How do you distinquish what class rating are you?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Technostorm, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Technostorm

Technostorm Regular Member

Business Owner
    Years ago.. more like 20+ years ago, Badminton wasn't as popular back then. We used to just walk on to a court converted by normally from a basketball court or a high ceiling gym. We'd practice a few and then accept some challenges for doubles. Win, loose or back and forth wasn't a problem.

Nowadays with badminton being so populars and special locations just designated to full time badminton courts. I find that they've also classified players of certain skills. What I don't understand since I haven't played for well over 20 years is that there's of course your A, B, C, D, E categories while some are listed as Beginners, Intermediates and Advances. Then there are the PRO. How does one distinquish oneself as to which class they belong to? I know the lame way is to group with someone and play a few games loosing all of them and being frowned upon for the dumb attempt. While yet another way I would assume is join up a tournament and maybe have the host drop you down step by step.. I'm just thinking.. Is there actually a way to determine which class they belong too or at least somehow identify oneself? I'm sure one could always be grouped with beginners, yet it may not be the ideal challenge..

Hope someone who ran tournaments or coached students in the past can shed some light for this poor old soul here. Thanks in advance.

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    does this help you?

3. Technostorm

Technostorm Regular Member

Business Owner
    Thanks drifit, its extremely helpful as I now understand the terminology of the "grade". Thanks again.