Anyone out there from Santa Clarita?

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by rsumale, Mar 23, 2009.

1. rsumale

rsumale New Member

interior design consultant
    Hi everyone! I'm from Santa Clarita desperately looking for someone to play with in this area. I've been trying to convince my officemates to start playing. Anyone out there from my area?

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, fellow SoCal, rsumale!:)..I know the area, but unfortunately i am not from the area; however, there should be a couple of groups that play in that area.
    Hmm, you may want to check out these places, too (specifically the San Fernando Valley & North Los Angeles places):
    http://scbabadminton.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=27
    I notice you've gotten acquainted in the Places to Play/Local Events->USA West sub-forum. Hope you'll find people to play with..good luck!
    On that note, hope you'll frequent this place often and do enjoy surfing in here!;):cool:

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hello! welcome to the forum!:D

4. clarem

clarem New Member

Legal Secretary
    Hi: I'm Clare and just joined this forum.
    I live in Santa Clarita also and want to start playing badmitten again. I checked on the Internet and it looks like the Santa Clarita Sports Complex has facilities to play. I would love to get a group together and start playing again. I played in highschool and really loved the sport and recently want to get back to playing again. I can call the Sports Complex and see what they say about using their facilities. Will post my findings.

5. clarem

clarem New Member

Legal Secretary
    For those of you interested in playing in Santa Clarita, this is what I found out from the Sports Complex. They use an enclosed court which is normally used for raquet ball and is a bit smaller than the area used for badmitten. They called it shuttle cock rather than badmitten. You can play 2 or 4 to a court. They charge $9.00 an hour per person after 5:00 p.m., $7.00 per person before 5:00 p.m. This is for one hour only. Reservations are recommended. Let me know if anyone is interested. I would play after the 5:00 time slot as I work Monday thru Friday.

6. shannondumdum

shannondumdum New Member

architect/interior designer
    Have you guys started playing badminton yet in santa clarita? I'm interested to join. Please let me know.
    Shannon
    (661) 755-2333

7. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

newbie here too! great place!! have fun!