User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Highlights of the At-900P/T/700 new old?

    Hi. I am looking to buy the At-900P but it has never been regarded as an attacking powerful racket compared to the At-700 old version where everybody drools over the power it has. The At-900P has never been widely supported by BC forumers. My question is, what are really the highlights of the two rackets in terms of performance? Have people reached a consensus on if the old and new At-700 are the same or not also?

    Second questions, if I was going to get a new At-700, should I just stick with the At-900P?

    Third questions, technique should just have a bit more control right? Even though it varies from person to person, I can say the same for the power of the At-700, the power should vary from person to person, but everybody have such high regards for that racket in terms of power.

    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by KazeCloud; 03-28-2009 at 04:53 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member issarakaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Polluted City no 3
    Posts
    497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KazeCloud View Post

    Third questions, technique should just have a bit more control right? Even though it varies from person to person, I can say the same for the power of the At-700, the power should vary from person to person, but everybody have such high regards for that racket in terms of power.

    Thanks for reading.
    I only can answer the third, you're right 'bout power should vary but many people can generate the best power from him when using at700 that's why at700 is having some die hard fans and many admirer... but not me

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you want power then forget about AT700 and AT900P and go with SOTX W11

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ? ?The Moon? ?
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Isnt the SW11 , less head heavy and less stiff though?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisss View Post
    Isnt the SW11 , less head heavy and less stiff though?
    Yes but that doesn't stop it from being a great attacking racket. For me though, it still doesn't match the AT700.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the AT700 is more stiff than the AT900P/T, therefore if u have good technique and a fast swing, the AT700 is better, not only can it produce more power, but it is easier on your wallet too, unless your hunting for the old or LTD AT700...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    AT700 I find is the whippiest, the AT900P feels like an AT700 with less whip, more stiff. The T is completely different, you'll have to get used to how fast it cuts through the air.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    AT700 I find is the whippiest, the AT900P feels like an AT700 with less whip, more stiff. The T is completely different, you'll have to get used to how fast it cuts through the air.
    Is the more whip from a more flexible shaft? The guy before you just said the At-700 has a more stiff shaft, which is hard to believe because I have always thought that the At-700 is a head-heavy flexible racket, while the At-900P is a less head-heavy than At-700 but stiffer. Which balances out.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KazeCloud View Post
    Is the more whip from a more flexible shaft? The guy before you just said the At-700 has a more stiff shaft, which is hard to believe because I have always thought that the At-700 is a head-heavy flexible racket, while the At-900P is a less head-heavy than At-700 but stiffer. Which balances out.
    well i have both rackets, the AT700(old) and the AT900P, and if u flex them both, u'll find that the at700 is stiffer

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well this concludes it. At-700 is the racket to have of the century. Still having doubts about the new At-700 though. From the first few posters of the differences, is the At-700 new version still different from the old?
    Last edited by KazeCloud; 03-28-2009 at 03:40 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO, if you want power for cheaper, the Woven 7 is badass; whip is there, but feels IMO a tad more solid, and the huge boom is there.

    However, I would say the AT900P is almost like a cross between At700 and NS9000X; faster, and stiffer, but still head heavy. Whatever suits your swing best; I get huge power from pretty much anything but the NS9000X, but others find my AT700s powerless.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Athlete1234 that makes a lot of sense. Agh its just. My parents just bought me a At-900P in China the other day, I still haven't held it yet. But everybody on the forum seems to be in love with the At-700 OLD just like the old Ti-10. They didn't have the At-700 OLD at the store, so I just said get the At-900P. I'm having a bit of a buyers remorse now after I read so many people say how the At-700 is such a godly powerful racket. Even though everybody is different, more people like the At-700.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's mostly because 1) LD only used AT700 old and 2) people are freaked out by colour changes.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KazeCloud View Post
    Thanks Athlete1234 that makes a lot of sense. Agh its just. My parents just bought me a At-900P in China the other day, I still haven't held it yet. But everybody on the forum seems to be in love with the At-700 OLD just like the old Ti-10. They didn't have the At-700 OLD at the store, so I just said get the At-900P. I'm having a bit of a buyers remorse now after I read so many people say how the At-700 is such a godly powerful racket. Even though everybody is different, more people like the At-700.
    Oh come.....on. You are lucky to even have a racket that "high-end", and now your whining cause strangers on a website don't mention the at900p as much as the at700. You should actually TRY your racket before regretting ever buying it.

Similar Threads

  1. 1996 All England Highlights
    By modious in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 35
    : 06-24-2010, 03:56 AM
  2. 1998 All England Highlights
    By modious in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 10
    : 12-17-2007, 01:17 AM
  3. WC 2006 Highlights
    By astro in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 1
    : 02-05-2007, 01:35 PM
  4. ESPN2 WC'05 Highlights.
    By Quasimodo in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 8
    : 09-22-2005, 01:38 PM
  5. BBC2 highlights
    By Togey in forum World Championships 2005
    Replies: 4
    : 08-31-2005, 04:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •