Racquet Stringing to misshape the head?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by JohRokr, Mar 25, 2009.

1. JohRokr

JohRokr Regular Member

Hey everyone, I just recently joined this forum. I have a question regarding my situation below.
    I just a couple weeks ago bought two head Nano Power 600s. One for home and one to leave at school. Just a couple days ago one of my head racquet's strings broke. I brought it back to national sports where I originally bought the racquet from. The manager there was very nice, he offered to string my racquet free of charge because it was a recent purchase. I chose to get the racquet strung at 22lbs with Bg 70pro. I picked up my racquet today and when I got home, I compared it to my second Head racquet. I noticed a great difference in shape between the two. The newly stringed head racquet now has a more oval/narrow shape to it compared to the boxed shape of the second racquet. Of course I noticed it when picking it up, but I thought I was just fooling myself and didn't want to seem rude.
    When comparing the racquets, the newly stringed racquet's head is about .75 cm longer than the other racquet. and about .75 to 1cm narrower from the sides. This is quite a difference.
    I was wondering if this happens to racquets commonly because they need to bend when being strung? If not, will this affect the performance of the racquet greatly? Less so than it having factory strings?
    I'm still very willing to let this go and still play with it if it isnt too much of a problem. National sports was very nice and all. The head seems just as symmetrical as the second racquet.

Thanks everyone

-John

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

that can happen. Its the sign of a not too excellent string job. i believe that the nanopowers can take 28 pounds. it has probably warped a bit, but not badly, like some other rackets. I believe that it wont affect your performance too greatly. In the future, try other stringer though.

3. JohRokr

JohRokr Regular Member

Ohhh alright.
    Yeah the tension rating on the racquet says 20-26lbs

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    That 0.75cm to 1cm distortion is too serious, and I suggest you cut the strings and restring again using another stringer.
    When you take your blank racquet to the new stringer take a measuring tape and measure the distance of the racquet length, from tip to butt end, in the presence of the stringer. Ask him to note it down and tell him you expect your restrung racquet to be close to spot on in length after stringing.
    This way you will improve the competitiveness and quality of stringers in your area and at the same time you get a quality stringing job done.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    This surely sounds like a terrible string job. I assume the store you get your service is some sort of big chain sports store, which mostly, they only have experience with tennis racket, but hardly badminton.

6. JohRokr

JohRokr Regular Member

Well, I just played with the racquet today. The strings felt better than the factory strings. As well, I didn't feel anything wrong with the racquet itself either. I'm not too experienced in badminton so I don't know if I'm suppose to feel much at all. As long as the racquet doesnt explode or break on me anytime soon, I think I'll keep playing with it. The racquet was about 45 dollars so it would not be too much of a loss.
    Do you guys think it'll stay intact with that much bending?