User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Victor C7032N stringing machine.

I am possibly about to invest in opening a shop here in Ho Chi Minh City. The stringing machine seems to possibly be one of the most expensive needs. My partner, who will be much more involved with the day to day running of the business is advocating for this machine as opposed to a much cheaper manual crank machine. He says the difference is quality is worth it, but my question is if that is true. There is a big need for quality badminton shops in this city,only 3 stores currently that I would trust to buy from, and even those a risky iyam. I'm not against buying this machine if it is worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you planning on having a shop than ECP would be the way to go. manual crank machines are more for the hobbyist stringer who strings at home imo. i wouldn't bring my racquets outside to a shop to get them done on crank machines. i am a stringer myself nowadays and have used both the crank and now own a ECP (worth every penny). get more consistent results with ECP and can crank out jobs much faster. would love to check out your shop once you up and running

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. That was his reasoning as well. The shop will start off pretty small. Mostly internet based, with a small physical store at my partners house. That's for the info.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yeah. things are different now. back 10-15 years ago. most shops don't have ECP machines.

however, these days, an electronic machine is definitely a must. i wouldn't trust a store who do hand crank.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Kwun. You need to demonstrate that you are professional and that you will undertake the best restring for your customer. A good ECP machine is essential.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This machine is worthy every penny. The stringing machine is the business card of every shop. IMO you should decide if it isn't a better marketing strategy to invest in a Yonex machine like ES5Pro.
    You should also calculate if it isn't better to rent a highend machine over a short period (2 years) to see if your shop can run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone. This place is full of great info. I'll look into the Yonex machine. Not sure if rentals are available here. Any experience with fleet stringing machines?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I would think the same, I do know a sports shop that still strings with a manual machine but replaced the manual crank shaft with a WISE. The difference is probably the fact that it's been around since the late 70s; so it has already built a solid foundation.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vibgyor1111 View Post
    Thanks everyone. This place is full of great info. I'll look into the Yonex machine. Not sure if rentals are available here. Any experience with fleet stringing machines?
    I can't help you with the Fleet machine. Sorry, but maybe this helps you for your plans:

Ask yourself, especially when you buy products, if somebody will worship and request it. Some smaller brands have great rackets and are an insider tip but you won't make much money with them.

I don't know how famous Fleet is in Vietnam, but with a high end machine of a popular brand you will tell your customer "Come in and feel like a pro". I bet with a ES5Pro you will give your customer this feeling. You will find great machines for a third to a quarter of the price but, don't give this feel to your customer. A lot people are brain washed and simple. Use it for your business. It's not bad to use it. If Victor is also popular in Vietnam, the Victor machine is also a great choice.

You can also take a look at Alpha, Fleet etc. machines, but don't forget you are the new kid on the block and you must show how professional you are and that you are the better choice. If you don't invest much, you won't get much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are seriously awesome. Great info ucantseeme. Very grateful. Any other tips of the trade will be appreciated.