I'm a traitor

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Cheeseitz, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Cheeseitz

Cheeseitz Regular Member

Student
    At least to my tennis team. Next year I am going to join the badminton team after practicing constantly in the summer. I go to San Leandro High School in the bay area, California and I am 15. I wonder if my tennis coach will track me down and hold me hostage for being a traitor.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, traitor..er..i mean Cheeseitz!:)..Dude, for one, i must give you a thumbs up for totally abandoning tennis & switching to badminton; on the other hand, though, i hope in another yr time you won't turn out to be a baddy traitor..:eek:
    Anyway, keep visiting us and and hope you'll enjoy surfing in here!;):cool:..And good luck on your attempt to escape the tennis team and join the baddy team..:p

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hi Cheeseitz,
    welcome to BC ............. :)

traitor?? no... no... no...
    i am still playing tennis :D

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I am sure your tennis team will miss you :) .. But you made the right choice, of course :).. Badminton is even more challenging, fast, explosive and more variety of strokes, tactics etc.. Badminton is simply having more dimensions to it than tennis as a game..

In tennis it is hard to learn proper ground-stroke for top-spinned forehand & backhand & serve.. But on the other hand there isnt so much variety of shots to learn..

In badminton hitting a forehand clear and a backhand clear is not really enough.. yuo have to learn (and master, even at lover levels of competition) fast-drops,slow-drops,smashes, jump-smashes, sliced-shots, reversed slice-shots, backhand drop, backhand smash, push, netkill, flicks, lifts, blocks etc..

A great thing for a good tennis player is that he should have the basics for a good badminton smash, if he is a good server, as the badminton smash is almost identical stroke wise to a tennis serve..

Cheers & good luck with learning the game of badminton
    Twobeer

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Switching sports is not being traitorous. A traitor betrays his country, commits treason, or betrays another's trust. We play many games and we sometimes play all or some of them. Or we may choose one and switch to another one, which is very common. Get any guilt you may have out of your chest and enjoy badminton.

6. Cheeseitz

Cheeseitz Regular Member

Student
    I don't think I will become a baddy traitor because there is a 'special' person on the team :rolleyes: I think my team already has a hint of my change of heart.

Badminton is much more fast paced because it's a smaller area and the birdie goes faster.

I being traitorous to my team because it already lost 8/10 of the varsity lineup. So they need as many players as possible but I don't want to be stuck with a small team. Badminton had 100+ people at one time but it's cut down to like 63 now.

7. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Wow, that's a very large team, nonetheless.

8. Cheeseitz

Cheeseitz Regular Member

Student
    It's like 95% Asian, 5% White/Latino 0% Black

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

welcome to bc forum and have fun here!:)

10. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Welcome !
    Ouh about the traitor ... if you like to eat chicken then you eat beef you want to say you a traitor?(Sorry .. stupid example) ...

Ouh ... bla bla bla bla bla (-refer what Taneepak said)

Ouh .. about the 'special person' .. you really remind me to my 'special person' ... Damn really want too see her ... Its already 7 months Im not see them ...

#10 Amin Khalili, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  11. pro1992

pro1992 Regular Member

Student and Coach
    i play badminton and tennis...there both great sports!:cool: