Regarding a little crack

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SirEdward, Mar 26, 2009.

1. SirEdward

SirEdward Regular Member

A few days ago, I bought an Armortec 800 at a store called Racquet Edge, and today when I was playing a doubles game, I slightly hit the floor and noticed that there was a small crack. It doesn't seem like a huge deal at first and I was wondering what options I have.
    I read around and recall that someone said this:
    "Sometimes if the crack is not too bad you can repair it by simply using SuperGlue...any other method of repair will add weight to one area which will cause unbalanced head and most stringers will refuse to string it if they see the crack.."
    Is that a good idea? or should I go back to the store and ask to trade in for another racket of the same price? because apparently the company doesn't make Armortec 800s anymore.

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Is it a crack or paint chip? If you only clipped the floor, I find it highly unlikely that you cracked the racket. Could you upload some images of the blemish please?

3. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

Armortec 800 is notorious for its fragile frame. mine didn't survive one small clash with my partner.

even if you have it repaired now, you may want to pursue your second option before it's too late.

4. xLittle21Yaox

xLittle21Yaox Regular Member

Student
    If you bought it recently, within a 2weeks or so. Most retailers are willing to exchange them for ya because you could say "that you were playing and all of a sudden it started to crack". Therefore it is a manufacturers defect and they should be willing to exchange it. I did that with my ArcSaber 10 :p

5. SirEdward

SirEdward Regular Member

I went back to the store and the stupid owner was like " If you pay $25 then I'll send it to Yonex and you'll have to wait a month.." I was just like what the heck, shouldn't he at least pay for the shipping fee?
    So then I talked to my coach, and my coach agreed that the owner of the store should've paid for the shipping fee. But if I wait for a month, the season will almost end, and I will definitely need it during that month.
    Sigh..

6. SirEdward

SirEdward Regular Member

I don't have a camera, but I can sort of describe it to you. At first it just looks like a straight line of paint chipped off in the inside, between the two black tubes where the strings come through. But then there was no way of hitting that area to make the paint chip off, so it is a small crack. My coach said it was an manufacturer defect.

7. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

correct he is. I think it is high noon disease, a great killer for the great 800's. Yes, it its still warrantied, and yes, the store owner was being a bit cheap and rude. Depending on which 800 you have, you get the AT900P or T.

8. SirEdward

SirEdward Regular Member

How long is the warranty? because I think I'll send it to Yonex after my seasons over, which is about a month to 2 months?