Ronald Susilo

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2002' started by whizkelv, Aug 24, 2002.

1. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

He is sizzling hot, played like man possessed!
    Scalping one top player after the other.... will he take the title tomorrow beating another former All England champion, Chen Hong?

2. modious

modious Regular Member

If R.Susilo was playing against Xia Xuanze, his chances of winning are slimmer IMO.
    Ronald Susilo is good.... he nearly beat Taufik Hidayat in their previous 2 meetings, both going all the way to rubber sets I believe.

Well maybe Channel 5 will be showing the Finals LIVE tomorrow since R.Susilo is playing! I mean, Channel 5 is the one of the sponsers (offical broadcasters?) of the Singapore Open and they've not shown any at all?? Disappointing.

3. GF_Flex

GF_Flex Regular Member

IT
    He's got what it takes!

I watched this guy at the commonwealth games and man did he surprise me! Just the way he moves about the court, he does it with such grace. Also, he looks so relaxed, even when he is defending off these hard smashes!

Well, I do hope he wins the title. I think there's a very bright future ahead of him.

4. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

They're indeed showing the finals tomorrow, but only the MS, at 4.15pm on Channel 5.

5. gnulab

gnulab New Member

I've never been to any major badminton competition.

But the closest thing I've encounter with, is actually talking to Ronald Susilo. We're friends, wonder if he still keeps his mobile number.

He sure is graceful, LOL, that was in 1996, when he was in ACS(I) dealing with secs schs players.

6. patrick01

patrick01 Regular Member

office
    ronald

i think he is a good player i saw him play at the commonwealth games as i attended all sessions (30 mins from my home) so i was lucky, saw some good badminton overall and really enjoyed it