Bg65

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Calvin Ong, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Calvin Ong

Calvin Ong Regular Member

Student of UPM
    Anyone using BG65. Just want to know can I string BG65 at 30lbs in order for me to get the same feel with BG66 at 28 lbs. Considering this because I always break the BG66 within 2 hours of play. It's very expensive for me to always restring the rackets. Please help. Thanks.

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Oldhand (one of the mods here) does that. Just remember, the more tension you put on a string, the thinner it becomes. This means that BG-65 at 30LBs may only last as long as BG-66 at 28 (although saying that, I doubt 2LBs will make that much of a difference).

3. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    IMHO, BG65 doesn't feel like BG66 at any tension. They are quite different in feel. BG65 at 28lbs+ (prestretched) feels very stiff. BG66 done the same or even 2-3 lbs more still has a bit of spring to it.

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Good point. Personally, I don't use either string on my main rackets but Oldhand discussed this at reasonable length it a thread somewhere. Basically, he strings over 30Lbs and BG-66 just wasn't lasting (well, it wouldn't) so he changed over to BG-65. I can't remember how similar he said they felt though. Maybe he'll stumble across this thread and tell you and me about it again.

5. Calvin Ong

Student of UPM
    Just send my racket for restring. Try to use BG65 at 30lbs. Will write my review after I try it.

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Make sure the stringer applied 10% pre-stretch to BG-65 for both main and cross strings.

7. Calvin Ong

Student of UPM
    What is the meaning of "pre-stretch"? My stringer always use two knots method, constant pull using RSL electronic stringing machine.

8. Calvin Ong

Student of UPM
    After testing BG65 at 30lbs. What I can say is BG66 is better than BG65. BG65 at 30lbs is totally different from BG66 at 28lbs. In term of smash power, BG65 at 30lbs is quite nice... But in term of repulsion and feel, I think BG66 is better. Some more BG65 can't generate the high pitch sound like BG66.

9. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

Part-Time Student, Full-time Badminton Fanatic
    stringers may or may not pre-stretch a string, so that it doesn't lose as much tension when on the frame. BG-65 is really bad for losing tension unless pre-stretched. I've read stats that it will lose 10%+ in the first week after stringing. After 3-4 months, my racket feels like it's dropped 2lbs, sometimes :(

I find it suprising that your stringer uses a single-piece method. I thought that everyone had adopted the two-piece stringing? That being said, factory strung rackets are always sigle-piece strung...as far as I know...???

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I see. The RSL machine is a re branded Opus. Just ask your stringer to add 10% pre stretch to the string.

11. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

You can definitely string at 30lbs as long as your racket support it...
    For your reference, Lin Dan string BG65 at 31 lbs so 30 lbs will be fine!!!

But do aware of the fact that the durability will drop if you string it at too high tension