this model does not have a gripper for the string, i think it uses either a cam method or two hand method. this takes a bit more time to tension, but not overly complicated. the nice thing about these units is that they are quite portable and you can easily pack it with you along for tournaments.

one of my friends who sold me his prince stringer bought this model directly from klipper. he says it works for him, but of course he regrets selling me his older unit. from a time to string standpoint he mentioned that it takes him an extra 10 to 15 minutes using the klipper versus using his old machine. the benefit is that he can hide it under the sofa after he's done, whereas the older unit is taking up one corner of my basement.

#4 badrad, Aug 23, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2002
  5. Unknown

Unknown Regular Member

thanks everyone, I think I should pass on this auction, will save more money for a better machine. :)