strategy

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by zic, Aug 24, 2002.

1. zic

zic New Member

worked at mcdonalds over the summer...
    Hey Jonas :), my friend made this badminton strategy webpage, he is in need of more people to post up their strategy, techniques, ways they warm up, etc. will you or anyone else at that matter check the site out and share with us your strategy and techniques.The site is badstrats.cjb.net . Thank you JR and everyone else for your time.

2. nSmash

nSmash Regular Member

Computer Engineer
    Good stuff!!

3. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Hi Zic!!

Nice site!!

You can ask me the questions here on badmintonforum and copy my answer to your site!! I don`t have the time to write on two different forums at the moment, but would like you or some of your friends to ask me the questions here so badmintonforumfans also get the information!!

This will save me some time, but it may stress you a bit more!!

What do you say??

Jonas

4. zic

zic New Member

worked at mcdonalds over the summer...
    Re: Re: strategy

Heh ok :) hmm...what kind of stuff do you do to help you relax during a game? A lot of times I get nervous or i cant think straight and a lot of shots go out or go to the net :( Also what kind of drills and excercises do you do?

5. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Mental Training!!

What do I do to keep my focus??

I`m working on the mental part all the time and I`ve learn some techniques through mental training!!

It`s called NLP = Neuro Linguistic Programming

Neuro means the brain, linguistic is the language and programming is the pictures of various situations that operates your whole being.

Try reading about this subject might help you if you feel nervous or irritated on court!!

It`s very individual!! What works for me might not do you any good!!

Hope you succeed!!

Jonas

6. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    NLP

Oh... I think I know what NLP is.... I learned some of this stuff from volleyball and other sports but it can be applicable to badminton. Here some of it below!.. (I think there are lots of seminars/courses for this kinda stuff, I've seen it on TV...I believe theres even therapy and hypnosis involved. I'm not sure what they do using the hypnosis though.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emotional State - Do you keep your shoulders down, hang your head, stare at the floor (look really down) ??? Put yourself in good posture (ie. look confident) and you will feel more confident.

Visualize - See the future as you want it to be.... (this is supposed to help the mind)

Language - Positive talk about yourself. "I'm working on making less unforced errors" instead of...... "I smash into the net all the time"

Thinking - Never use the words: DON'T, CAN'T, WON'T, NEVER etc. or your brain will be thinking it. "Don't think about a Muscle Power 100".. what are you thinking about? A Muscle Power 100!........ Therefore if you say...."I can't beat my opponent" .... and that is what your brain will be thinking. THE MIND IS VERY POWERFUL!

However, this may not be as easy as it seem. For example: Say you are loosing in a game. One of the questions we naturally ask ourself is, "What am I doing wrong?" That seems like a pefectly good question because you are looking to correct whatever you are doing wrong in order to beat the opponent, right? Wrong. The better question to ask yourself is "What can I do right now to win the game?" In the first question, your brain will answer that question and tell you what you're doing wrong. The second questions, instead of concentrating on what you are doing wrong, the brain will give you answers in how/what you should do to improve the situation and win the game.

Capabilities - Every atheletes see an image of themself of how they play at their best on their best days right? "PEAK PERFORMANCE".... This, however, can restrict your ability to play any better. When you feel you are playing at your "peak", you will automatically come back down to playing how you normally play. If you change your believe about your capabilities, then what you think was your "peak performance" before, will now become the norm.

Oh yes(If I can remember this correctly..) , there is another way of visualization that I learned from volleyball (When I was serving ie. floaters etc..) . Once again, can be applied to badminton. Example: You are serving. Remember (from the above) .. you don't say anything to yourself like "I hope I don't get it in the net" ... say nothing or say "I will get it over.. or something positive" Buttttt thats not what this is about. This is about thinking of an image. When you do get perfect serves, are you thinking of a certain image/colour or whatever? That is the image that you should think about each time you serve. I can't really explain this that well since I don't remember 100% of how it's supposed to be done myself.

This is just some of the stuff ...... which I find pretty useful (although I havn't made an effort to try to apply this to my badminton.. .. maybe I will from now on...) Theres actually a lot more... and I know some more too.. but I just can't think of them right now. I'm actually at work lol....soooo I should be getting back to that as well!
    Hope people benifit from this!

-TDS