Fake Yonex Vs real $30 dollar rackets

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by hiya123, Mar 24, 2009.

1. hiya123

hiya123 New Member

Have any of you tried the fake yonex NS 9000 rackets? I saw one for about $30s and heard from some people that they actually play really well and tend to hold up well. $30 seemed quite cheap I figured, even for a fake. I might buy it as a backup.

I was wondering how they compare to other $30 beginner rackets on the market? How is the swing? The weight? The durability? The power? The control? The feel?

I know this is a silly question, but I'm also curious , since both the real yonex and the fake yonex look almost exactly the same, shouldn't they have similar characteristics (excluding the fact that one's made from cheap material). How does the fake yonex fair against the real yonex?

2. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    There are a variety of fake Yonex rackets. I really doubt two people would receive the same one unless they bought from the same seller. Condoning and endorsing the sale/use of fakes is also not ethical, I should say. It would at least be better if the racket was a clone rather than a fake.

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    The thing is...the quality between each and every counterfeit racket varies a lot more than say a genuine low end racket. Just stay away from them...

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If i were you i would just save up some money and buy a real racket.

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

true that. Fakes are exactly what they are called. There is no replacement. no benchmark, no assurances. many companies offer better products for only a little more money. Get a back up from there. Think about Genji rackets. They have some Decent $40 rackets.

6. kirbosmash

kirbosmash Regular Member

as a friend once told me, fakes have one purpose and one purpose only: to profit.
    The only thing good about it is their paint jobs - I have a fake Nanospeed 8000 (can't remember the number), arcsaber 10, ti-10, - they do not hit well at all, lack any power whatsover, and are heavy or not the same specs as its parent racket.

Hope this helps.

7. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Who said stuff that looks the same play the same?? I could sell you a steal racquet that's got a paintjob that looks exactly like a real Yonex and it'd play completely different.

No QC for fake racquets, and lots of factories making them; each will play differently and if you have an okay one you're lucky. Most of the time, they're garbage.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    fake is not a brand, therefore u can't do 1 to 1 comparison with a racket of known maker.

9. kirbosmash

kirbosmash Regular Member

APACS clones racket for cheap - check them out.

10. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    I have some quite high end clones. They're not half bad too! One is quite similar to the AT900P and my friend, who plays professionally, could barely tell.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you want to be poser and want people see you hold a racket that looks like a real Yonex, buy one of the clonex ones. Apacs, Winex, whatever.

Clonex brand tend to have quality and spec control. as opposed to fake ones, which number one goal is to make the racket out of the cheapest and lowest quality material possible.

i have a fake ARC10 that i bought for US$12 in China. i compare it to my real ARC10. other than the paint color, they have no similarity. it is less than half as stiff as the real one, and things like grips and grommet started falling off.

12. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    So... The idea is that a fake racquet = a legal racquet? So what's the difference between a stone lion with life-like paint and a real lion??? Haha...