World Class Badminton in Leicester!
George Frith's annual World Class Badminton Exhibition will take place this year in Leicester on Sunday 26th April 09.
The following players will take part:
Nathan Robertson - Olympic Silver Medallist Athens 2004, World Champion 2006, European Mixed Doubles Champion 2006, All England Champion 2005, National Mens Doubles Champion 2009.
Jenny Wallwork - Dutch Mixed Doubles Champion, National Ladies Doubles Runner-up 2009, new exciting prospect for London 2012 and Nathan's new mixed partner.
Anthony Clark - European Mixed Doubles Champion 2008, World Mixed Doubles Silver 2006, All England Mixed Runner-up 2007, National Mens & Mixed Champion 2009.
Donna Kellogg - European Mixed Doubles Champion 2008, World Mixed Doubles Silver 2006, All England Mixed Runner-up 2007, National Ladies & Mixed Doubles Champion 2009.
George, a professional badminton coach in Leicester, has run these events since 2001 for two reasons - firstly to raise badminton's profile and public awareness to World Class badminton and secondly to raise money for charity.
The programme for the event will be as follows:
* 1pm Doors open.
* 1.15pm On Court Coaching of high level local junior players by Anthony Clark.
* 2pm Main Event - Exhibition Match: Anthony Clark & Donna Kellogg vs. Nathan Robertson & Jenny Wallwork.
(Badminton England Umpires will officiate the match)
* Question & Answer session with England Stars.
* Audience members get once in a lifetime opportunity of short game with England Stars.
* Raffle for each players autographed racket.
* Finish off with autograph opportunity (circa 4pm)
Cost of Tickets:
Adults £15; Under 18's £7.50
Anyone requiring tickets should send a letter request and cheque payable to: G. Frith along with a stamped addressed envelope by Friday 17th April to:
George Frith, 24 Taverners Road, Leicester, LE4 2HZ
Any further questions please contact George on Tel. 07796 - 593887 or e-mail: email@example.com
This Event has received Badminton England Sanction.
All proceeds to charities Help the Aged and NSPCC.