NS9000-X with string that is very easy to break

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chanjust, Mar 23, 2009.

1. chanjust

chanjust New Member

I have recently purchased NS9000, but the string seem to break very easily. I had BG65 with 24lbs on it at the beginning, but the string broke after 2 sessions (~3hr total) of game, so I thought 24lbs is to high. I used BG65 with 21lbs the second time, again it broke the second time I played. I tried again with BG65 and 21lbs but got it done in a different shop, still it broke after 3 sessions this time. I have had MP99 and ArcSaber 7 too and none of this happened before. I thought BG65 is considered one of the more durable model from Yonex. Is this something with the racquet or what? I am thinking of selling it just because of the expensive stringing needed on this racquet. Anyone had similar experience? Anyone with NS9000 can comment on their experience? I haven't had my string done since then because I don't know what to do.

JC

2. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    try other shops...i believe different stringing machine will hav different effect on ur racquet...

3. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Ns 9000x

Hi chanjust,
    I have a Nanospeed 9000X, first batch NS series, SP 3U G5. I had used YY BG 66, BG 80 on this racket. So far, I found that YY BG 80 is working pretty well for me. Strung at 26 lbs with manual machine at Suzhou at RMB$40/- including workmanship. Still going strong after one year.:p Maybe yr stringer or the stringing machine or maybe yr grommets got some problem?:rolleyes:
    Lee:D

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Try to inspect the gromments, and replace any damaged ones. A splited gromment is just like a knife with sharp edges.

5. noggin

noggin Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I've been playing with the NS9KX for the past 2 seasons and I've not had any problems breaking strings.

I agree that damaged grommets could be the problem, especially considering that neither tension you used was particularly high.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Where is the string breaking?

7. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

But that's unusual...right? BG65 is supposed to be a highly durable string...impossible to break just for 3 hours. It must be something to do with the string quality or stringing technique

8. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Do you slice a lot?

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

mishits....
    bg65 just doesn't break wihtin three hours on 24lbs... not even the pros manage that...
    but if you mishit hard enough, anything can break at any time ;)

10. chanjust

chanjust New Member

That is a brand new racquet, so I don't know if it is the damaged gromments but I will check it out. I have tried two different stringer already. The only reason may be that I mishit quite a bit, but it doesn't happen on my other ArcSaber though, and the ArcSaber string was done with the same stringer too.

I guess I will reconsider selling the racquet just yet since it seems I am the only one with this problem. Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I will try another stringer hoping it is better this time.