Yehlex vs Yonex

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by GeorgeStorm, Mar 24, 2009.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Regular Member

Hey
    Im looking too buy a new racket, and am looking at the Yehlex YX88, the 6105S, and the Fleet Nano 800
    I was wondering, how do any of these compare to a nanospeed 9000x/musclepower 99 in terms of playing style etc,
    Thanks for any help

2. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Play with them, you should have them delivered by now and make your best judgement! You wont be disappointed :p

3. GeorgeStorm

Hey, its you!
    They arrived today, wont be able to test them until sat! :(
    Might see if I can just hit with them beforehand, maybe at school at some point......
    They all look great though, :D

4. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Make sure you keep us posted, ill be interested to see your findings.

5. GeorgeStorm

Well,
    Just got back
    For me, I foudn the 6105 to be head heavy, and I didnt relaly like it,
    The nano 800 was quite nice, quite good balance, nice power, still in contention
    I think I liked, (and therefore palyed most with) the YX77, (typical, the one that isnt on offer) the most, really nice weight, and had a nice level of control/power
    But, gonna paly another couple of horus on tuesday, and maybe more over the weekend, so I will give them all antoher try, but I really dont think I will go for the 6105
    I found that sometimes the 77 didnt have enough oomph, but then again, this isnt newly strung, so......
    Thanks for all your help

6. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Did you make a decision in the end George?

Might be worth trying the YX-LJB racket, looks good and feels great. THe YX5000 is another good racket along with the YX77!

7. GeorgeStorm

Well
    As it stands, going for the 77,
    But, how does the LJB compare?
    Lighter? How is it balanced?
    Stiff?
    Based on what is says on the website, im not sure if I will like it as much, as it is heavier, more haed heavy, im not sure,
    (I mean, I dont really want to have to try out antoher racket, as then I will probs have spent over £10 on return postage!, :p)
    Thanks

#7 GeorgeStorm, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  8. blundey

blundey Regular Member

LJB is head heavey and fairly stiff but not to much, its heavier than the YX77, depnding if u got 4u or 3u?

The LJB is longer by a few cm also.

I prefer the looks of the Lee Jae Bok model in its Orange and chromey colours.

Its worth the try if u get the chance, but the yx 77 may suit you better!

9. GeorgeStorm

Well,
    I presume I got the 4U as it is wonderfully light, :D
    Moreso than the Nano, which I think is 3U
    Colourwise, not too bothered, and I quite like the silver so.........
    But I have emailed the guy again to see what he say about it,a nd also pricing etc (if I want two, :D)

10. blundey

blundey Regular Member

UPDATE:

I played with both LJB and the YX77 back to back last night. YX77 is the one I prefer too! LJB takes more getting used to, thats for sure.

11. GeorgeStorm

Well,
    I think im defo going to go for the 77
    I emailed yehlex again, but a different guy replied, (not the one who offered me the offer etc)
    So, im gonna see if I can speak to Ian again as he knows wha we had talked about etc.

12. blundey

blundey Regular Member

That would be Alan you probably heard from. Top guy too.

Ian is back from the Far east i think now, so give them a ring on their free number.

Good luck with sorting that out. The YX77 feels like a very solid racket and plays incredible. I preferred the look of all the others including the yx5000 yx55 yxLJB. But the YX77 to date is my fav also. Ive got to test some more first before i can pass judgement really, and I should really give the LJB racket more time as I only played one game with it. Some rackets just take that extra long time to get used to.

13. GeorgeStorm

Yeah, was Alan, seemed nice, only reason I wanted to speak with Ian was because he had mentioned a deal and whatever, whereas Alan probably has no knowledge of this
    I am kinda worried that I didnt give enough time to the other rackets, but it was only because after playing a game with the 77 I really really liked it, so.......
    I really like the look of the 99, but more money and heavier etc,
    Ohwell, im sure ill be happy with the 77, :D
    However, what are the differences between the standard yehlex strings the bg65ti (which were on the racket I have been trying out)

14. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Well ive not played with the Yehlex strings myself. Ive only used the ones that were supplied with the demo rackets i got. They all were newly strung with some variant of ashaway. Id prefer some bg80/bg65ti in there eventually, but they are fine at the moment.

Id give the Yehlex strings ago, you might be pleasently suprised. I know I have been suprised by a few strings before, such as Kason P75's and Tactic TG80!

15. GeorgeStorm

Yeah, mine came strung the 65ti, which was pleasant, although ofcourse I have no idea how long they have been on there, :p
    Im probably just going to try the Yehlex ones, save a couple of quid and try some new ones, and as you said, might prefer them!

16. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Always liked Yehlex rackets, would be interesting to try out their new range of stuff!

17. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    Yehlex make some great stuff. I myself own a Yehlex 9900 Nano - a bargain and a great all around racket

18. usman53

usman53 New Member

My first racket was the yx 7000 which i believe to be one of the best rackets i ever used i also have a yx 5000 which is great but lacks control but gives a great smash. I was thinking of getting the 7000 again because my old one is really damaged however i like how the 77 looks and what people have said about it so which ones better?