jp string and non-jp string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by redsun615, Mar 23, 2009.

1. redsun615

redsun615 Regular Member

just wondering if theres any difference between jp strings and non-jp strings (aside from costs)? like comparing bg80 and nbg95 for example...

thanks~

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Well officially there is no difference...however some will say that JP stuff feels better, better durability/feel, etc. This is the same with racquet rumors. However, there is no official confirmation, so whatever information we have is all speculation.

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I think a comparison between some JP and non-JP strings would be good. Maybe I should do it some time. I've no idea when but I think I should.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    One can always imagine in their head! :D

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    True. If I was to conduct this test, I would have to have the rackets strung by someone else, buy the strings in the same colour and get the stringer, after stringing to mark the rackets 1 and 2 and make a note of this. After playing both strings to breakage (using them both the same amount of time every session I played so they'd wear evenly and documenting the time they were played so we could get an idea of how long they took to break). It'd all be a lot of work for what initially sounded like a very simple task. If I ever get round to it, I'll be sure to post the results.

6. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    From white BG80 i've seen, SP texture feels and looks different than JP and what is supposedly from Canada (CD?). The JP and Canadian ones have a more uniform weave and less "glossy" finish than the SP.

Keep in mind the numbers of each I have seen aren't more than about 20.

7. mickoz

mickoz Regular Member

Software Developper
    Danstevens: yeah, blind tests... plus you have to repeat multiple time, because one test is not always a good indicator (I doubt the material are done 100% the same way, if I remember right, there is some variation in spec even in the same model of racket). And like everything, there is a lot of subjectivity (not only durability, but also feeling). And you would have to use them alternatively at beginning and end of your badminton session (supposing you are more energetic at the beginning or the end!)

Oh and the worst... by the time a conclusion is reached... the company might have changed a little bit how they do the string or if they have different standard for JP and SP, might have improved one or downgraded one, if there is any difference. ;-)