Stringing Question

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Xuey1992, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Xuey1992

Xuey1992 Regular Member

Student
    when i compare 2 of my rackets strung by different places, i see that one of them string it with 2 knots tied and the other has 4 knots tied.

so i assume that the one with 2 knots has used 1 long piece of string, and the one with 4 knots has used 2 shorter strings.

if what i assume is right, then can i use two different types of strings, like in tennis?

ie. for eg. get the vertical strings as blue BG65 and the horizontal strings as white BG65?

btw i know nothing about stringing. i just saw my friends tennis racket with yellow horizontal strings and clear vertical strings.

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You can use 2 different strings for a 4 knot stringing. There was a thread of this so search a bit for it.

3. Xuey1992

Xuey1992 Regular Member

Student
    ..... dont get the search thing.....

type in a keyword and get like 100 threads found.
    and a thread may have heaps of pages.
    and one post on one of those pages contain my keyword. :/

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Advance search the titles only, or search up the string forums only. You can try searching up "hybrid stringing". Using quotations makes your search my specific.

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    What you are referring to is a hybrid string job. tennis players love these as they can use a very playable but not durable string (natural gut for example) and hybrid it with a more durable string (a poly maybe). This keeps decent feel (although not as good as the original gut) and better durability (although not as good as a full poly or kevlar job). Other people hybrid to get more spin - people hybrid for all sorts of reasons really but spin and durability are the two main ones.

In badminton, we don't use hybrids really. I'm not sure as to why this is - we just don't. Someone tried it and got mixed results. That was with two different strings like a tennis hybrid though. Check this thread out. Anyway, having a hybrid of the same strings in different colours should be fine. you have to string 2 piece (like you correctly said, 2 bits of string tied with 4 knots) and it'd be fine. Nothing lost or gained (other than the colours you wanted) as in essence, it would just be a normal 2 piece BG-65 job. The only thing to be aware of is that you'd need to use 2 packs of strings and then in order to prevent it costing to much for what it is, save the other halves of each string and use them next time. This would mean they'd lose some feel.

Hope I've helped a little bit at least.